The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
McMurrayHawkFan

Adidas Hawk Jersey

Thoughts? They didn't do to much to the Hawk jersey but the collar seems different and I don't like any change to it really. Alterations in the name of the mighty buck, not because it's necessary. Perhaps I'm just getting old....

• Upvote 2

I don't like the neck. Looks like a RC priest. Anyone know if the Hawks will have a 3rd jersey this year? And yes I know there are far more important issues for the Hawks than the supplier of their jerseys. 

The NHL just keeps screwing with things. 

• Upvote 1

^ ditto.   Not a fan of the collar.   I think it would look better in this style with a lace tie neck....

• Upvote 2

Hate the collar. Otherwise fine. I'm interested to put one on and see how it feels, if they truly are magically lighter yet stronger. 

No third jerseys this year. For anyone, except those playing in the outdoor games. I'll bet they'll be back within a couple years, though, with the ads soon to follow....

Edited by vadarx
  • Upvote 2

McMurrayHawkFan said on 10 hours ago:

I don't like the neck. Looks like a RC priest. Anyone know if the Hawks will have a 3rd jersey this year? And yes I know there are far more important issues for the Hawks than the supplier of their jerseys. 

Agree with the collar -- I wonder if it would have looked better if they simply wrapped the collar all the way around, instead of intersecting the jersey color (beneath the collar) up through the front of it (where the NHL logo is). The way they did it, it looks like the NHL logo is just "floating" so to speak, which is really annoying. If they wrapped the collar all the way around and didn't abruptly stop it on both sides, it would look less dumb.

That said, I said the same thing when Reebok put the logo there, and it eventually grew on me to the point where I didn't even notice it anymore; hopefully, these will have the same effect eventually. We'll see.

Edited by Granada
  • Upvote 1

Hawkeytown said on 8 hours ago:

^ ditto.   Not a fan of the collar.   I think it would look better in this style with a lace tie neck....

You're right. In the picture above, you can see Dallas' with the neck tie, and it does look better.

Bring out your pitchforks... I wish they would've changed it more or not at all. I don't understand the concept of "tradition" in that everything needs to stay the same for the rest of time. I know it's an American sports thing... but growing up in a country that was dominated by futbol, I saw all of the teams change to a new style of jersey every year and a half almost.

Even if your team has a sucky style that year, just wait to the following iteration. (example below)

Image result for evolution of barcelona jersey

got to seem them and handle them today.......ehh.....I wonder how durable they will be......i still hate adidas

mtl09 said on 1 hour ago:

got to seem them and handle them today.......ehh.....I wonder how durable they will be......i still hate adidas

I have been wondering the same... one report I read by someone who has handled it said it should hold up. I kinda envision a repeat of when the Edge jerseys were originally roled out. Ie, they might hold up but we will see how the players like them...

I hate the collars. So much so I won't be buying any Hawk jersey until a newer design happens in the future that I like. Maybe get the hoodie with laces. I love mine, comfy and looks great. Always alternatives eh.

It could be worse...they could've used that awful "Black Hawk" crest to appease the PC brigade.

Glad they got rid of the tail.  Glad the 'hawk design stayed virtually the same.  Collar?  it's ugly but so was the RBK.

• Upvote 2

McMurrayHawkFan said on On 6/25/2017 at 9:28 PM:

I hate the collars. So much so I won't be buying any Hawk jersey until a newer design happens in the future that I like. Maybe get the hoodie with laces. I love mine, comfy and looks great. Always alternatives eh.

I agree, I prefer the Reebok jersey to the Adidas .  On the bright side the Reebok jerseys are on sale in most places, I just picked up a Toews home jersey for $120 CDN (real, not knock-off). 

DarthKane said on 31 minutes ago:

I agree, I prefer the Reebok jersey to the Adidas .  On the bright side the Reebok jerseys are on sale in most places, I just picked up a Toews home jersey for $120 CDN (real, not knock-off). 

Lol, I was thinking of doing the same, I'd imagine they'll be really cheap here in a month or two. Buttttt.... I may pass too, cuz I probably have enough already....

• Upvote 1

vadarx said on 3 minutes ago:

Lol, I was thinking of doing the same, I'd imagine they'll be really cheap here in a month or two. Buttttt.... I may pass too, cuz I probably have enough already....

I have my fair share of Hawks jerseys too, but I lost a bunch of weight and they're all way to big. It's the perfect excuse to buy more Blackhawks clothing. B)

• Upvote 1

DarthKane said on 9 minutes ago:

I have my fair share of Hawks jerseys too, but I lost a bunch of weight and they're all way to big. It's the perfect excuse to buy more Blackhawks clothing. B)

quit your damn bragging.   

:)

• Upvote 1

DarthKane said on 1 hour ago:

Ha! Sounds like a valid reason to me!

McMurrayHawkFan said on On 2017-06-21 at 11:54 PM:

A Radio Controlled priest eh? I like your way of thinking! And HawkMod, get that the hell outta here. My goodness is that awful. Futbol can keep em, I'd be embarrassed if the Hawks did anything near that, I'd go Incredible Hulk, then in my tattered clothes that sad piano song would be playing as I walk alone. The Indian Head is the Hawks, we need to keep it that way. Futb🤑l is a money grab, they need a ton of money to pay ballerinas 50 million a year. I hope that pitch fork wasn't to Sharp for ya!!!

Big-T said on 2 hours ago:

A Radio Controlled priest eh? I like your way of thinking! And HawkMod, get that the hell outta here. My goodness is that awful. Futbol can keep em, I'd be embarrassed if the Hawks did anything near that, I'd go Incredible Hulk, then in my tattered clothes that sad piano song would be playing as I walk alone. The Indian Head is the Hawks, we need to keep it that way. Futb🤑l is a money grab, they need a ton of money to pay ballerinas 50 million a year. I hope that pitch fork wasn't to Sharp for ya!!!

<Resists incredible urge to make a comment that the board would consider distasteful>

LordKOTL said on 9 minutes ago:

<Resists incredible urge to make a comment that the board would consider distasteful>

I don't find much distasteful, and I know there's 101 jokes that could come out of that. But we'll leave it at "Radio Controlled"!!!

LordKOTL said on 16 minutes ago:

Hey unless you try it it cannot be distasteful. One of my favorite dinners is beef liver pan fried in the bacon and onion grease you use to put on the liver. Toss in some mashed taters and green beans and it's heaven. But liver gets a bad rap and always has that is why I have to go out to get it. The wife says it stinks up the house and nobody will eat it but me. But she loves liverwurst and will put it on white bread with a slice of onion.  WHAT ????  you eat raw liver but not cooked?  Then she doesn't like cooked shrimp which well shrimp has to be cooked so when I get the raw shrimp and cook it say well isn't the same? Nope she thinks frozen shrimp that is raw that was frozen and shipped is different than shrimp that was caught cooked and frozen that day. In the end it's all the same just an illusion in one persons mind......Oh wait we call that an opinion not a fact.

• Upvote 2

HawkMod said on On 6/23/2017 at 2:39 PM:

Bring out your pitchforks... I wish they would've changed it more or not at all. I don't understand the concept of "tradition" in that everything needs to stay the same for the rest of time. I know it's an American sports thing... but growing up in a country that was dominated by futbol, I saw all of the teams change to a new style of jersey every year and a half almost.

Even if your team has a sucky style that year, just wait to the following iteration. (example below)

Image result for evolution of barcelona jersey

Painful. Like going to the optometrist's office. I have a headache after looking at these jerseys.

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on On 7/6/2017 at 0:56 PM:

I don't find much distasteful, and I know there's 101 jokes that could come out of that. But we'll leave it at "Radio Controlled"!!!

Creature1958 said on On 7/6/2017 at 1:22 PM:

Hey unless you try it it cannot be distasteful. One of my favorite dinners is beef liver pan fried in the bacon and onion grease you use to put on the liver. Toss in some mashed taters and green beans and it's heaven. But liver gets a bad rap and always has that is why I have to go out to get it. The wife says it stinks up the house and nobody will eat it but me. But she loves liverwurst and will put it on white bread with a slice of onion.  WHAT ????  you eat raw liver but not cooked?  Then she doesn't like cooked shrimp which well shrimp has to be cooked so when I get the raw shrimp and cook it say well isn't the same? Nope she thinks frozen shrimp that is raw that was frozen and shipped is different than shrimp that was caught cooked and frozen that day. In the end it's all the same just an illusion in one persons mind......Oh wait we call that an opinion not a fact.

Something I learned in life:  Even if there are people who can laugh at anything...there's bound to be some yoyo that gets offended by everything...and given the comment of a "Radio-controlled" priest and the fact that it being Chicago with a large catholic population (if my family is anything to go by), I'll stick with resisting the urge to make a distasteful comment even though T teed one up for me to knock out of the park.

• Upvote 1