The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Modry-Jazyk said on Just now:

no, I can see Kruger + 4th or something for random UFA who will be not extended.

well.....aren*t you a shining ray of sunshine today?

:P

galaxytrash said on 4 minutes ago:

well.....aren*t you a shining ray of sunshine today?

:P

haha, but this isnt any news that Krugs is overpaid a bit for his role and production.So you cant expect to GET something for him but you will have to GIVE someting with him..

Modry-Jazyk said on 1 minute ago:

haha, but this isnt any news that Krugs is overpaid a bit for his role and production.So you cant expect to GET something for him but you will have to GIVE someting with him..

yeah....no news. but he isn*t overpaid by much.

anyways....

so i go back to my original comment.

trade him for a pick if vegas doesn*t fancy him.

Modry-Jazyk said on 6 hours ago:

IMO Krugs trade value is negative because of big cap hit.If it's true, then it'd be better let Vegas take Kruger instead of trade him.

His cap hit is only high to the Hawks. Lots of teams have the extra space. Yes u can't always look at things from the Hawks point of view. I've heard this week that the Leaves and now I'm hearing the Habs have to interest!!!

Big-T said on 33 minutes ago:

His cap hit is only high to the Hawks. Lots of teams have the extra space. Yes u can't always look at things from the Hawks point of view. I've heard this week that the Leaves and now I'm hearing the Habs have to interest!!!

hm, this could be true .... now the question is, who would be preferred choice for Vegas, Kruger or TVR ? If Kruger, then Hawks can keep both, use unprotected Kruger as cover and so save TVR for Hawks.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 44 minutes ago:

hm, this could be true .... now the question is, who would be preferred choice for Vegas, Kruger or TVR ? If Kruger, then Hawks can keep both, use unprotected Kruger as cover and so save TVR for Hawks.

Maybe, that's also a possibility, I've heard that the Leaves have interest in Kruger, and possibly the Habs. I'm sure there's a few more in there, he won't bring much back and I'm sure that's why teams want him. Either Kruger or Boyle, Kruger has won 2 Cups, and Boyle is Boyle. I think young teams like the Leaves are looking for not to old guys like Kruger with tons of playoff experience!!!

OldTimeHawky said on 16 hours ago:

If Campbell isn't back for another year he should take his spot and have him and Kempny as the 5-6. 

TVR will probably be gone, hopefully Pokka is ready to make the jump, I'd pair him with Hjalmarsson or Keith, that way all 3 pairs have a right and left hand shot. Plus all 3 righties are over 200lbs, it's been a while since they had 3 guys over 200lbs back there.

And I agree MJ, Campbell would probably retire if he doesn't play 60+gms. 

I'm not necessarily advocating this, but I can see Bowman bringing one of Campbell/Oduya back. Whoever wants to play for no more than one million and little to no bonuses attached. That, or pick up another veteran D-man on the open market for cheap. I'm just guessing. Like T said, I think TVR is the one gone and you have Kempny, Rutta, Forsling as the swing men.

Do you think Pokka will see more time than Forsling next season?

• Upvote 1

Granada said on 9 hours ago:

I'm not necessarily advocating this, but I can see Bowman bringing one of Campbell/Oduya back. Whoever wants to play for no more than one million and little to no bonuses attached. That, or pick up another veteran D-man on the open market for cheap. I'm just guessing. Like T said, I think TVR is the one gone and you have Kempny, Rutta, Forsling as the swing men.

Do you think Pokka will see more time than Forsling next season?

If Rosi retires in July, I could see that, but it would have to be with ZERO bonuses attached. 

AcesandEights said on On Sat May 27 2017 at 11:58 AM:

Stan needs to sign Rutta so Kempny will have a Czechmate.

Much better then Rosie, I mentioned in the Kempny thread that his signing will help get Rutta over here. Kempny and Rutta played together for the Czech republic so there's chemistry there.

I watched some videos on Rutta and for a big guy he moves really well and he's a smart player, especially on offense. He has a hard accurate shot and knows when to jump in the play.

Edited by OldTimeHawky

vadarx said on On 5/26/2017 at 6:27 PM:

If Rosi retires in July, I could see that, but it would have to be with ZERO bonuses attached. 

I think Rosi is already re-signed for next year (as is Tootoo, but I digress).

OldTimeHawky said on On 5/27/2017 at 2:47 PM:

Much better then Rosie, I mentioned in the Kempny thread that his signing will help get Rutta over here. Kempny and Rutta played together for the Czech republic so there's chemistry there.

I watched some videos on Rutta and for a big guy he moves really good and he's a smart player, especially on offense. He has a hard accurate shot and knows when to jump in the play.

Perhaps. But that still seems a bit odd to me: signing a sub-par player simply to better your chances of nabbing a European player who may or may not assimilate to the NHL game; who you still might not even get. Seems like a waste of money and a lot of risk. Both of these players seem redundant anyway. I almost think that the Hawks feel like they already know they lost out on Rutta, so they just re-signed Kempy again.

Granada said on 1 hour ago:

I think Rosi is already re-signed for next year (as is Tootoo, but I digress).

He is, but that doesn't mean he can't retire after the expansion draft. I have a small hope that this was the plan all along and he will be rewarded with a spot in the organization. 

• Upvote 2

According to Andy Strickland, Hawks are very close. Still not completely final though.

With the rumors with TVR now out in the open, guess we now know who Rutta would be replacing:

Andy StricklandVerified account @andystrickland
Hearing #Czech Dman Jan Rutta is strongly leaning towards signing with the Chicago #Blackhawks...has been chased my multiple teams #NHL
  • Upvote 1

why you still care about #8 dman who plays 20 games in the season, reimaining 60 games he sits in the pressbox and eats hot-dogs ? NO ONE else younger or better would take this job and of course not Rutta who got offers from multiple teams.Also why would Rozsi retire if he can (mostly) sit and watch his fav. team play hockey and this for 650K ?

1st  keith-hammer

2nd kempny-seabrook

3rd campbell-rutta/someone

backup #7-8 : forsling, gustafsson ...

veteran presence and insurance #8-9 : rozsival

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 10 hours ago:

why you still care about #8 dman who plays 20 games in the season, reimaining 60 games he sits in the pressbox and eats hot-dogs ? NO ONE else younger or better would take this job and of course not Rutta who got offers from multiple teams.Also why would Rozsi retire if he can (mostly) sit and watch his fav. team play hockey and this for 650K ?

1st  keith-hammer

2nd kempny-seabrook

3rd campbell-rutta/someone

backup #7-8 : forsling, gustafsson ...

veteran presence and insurance #8-9 : rozsival

I'd rather have that money go toward other players. And I'd rather see him play 0 games. 

• Upvote 2

vadarx said on 7 hours ago:

I'd rather have that money go toward other players. And I'd rather see him play 0 games. 

well yes but Q wants 8x dman (and 13x forward) in the active roster, so it has to be someone very cheap who doesn't need play too often ... you can't simply remove a player from the roster and move all his money to someone else, you can only replace one player with other player.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 2 hours ago:

well yes but Q wants 8x dman (and 13x forward) in the active roster, so it has to be someone very cheap who doesn't need play too often ... you can't simply remove a player from the roster and move all his money to someone else, you can only replace one player with other player.

I'd rather replace him with another forward. We did fine before without 8 d on the roster. It's unnecessary. He is a waste of money. I'd rather have 14 forwards and rotate them. And by them, I mean a bunch of youngsters. 

• Upvote 1

vadarx said on 16 minutes ago:

I'd rather replace him with another forward. We did fine before without 8 d on the roster. It's unnecessary. He is a waste of money. I'd rather have 14 forwards and rotate them. And by them, I mean a bunch of youngsters. 

same problem with 14 forwards instead of 8 dman, one of these forwards would sit in the pressbox most of the season like Rozsival did.Doesn't matter if you have surplus of 2 dman or 2 forwards, one of them won't play much becasue you have to scratch total 3 players in every game.Who would you let sit in the pressbox 60 games instead of Rozsival ? A young guy who needs play as much as possible ?

For these young players is better to be F#12-13 or D#6-7 than take  Rozsival's last spot in the pressbox, they can play in RF and can be called up anytime.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

remember if the cap does not move much, SB may have to trade hammer to shed his $4m  semi-NTC would make him easier to move so Rutta may be a key cog in getting cap compliant

Edited by damondog

damondog said on 9 minutes ago:

remember if the cap does not move much, SB may have to trade hammer to shed his $4m  semi-NTC would make him easier to move so Rutta may be a key cog in getting cap compliant

I know anything can happen, but with expansion, newer tv deals, and the NHLPA always has that 5% cap escalator they can vote for, I don't see how it's not going up. But it has happened before and our Hawks have stood there with their pockets inside out. We'll see soon what happens. I believe they make the cap number official next week after the finals, and the finals have gotten very strong ratings so far!!!

• Upvote 1

vadarx said on On 6/2/2017 at 6:02 AM:

I agree with this position, wholeheartedly.

The entire point of the regular season (as Nashville demonstrated this year and LA did in other years) is to set the team up for a long playoff run.   Where a team finishes in the regular season obviously matters little.   The idea is to get in.

Smart organizations experiment with their prospects during the regular season to find out who would be useful when the playoffs start.  

After losing the first game against Nashville this spring, the coach felt he needed more speed in his lineup.  

He turned to Hinostroza.  

The player had been in the AHL most of the final two months of the season because Bowman had kept three useless veterans (Rozsival, Tootoo and Desjardins) on the roster.

Is this smart asset management?

• Upvote 2

Modry-Jazyk said on On 6/2/2017 at 3:09 AM:

same problem with 14 forwards instead of 8 dman, one of these forwards would sit in the pressbox most of the season like Rozsival did.Doesn't matter if you have surplus of 2 dman or 2 forwards, one of them won't play much becasue you have to scratch total 3 players in every game.Who would you let sit in the pressbox 60 games instead of Rozsival ? A young guy who needs play as much as possible ?

For these young players is better to be F#12-13 or D#6-7 than take  Rozsival's last spot in the pressbox, they can play in RF and can be called up anytime.

There's always gonna be players in the pressbox unless you don't have a full roster. But you can rotate those guys. Rosival is just gonna sit there 3/4 of the season. And, like I said, I would rather give that money to a younger player. He should have retired after 2015.

• Upvote 1