The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
galaxytrash

Hossa done?

Man, what a frickin bummer..... I hope he can come back for at least one of his remaining 3 years and finish his career properly. This is no way for his career to end...

• Upvote 2

vadarx said on Just now:

Man, what a frickin bummer..... I hope he can come back for at least one of his remaining 3 years and finish his career properly. This is no way for his career to end...

galaxytrash said on 1 minute ago:

Yeah, well that doesn't mean he is gonna retire. He is gonna take it year by year, I'm sure. I swear to god the league better not penalize the 'hawks in any way because of this. 

I don't believe the Hawks can be penalized. It's a legitimate issue, and he's "done" for the year. I'm sure next year will be the same. Once the Hawks get the ok for him to "retire" like Pronger did, the Hawks will do something nice for him. I do however find this very convenient though!!!

• Upvote 3

LTIR here we come, why would Hossa play a full year for $1M this is an out for the Hawks from his contract. B)

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 1 minute ago:

I don't believe the Hawks can be penalized. It's a legitimate issue, and he's "done" for the year. I'm sure next year will be the same. Once the Hawks get the ok for him to "retire" like Pronger did, the Hawks will do something nice for him. I do however find this very convenient though!!!

As do many in the media world

• Upvote 1

I'm sure a lot of people are going to find it "convenient" T, but that doesn't make it less true. Sounds like he has been dealing with it for years. I hope he takes a year or two off and then can come back for one last go around.

That being said, it certainly is gonna help the cap situation. I'd say it's around safe bet that no one is traded besides Kruger and maybe TVR now...

• Upvote 1

hawkinmontreal said on 1 minute ago:

As do many in the media world

Yeah, well the many in the media world can kiss the Blackhawk nation's collective azz! 

Why anyone would think this is the way a player like Hoss would actually want to go out is beyond me. It may be convenient but I seriously doubt it was the plan all along....

• Upvote 3

Imagine returning to pro hockey at 38 after 1 season off. If someone is able to do it, it's Hossa, but I don't see it happening. 

I love the guy, but my sensation is that it's a longterm path they set on with SB and were preparing the documentation accordingly. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you Big Hoss for all the great memories during your time with the Hawks.  You are a true class act!  Every time you took the ice you set an example for all of how the game, at it's best, should be played with class, dignity, heart, and hustle.  Best wishes to you and your family.  

• Upvote 4

vadarx said on 2 minutes ago:

Yeah, well the many in the media world can kiss the Blackhawk nation's collective azz! 

Why anyone would think this is the way a player like Hoss would actually want to go out is beyond me. It may be convenient but I seriously doubt it was the plan all along....

especially considering the year he just had.

• Upvote 4

blackhawks1978 said on Just now:

Thank you Big Hoss for all the great memories during your time with the Hawks.  You are a true class act!  Every time you took the ice you set an example for all of how the game, at it's best, should be played with class, dignity, heart, and hustle.  Best wishes to you and your family.  

never mind the $$....there*s a huge hole to fill now.

• Upvote 6

blackhawks1978 said on 1 minute ago:

This. Thanks for saying what I should've said in the first place! 

• Upvote 2

vadarx said on 14 minutes ago:

I'm sure a lot of people are going to find it "convenient" T, but that doesn't make it less true. Sounds like he has been dealing with it for years. I hope he takes a year or two off and then can come back for one last go around.

That being said, it certainly is gonna help the cap situation. I'd say it's around safe bet that no one is traded besides Kruger and maybe TVR now...

Either way dude, the loss of Hossa is a huge blow to this team if he does not have a replacement.

• Upvote 1

hawkinmontreal said on 25 minutes ago:

Either way dude, the loss of Hossa is a huge blow to this team if he does not have a replacement.

Not disagreeing with ya there. I'm just already annoyed with the soon to come accusations against a player that has been nothing but a class act his entire career. He deserves better.

Edited by vadarx
  • Upvote 3

they keep saying for the 17-18 season..

why not just say retiring due to this condition?

seems hes thinking of returning if they can get this under control IMO.

davebrau said on 5 hours ago:

they keep saying for the 17-18 season..

why not just say retiring due to this condition?

seems hes thinking of returning if they can get this under control IMO.

anythings possible.

but i*m very sad to say...if i was a betting man....

what a bad day this turned out to be.

• Upvote 1

vadarx said on 17 minutes ago:

Not disagreeing wother ya there. I'm just already annoyed with the soon to come accusations against a player that has been nothing but a class act his entire career. He deserves better.

100% agree

galaxytrash said on 5 hours ago:

anythings possible.

but i*m very sad to say...if i was a betting man....

what a bad day this turned out to be.

i agree.. no reason for him to put his health at risk anymore..

man, im super bummed..

bad enough we lose all these players due to the Cap, now this..

sigh.....

• Upvote 3