The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

galaxytrash said on On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM:

bring back darcy rota so you'd have rota-rutta.

good one!

PuckProphet said on On 10/7/2017 at 12:30 PM:
weird
[wird]

ADJECTIVE
  1. suggesting something supernatural; uncanny:       Are the players and us fans...... is the city .....On a Mission From Stanley 
    "the weird crying of a seal"
    synonyms: uncanny · eerie · unnatural · supernatural · unearthly · otherworldly · 
NOUN
    a person's destiny. .....        Is this another written in the stars, best team yet moment in time, Just at Game 2 
VERB
    induce a sense of disbelief or alienation in someone....... It is scary how good they can be ... odd how a switch got flipped .......Weird is the right word 

• Like 1

Well, GT bumped Forsling and rightfully so.  I'm bumping Rutta into the mix of active threads.  Really like him and like his upside!

What does he sign for?  Of course he gets a NMC for all you SB critics!

iknowpuck said on 10 minutes ago:

Give credit where credit is due...nice find and sign by SB...now lock him up.

I agree but I hope Stan doesn't do what he normally does and offer him more than what he's worth for long term with a NMC.

3mill a year for 3yrs would be a good contract, he'll be 30 after that and we'll see how he's doing then, but Stan will probably offer 5+mill for 5+yrs.

Edited by OldTimeHawky

OldTimeHawky said on 20 minutes ago:

I agree but I hope Stan doesn't do what he normally does and offer him more than what he's worth for long term with a NMC.

3mill a year for 3yrs would be a good contract, he'll be 30 after that and we'll see how he's doing then, but Stan will probably offer 5+mill for 5+yrs.

No chance 5 for 5.

I was attributing  Rutta's  hassles to the fact the last 3 years he played 140 pro games  The season was i think 48 games in his previous league ....However i got into a conversation with a college scout ....His opinion was Rutta is not adjusting well in terms of where to be who to guard ......Many times (enough so i remember enough instances to agree) Rutta seems to be searching for spots or who to cover ....while its admirable he is trying if he is in the wrong spot its too late before the start....The gentleman based his assessments on a blue line in system for ranking defensemen .....While Rutta ranked a c- or a d .....the whole defense is a train wreck says Rosy comes out of the press box ......

i read on twitter some hot chick saying if you are a blackhawks fan its a deal breaker .....while i am the last person to give relationship advice ....we try to hide it we are all a bit raw......

still the assessment seems valid when Rutta does that crazy standing still 360 he is panicking for who to pick up ....I always liked Rutta i think he is polished meaning .......

well say you are taking a driving test  points for seat belt  mirrors proper lane change ....Rutta translates defensive driving to Hockey ....48 game mark is approaching fast  48 that were spread over months .....

still even the people who are paid professionally in some capacity  are all over the map on the Hawks ...what do you want a stay at home steady eddie or a d man that shoots first than asks ....(thats Modry's) 

• Like 1

PuckProphet said on 59 minutes ago:

I was attributing  Rutta's  hassles to the fact the last 3 years he played 140 pro games  The season was i think 48 games in his previous league ....However i got into a conversation with a college scout ....His opinion was Rutta is not adjusting well in terms of where to be who to guard ......Many times (enough so i remember enough instances to agree) Rutta seems to be searching for spots or who to cover ....while its admirable he is trying if he is in the wrong spot its too late before the start....The gentleman based his assessments on a blue line in system for ranking defensemen .....While Rutta ranked a c- or a d .....the whole defense is a train wreck says Rosy comes out of the press box ......

i read on twitter some hot chick saying if you are a blackhawks fan its a deal breaker .....while i am the last person to give relationship advice ....we try to hide it we are all a bit raw......

still the assessment seems valid when Rutta does that crazy standing still 360 he is panicking for who to pick up ....I always liked Rutta i think he is polished meaning .......

well say you are taking a driving test  points for seat belt  mirrors proper lane change ....Rutta translates defensive driving to Hockey ....48 game mark is approaching fast  48 that were spread over months .....

still even the people who are paid professionally in some capacity  are all over the map on the Hawks ...what do you want a stay at home steady eddie or a d man that shoots first than asks ....(thats Modry's) 

So, no 5 for 5 for you either?  Not sure.

iknowpuck said on 51 minutes ago:

So, no 5 for 5 for you either?  Not sure.

I don’t know if he’ll get that, but a 5 year 20 million deal is possible,  y then he’ll be 31 and may not be needed. Remember, Rutta is a UFA, and not an RFA, he holds the winning cards here!!!

• Like 1

Big-T said on On 12/7/2017 at 6:10 PM:

I don’t know if he’ll get that, but a 5 year 20 million deal is possible,  y then he’ll be 31 and may not be needed. Remember, Rutta is a UFA, and not an RFA, he holds the winning cards here!!!

The flipside is that we have Snuggie waiting.

Being the cynical bastage that I am, I figure the Slot-3 D-man (ion terms of cost) is already here...Murph.  So unless Murph is moved I don't think the team can afford Rutta at 4M.  We have Forsling on the cheap, and we also have Osterle.  Both of whom are on cost controlled contracts (I figure Franson is gone). 

By my count that leaves Keith+Seabs (not going anywhere barring a compliance buyout coming out of nowhere), Forsling, & Osterle, coupled with Snuggie in Rockford, Plus Murph, plus our other prospects, plus the off chance that The Joker goes from Portland to Chicago without Rockford in between.

I think that with Kempny and Rutta both being up for UFA there's an out.  I think 3M's the limit on Rutta before either Stan trades him away (tries to pull a Darling), or lets him walk...unless Murph is moved.  Barring that I think 2yrs/2-3M is probably what he'd fetch here.

If we move Murph it's possible for a 20 for 5, but unfortunately for the 'hawks the only pieces that are up are the cheap ones--the expensive core pieces are locked in and as I mentioned in another thread, that 5M might be eaten up with cap inflation quite quickly.

Edited by LordKOTL
  • Like 1

Maybe we'll see how much Rutta will be missed after all after leaving this game. Maybe carrying 8 defensemen makes sense for the first time this season.

Hawks recall Pokka since Franson is placed on IR.

How about let Kempny PLAY instead of sitting?

Either play the guy or send him to Rockford to get ice time.

He is not going to get better sitting out games.

• Like 1

t-man2010 said on 21 minutes ago:

Hawks recall Pokka since Franson is placed on IR.

How about let Kempny PLAY instead of sitting?

Either play the guy or send him to Rockford to get ice time.

He is not going to get better sitting out games.

Polka plays the right side I guess and Q doesn’t want to move Murphy back to his natural side now? Maybe it’s a showcase move, beats me but I don’t understand the Kempny situation either. Or maybe he’s just a spare cog right now. I don’t know Rutta’s situation, is he good to go?

Edited by tincup61

tincup61 said on 4 hours ago:

Maybe it’s a showcase move, beats me but I don’t understand the Kempny situation either.I don’t know Rutta’s situation, is he good to go?

i don't get the kempny thing either.

Edited by galaxytrash

galaxytrash said on 2 hours ago:

i don't get the kempny thing either.

Good to see you on the boards, GT.  A lot of us have been concerned as you haven't been posting on the game-day threads lately.  Hope all is well with you.

• Like 1