The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
galaxytrash

Hossa done?

iknowpuck said on 37 minutes ago:

^^^could the timing of Hossa announcing he is done playing for good be a step in his contract being dealt in the near future?  It would come without any expectations of him playing again, help an org get to the cap floor by 5 mil and only costing 1 mil in actual dollars.  The cap is going up and it’s going to make it more difficult/costly for some.  Hossa agrees to it to help the Hawks short term and then comes back in a coaching role.  

Win/win/win.

Too good to come true, IMO.

It could be, yes. Send a definitive message to the teams that need to get to the cap floor.

There's no doubt Hossa would agree and now, there's no doubt he'll be back in the organization. Definitely win/win, as long as we can move him without giving up a Schmaltz or other high sweetner, which Bowman has never really shown he's capable.

• Like 1

Granada said on 21 minutes ago:

It could be, yes. Send a definitive message to the teams that need to get to the cap floor.

There's no doubt Hossa would agree and now, there's no doubt he'll be back in the organization. Definitely win/win, as long as we can move him without giving up a Schmaltz or other high sweetner, which Bowman has never really shown he's capable.

if someone is just trying to get to the floor, he should be able to move him without any sweetener or at least nothing more than a lower round pick or a lesser prospect.

if he is gonna be on LTIR, we can just keep him so we kinda have leverage.

Edited by vadarx
  • Like 3

Hoss in the interview with slovak media confirmed that he will not play anymore, is moving permanently to Slovakia due to his daughter starting school in September and regarding his plans for the future he confirmed that he had a speech with FO about a position in the organization but that has to wait since he still has 3 years left on his contract. And he does not know what will happen with that contract. He mentioned that it may be traded. 

So that implies that he would waive his NMC. 

• Like 3

in actual interview Hoss has denied he's retiring, it was misunderstanding between him and media.It's logical bc everyone knows it would have bad consequences for the Hawks.  

Google translate of the article :   (PN=~LTIR)

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sk&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sk&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhokej.sk%2Fclanok%2F154392-marian-hossa-karieru-som-neukoncil-len-sa-vraciam-na-slovensko&edit-text=

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Like 1

Modry-Jazyk said on 1 hour ago:

in actual interview Hoss has denied he's retiring, it was misunderstanding between him and media.It's logical bc everyone knows it would have bad consequences for the Hawks.  

Google translate of the article :   (PN=~LTIR)

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sk&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sk&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhokej.sk%2Fclanok%2F154392-marian-hossa-karieru-som-neukoncil-len-sa-vraciam-na-slovensko&edit-text=

Yes -- it seems like he told the other interviewer he was all but retired, but he's clarifying (in this last interview) that he hasn't "officially" retired -- because as you say, it would hurt the Hawks. 

The Blackhawks have released the following statement on Hossa:

"Today is another example of the leadership Marian has displayed as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks organization. When we approached him to discuss the idea of him waiving his no-move clause to allow us to make this move, it became clear this was a difficult thing for him to consider. After the success he has had in a Blackhawks jersey, the friends he has made throughout the organization and the fact his heart will always be in Chicago, the thought of disassociating in any way from the team he has come to love was not something he really wanted to give any thought to at all. But, as the consummate team player, he did what he has always done. He did what the team needed him to do in order to succeed.

Marian's long-term contributions to the club will never be forgotten. His performance as a player was always appreciated, but, it is his special qualities as a teammate, a leader and a person, that will more than anything leave its mark on all of us who have come to love and respect the very humble way he goes about everything he does. He has shown us all the impact we can have on others if we conduct ourselves with character, integrity and utmost respect for all we come in contact with. We have had the pleasure of watching him hoist three Stanley Cups with our team and he will forever be connected to the Blackhawks. On behalf of the entire organization, we would like to thank Marian-a world-class player-for all he has done for the Chicago Blackhawks."

cut.jpg

• Like 7

This statement is spot on. Hossa is and was a class act. He's done everything this organization has asked him to do, and that includes going along with the "gunk" injury. Very few players actually put "team" before themselves, but Hossa was the exception.

• Like 5

Granada said on 34 minutes ago:

This statement is spot on. Hossa is and was a class act. He's done everything this organization has asked him to do, and that includes going along with the "gunk" injury. Very few players actually put "team" before themselves, but Hossa was the exception.

here here!

looking forward to the day (in about 3 years) when we can give Hoss a proper send off at the UC....

• Like 5

vadarx said on 4 minutes ago:

here here!

looking forward to the day (in about 3 years) when we can give Hoss a proper send off at the UC....

I'd like to see his "One More Shift" being him pickpocketing Toews for the hell of it :P

If he can wrench it away from Datsyuk....

LordKOTL said on 11 minutes ago:

I'd like to see his "One More Shift" being him pickpocketing Toews for the hell of it :P

If he can wrench it away from Datsyuk....

lol, that would be outstanding. 

Hossa, Kane, StanB, Konroyd, Foley and Murray talk about that special moment in 2010.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Like 3

I still remember the day he signed here...damn, what a ride it's been. Thanks for everything Hoss.

• Like 1

Drewsky said on 1 hour ago:

I still remember the day he signed here...damn, what a ride it's been. Thanks for everything Hoss.

Right? Hell I remember a contingent of posters on here that were furious that we signed him instead of keeping Havlat around, especially because of that shoulder injury he came with.

Hossa was a very special player. Lucky to have gotten to see him win thrice with us.

Drewsky said on 1 hour ago:

me too. I was driving around the 'burbs in metro Detroit, a few months before I was moving to Chicago. I knew once I heard it I was heading to the Windy City at just the right time for a 'hawks fan.

I also remember how angry some of the wangs fan were, but how the majority thought they had signed the right guy (Franzen) and good riddance to the guy that couldn't win the cup.... so awesome.....

fun story,  my first 'hawks TV broadcast and a resident of Chicago was Hoss's first game as a 'hawk..... I was then able to watch, for the first time in my life, every Blackhawks game that season. and by god I did. thank god for technology nowadays! 

Edited by vadarx

Hossa memories for me were his first game in San Jose scoring 2 goals, including I believe a shorty, his game five 1st round playoff game vs Nashville, first getting the 5 minute major that appeared to give Nashville the win, until the perfect centering pass from Martin Erat, who rather then wrap it around the boards puts it out in front and the Hawks were off to the races and tied the game with 13 seconds left in the 3rd. Then the 4 minutes of shorthanded play before Hossa could step back on the ice, Brent Sopel circling the Nashville zone and centering the puck to the oncoming Hossa, who scores the game winner in one of the greatest comeback games I've ever seen.Then watching Toews search him out to hand him the cup first after failing to achieve the ultimate goal with Pittsburgh or Detroit.  And after that season, as a member of the Standby club, I win an autographed Hossa jersey that I have only worn once, the game after Phoenix goon Torres knocked Hossa out of the playoffs and I wore Hossa's jersey in honor of what he had accomplished to that point with the Hawks. Had a chance to talk with him at one of the STH parties and was such a genuinely nice man. He was sorely missed last year, and will be missed for quite some time. Not sure the NHL will see the likes of a Marian Hossa again, he was something special and we as Hawks fans had the fortune to see him perform his magic game in and game out from 2009 thru 2017. His number should immediately be raised to the rafters, no one should ever wear #81 again!

• Like 5

Phill9 said on 6 hours ago:

Hossa memories for me were his first game in San Jose scoring 2 goals, including I believe a shorty, his game five 1st round playoff game vs Nashville, first getting the 5 minute major that appeared to give Nashville the win, until the perfect centering pass from Martin Erat, who rather then wrap it around the boards puts it out in front and the Hawks were off to the races and tied the game with 13 seconds left in the 3rd. Then the 4 minutes of shorthanded play before Hossa could step back on the ice, Brent Sopel circling the Nashville zone and centering the puck to the oncoming Hossa, who scores the game winner in one of the greatest comeback games I've ever seen.Then watching Toews search him out to hand him the cup first after failing to achieve the ultimate goal with Pittsburgh or Detroit.  And after that season, as a member of the Standby club, I win an autographed Hossa jersey that I have only worn once, the game after Phoenix goon Torres knocked Hossa out of the playoffs and I wore Hossa's jersey in honor of what he had accomplished to that point with the Hawks. Had a chance to talk with him at one of the STH parties and was such a genuinely nice man. He was sorely missed last year, and will be missed for quite some time. Not sure the NHL will see the likes of a Marian Hossa again, he was something special and we as Hawks fans had the fortune to see him perform his magic game in and game out from 2009 thru 2017. His number should immediately be raised to the rafters, no one should ever wear #81 again!

Perfectly stated sir. There will never be another Hoss.

marian-hossa-062117-getty-ftrjpeg_1twscz

• Like 1

Modry-Jazyk said on 14 hours ago:

Hossa, Kane, StanB, Konroyd, Foley and Murray talk about that special moment in 2010.

Gives me chills every time.

It was a great day for Chicago when Big Hoss signed here and he's one of my all time favorite Hawks,I'd like to see some love for our other recently retired three time cup winner too. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Edited by hsbob

hsbob said on 22 minutes ago:

It was a great day for Chicago when Big Hoss signed here and he's one of my all time favorite Hawks,I'd like to see some love for our other recently retired three time cup winner too. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Seabrook retired ????? :lol:

Creature1958 said on 29 minutes ago:

Seabrook retired ????? :lol:

Patrick Sharp is a LOT more than a punch-line to me my friend.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 16 minutes ago:

Patrick Sharp is a LOT more than a punch-line to me my friend.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Somebody needs a glass of Jack old grumpy pants.

Thought I'd make all the aardvarks who have been calling for him to be traded or retire day jeez won't start my sarcasm until after 10 am from now on.

• Like 1

Creature1958 said on 6 minutes ago:

Somebody needs a glass of Jack old grumpy pants.

Thought I'd make all the aardvarks who have been calling for him to be traded or retire day jeez won't start my sarcasm until after 10 am from now on.

Took you're advice(Beam in the coffee though)…..I'm a lot better now.

It does seem that the retirement of a three time cup winner who led the team in goals four different times should be more than a foot-note around here. Shooter played hard along the boards for an offensive player,was decent in his own end and played the game like a man when it came to the rough stuff when necessary and was the only three time winner who was already here when all the others arrived. His impact was massive IMO.

Cheers.....or should I say 'bottoms up'?

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 1

hsbob said on 1 minute ago:

Took you're advice(Beam in the coffee though)…..I'm a lot better now.

It does seem that the retirement of a three time cup winner who led the team in goals four different times should be more than a foot-note around here. Shooter played hard along the boards for an offensive player,was decent in his own end and played the game like a man when it came to the rough stuff when necessary and was the only three time winner who was already here when all the others arrived. His impact was massive IMO.

Cheers.....or should I say 'bottoms up'?

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

Hey I'm married and have a wife that reminds me everyday of Sharpie and how dreamy he still is and how he is the bestest player the Hawks ever had so it wasn't lost on me who you were talking about. I'm not sure but I think she has a Sharpie shrine hidden behind one of the walls in this house that she visits when I'm asleep. 

Creature1958 said on 1 hour ago:

Hey I'm married and have a wife that reminds me everyday of Sharpie and how dreamy he still is and how he is the bestest player the Hawks ever had so it wasn't lost on me who you were talking about. I'm not sure but I think she has a Sharpie shrine hidden behind one of the walls in this house that she visits when I'm asleep. 

You gotta agree he was more than a pretty face Creatch but it's looks like that's the most props he'll see I guess.

GO HAWKS!!!!!