The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
McMurrayHawkFan

Adidas Hawk Jersey

I might buy a discounted Reebok jersey to be honest, the new Jersey is nice but theres not enough changes made for me to want to pay extra.

You guys can say what you want... I knew I would get hate for it. It's a mentality in American pro sports that is different from the rest of the world. Like Big Macs or fidgetspinners... Not hating on it, I just think it's cool to have some variation.

Then again, I've moved around my whole life, and gone to different schools my whole life, so I love change.

HawkMod said on 1 hour ago:

You guys can say what you want... I knew I would get hate for it. It's a mentality in American pro sports that is different from the rest of the world. Like Big Macs or fidgetspinners... Not hating on it, I just think it's cool to have some variation.

Then again, I've moved around my whole life, and gone to different schools my whole life, so I love change.

Good then give me your 5.10,20,50,100 dollar bills and I'll give you the change I have left over !!!! :D

• Upvote 1

Creature1958 said on 4 hours ago:

Good then give me your 5.10,20,50,100 dollar bills and I'll give you the change I have left over !!!! :D

So sorry sir... I don't carry cash.

The real issue of jerseys is ........nevermind to valuable to say .....What struck me enough to post is the Vegas jerseys ......They have an tarnished dull yellow ....was suppose to be gold ...The response from Adidas was Gold was impossible ..... Pretty sure the metallic gold was out tonight at the MLB all star game 

Yea they are having a tough time selling them ......lots of reasons that i am not willing to discuss  without compensation

Edited by PuckProphet
  • Upvote 1

HawkMod said on 19 hours ago:

So sorry sir... I don't carry cash.

Then don't expect the change you love so much unless you are talking socks and skivies.:P

Edited by Creature1958

i said somewhere else here that i could really care less about the uniforms but i have to reevaluate and agree with many here after seeing this picture.

that white collar on the home jersey looks pretty bad alright.

a clip-on tie wouldn*t really look out of place on it.

DFIx--pXYAA7ZZa.jpg

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Upvote 3

Yep. I like it even less having seen this pic. The away isn't as bad. I really don't understand why they made that change at all...

• Upvote 2

galaxytrash said on 9 hours ago:

i said somewhere else here that i could really care less about the uniforms but i have to reevaluate and agree with many here after seeing this picture.

DFIx--pXYAA7ZZa.jpg

Or just darken the Shield in all black and convert the boys to Catholicism...

• Upvote 1

they were thinking they can make 4 million more from jerseys sales from the switch ....judging by the less than rousing exuberance from the fans  thinking they will lose 4 million .... 

the real issue comes in the form of a TSN quote  

“If you’re already deciding on a major NHL jersey overhaul, maybe with Adidas striping on the jerseys, then it seems like it would be a good time to introduce the ads, if you plan to do it anyway,” a league source told TSN.

Of course though like i mentioned to the front office and league many times there is no rule a bad idea has to remain a bad idea 

clarification  ...i do not endorse "ads" in the form of logos ....the idea is they will be placed between the stripes on the arms and shoulders which is a small area  eventually some sponsors is going to want to go middle of the back ...The best spot for advertisement is where the Hawks head is ... Still though revenue is king who cares what the fans think .....this idea of endorsements  has unforeseen consequences both good and bad 

heck if you look at the entry part of the website  its already happening  the ad is on the right shoulder not around the stripes in mentioned 

Edited by PuckProphet
clarification

galaxytrash said on On 7/20/2017 at 6:23 AM:

DFIx--pXYAA7ZZa.jpg

Yikes!!!

PSA: All Reebok jerseys are either 50% off or buy 1 get 1.

My white jersey is a CCM and my red jersey is a Koho.  I think Nike makes basketball shorts, Reebok makes running shoes, and Adidas makes soccer balls.

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on On 7/20/2017 at 4:23 AM:

DFIx--pXYAA7ZZa.jpg

banker.jpg
That's what your post made me think of.

:D

Not happy about the collar, but am really happy those dumb-arse curved cutsd are gone from the RBK ones.

For anyone local, the Reeboks are now 60% off at the UC store (new and improved - pretty darn cool in the new atrium where the Jordan statue used to be and is again) and the Hawks store in Aurora! Btw - the Oak Brook store closed recently.

• Upvote 1

NextDynasty said on 13 hours ago:

For anyone local, the Reeboks are now 60% off at the UC store (new and improved - pretty darn cool in the new atrium where the Jordan statue used to be and is again) and the Hawks store in Aurora! Btw - the Oak Brook store closed recently.

I wouldn't give them a dime for a fake authentic jersey from Indonesia, but at 60% off it beats the even crappier replicas.... 

holy hell...jersey's have gotten pricey.

i would get altybarmakyan's name and hope he made the team down the road just for spite.  :)

galaxytrash said on 2 hours ago:

holy hell...jersey's have gotten pricey.

i would get altybarmakyan's name and hope he made the team down the road just for spite.  :)

GT, did you cut and paste Altybarmakyan's name, like I just did, or do it from memory? :)

• Like 1

tincup61 said on 3 minutes ago:

GT, did you cut and paste Altybarmakyan's name, like I just did, or do it from memory? :)

haha....guilty.   

i thought i was being clever, though. i purposely changed the "A" at the start of his name to an "a" to try and fool people, because i'm too lazy to use caps usually.

got to hand it to you....you're a sly bugger, cup.  :P

• Like 1

65% off ......yea despite the obvious flaws ....both of design and marketing ....I remove the sell or hold recommendation .....switching over to a buy recommendation 

PuckProphet said on 25 minutes ago:

65% off ......yea despite the obvious flaws ....both of design and marketing ....I remove the sell or hold recommendation .....switching over to a buy recommendation 

I had promised my bride I would ease up on the jersey obsession, but at 65% off, I think one more couldn't hurt. Plus, it's an excuse to replace my Saad winter classic from Soldier Field which I hated.

• Like 1

The collar kind of sucks...  But I love Hawks jerseys, so I preordered a Saad.   I can't wait for the dog sled delivery sometime in February... 

• Like 1