The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Scott Powers reported that Stan is trying to sign another Czech D for the second year in a row and they're the front runners to get him.

Jan played with Kempny before so that should help sway him to sign with the Hawks. He's 26 and a 6'3" 210lb rightie and know as an offensive dman. Get it done Stan.

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Upvote 1

He'll be 27 at the start of next s season, which leaves not much if any development time. We can't waste years on guys like this. Stans gonna have to start drafting the best Dman available for the next couple of drafts. I'd love to see Stan somehow move up in the draft and grab Timothy Liljegren. I think that kid is gonna be sweet!!!

Big-T said on 36 minutes ago:

He'll be 27 at the start of next s season, which leaves not much if any development time. We can't waste years on guys like this. Stans gonna have to start drafting the best Dman available for the next couple of drafts. I'd love to see Stan somehow move up in the draft and grab Timothy Liljegren. I think that kid is gonna be sweet!!!

True but at least he'll be ready sooner then a young drafted player and if it meant Rosie is done I'm all for it. 

I agree about drafting D but they have drafted some good dmen, Snuggerud, Tuulola, Dahlstrom, Carlsson, Shea, Norell, and Gilbert. But it's been a while since they picked a dman with their highest pick, could be this year.

• Upvote 2

OldTimeHawky said on 8 hours ago:

True but at least he'll be ready sooner then a young drafted player and if it meant Rosie is done I'm all for it. 

I agree about drafting D but they have drafted some good dmen, Snuggerud, Tuulola, Dahlstrom, Carlsson, Shea, Norell, and Gilbert. But it's been a while since they picked a dman with their highest pick, could be this year.

If he's ready sooner, than yes, that's a good pick up, if not, I'm not sure there's much time to wait on a guy who probably will never go to the farm. I agree, Hawks need Dmen with their picks. It's been far and few between. None of the last wave of dmen seemed to stick, and none of the ones we have now aren't looking all that promising. So I think it's safe to say we need a couple higher picks for dmen!!!

Big-T said on 7 minutes ago:

If he's ready sooner, than yes, that's a good pick up, if not, I'm not sure there's much time to wait on a guy who probably will never go to the farm. I agree, Hawks need Dmen with their picks. It's been far and few between. None of the last wave of dmen seemed to stick, and none of the ones we have now aren't looking all that promising. So I think it's safe to say we need a couple higher picks for dmen!!!

we will need a few *bargains* this season.

stan is doing what he has to do.

Related image

• Upvote 1

Every mock draft I have seen this far has the 'hawks taking a defenseman. Not exactly a hard prediction, though.... 

vadarx said on 1 hour ago:

Every mock draft I have seen this far has the 'hawks taking a defenseman. Not exactly a hard prediction, though.... 

Nope, but the chances of getting an NHL-ready d-man at the 'hawks pick who can come in is going to be minute.

As a future move--definitely.  As the saviour for next season?  Doubtful.

LordKOTL said on 3 hours ago:

Nope, but the chances of getting an NHL-ready d-man at the 'hawks pick who can come in is going to be minute.

But, he may be the somewhat NHL ready d-man that can't be drafted this year even with the top pick...and better than those in the system.

He has to be better than both of what those options can deliver.

Has to be.

Kemp 2.0.

LordKOTL said on 4 hours ago:

I'm very iffy on any 18 year old making the Hawks at this point. But take a Dman, the best available, then groom the kid properly. If it takes 2 year, 3, 4 etc. It doesn't matter. What matters is to get the pipeline running again. We need to get good quality young kids and secure them properly. The same way the Oilers signed Klefbom. Avoid the bridge deals and sign them long term to cheaper for the long term. Klefbom signed for 4 and change for 8 years. That deal is already a bargain, and will only get better as time goes on. We need to do the same!!!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 12 hours ago:

I'm very iffy on any 18 year old making the Hawks at this point. But take a Dman, the best available, then groom the kid properly. If it takes 2 year, 3, 4 etc. It doesn't matter. What matters is to get the pipeline running again. We need to get good quality young kids and secure them properly. The same way the Oilers signed Klefbom. Avoid the bridge deals and sign them long term to cheaper for the long term. Klefbom signed for 4 and change for 8 years. That deal is already a bargain, and will only get better as time goes on. We need to do the same!!!

I think that was the point I was driving at :)

OldTimeHawky said on On 24. 5. 2017 at 5:09 AM:

so you actually want more talented and more expensive dman in his prime play only 22 games and for rest of the season let him sit in the pressbox and eat hot dogs as #8 Dman ? Because that's exactly Rozsi's spot and role in the past season.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 3 minutes ago:

so you actually want talented dman in his prime play 22 games and for rest of the season sit in the pressbox as #8 Dman ? Because that's exactly Rozsi's spot and role now.

I think Rosie is way past his prime.

LordKOTL said on 2 minutes ago:

I think Rosie is way past his prime.

I was talking about (any) possible Rozsi's replacement OldTimeHawky is asking for.Read what I quoted in my post again  : )

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on Just now:

I was talking about possible Rozsi's replacement OldTimeHawky is asking for.Read what I quoted in my post again  : )

Ah...gotcha...makes sense now :)  my bad.

:) ppl who asking remove Rozsi for someone else dont realize, what is his role in the team, that Rozsi in not normal dman, but good old guy sitting 60 of 82 games in the pressbox, you can't, you don't want replace him with better/younger/more expensive dman.It would be nonsense.

Modry-Jazyk said on 5 minutes ago:

:) ppl who asking remove Rozsi for someone else dont realize, what is his role in the team, that Rozsi in not normal dman, but good old guy sitting 60 of 82 games in the pressbox, you can't, you don't want replace him with better/younger/more expensive dman.It would be nonsense.

I'd rather have Campbell in that position and I never said play Rutta in Rosies spot, as you said it's non productive playing a younger guy in the 7-8 spot. 

OldTimeHawky said on 9 minutes ago:

I'd rather have Campbell in that position and I never said play Rutta in Rosies spot, as you said it's non productive playing a younger guy in the 7-8 spot. 

yeh, but guy like Cambpell will rather retiree than sit in the pressbox 60 games in the season for 600K..... Also I would like him as #7 dman, swapping him with some kid like Forsling game to game.

Modry-Jazyk said on 30 minutes ago:

So then, who does Rutta replace instead? Your boy Kempny?

Granada said on 5 hours ago:

So then, who does Rutta replace instead? Your boy Kempny?

If Campbell isn't back for another year he should take his spot and have him and Kempny as the 5-6. 

TVR will probably be gone, hopefully Pokka is ready to make the jump, I'd pair him with Hjalmarsson or Keith, that way all 3 pairs have a right and left hand shot. Plus all 3 righties are over 200lbs, it's been a while since they had 3 guys over 200lbs back there.

And I agree MJ, Campbell would probably retire if he doesn't play 60+gms. 

My guess is, if this feller is signed, TVR is probably gonna get traded. We hav Roszy, Tootoo, Yurcho, and Hartman will be protected. I feel Kruger will be a Leaf or a Hab before the draft. And TVR is probably going with him. I think the return will be a 3-4 round pick for both!!!

Big-T said on 4 hours ago:

My guess is, if this feller is signed, TVR is probably gonna get traded. We hav Roszy, Tootoo, Yurcho, and Hartman will be protected. I feel Kruger will be a Leaf or a Hab before the draft. And TVR is probably going with him. I think the return will be a 3-4 round pick for both!!!

IMO Krugs trade value is negative because of big cap hit.If it's true, then it'd be better let Vegas take Kruger instead of trade him.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 2 minutes ago:

IMO Krugs trade value is negative because of big cap hit.If it's true, then it'd be better let Vegas take Kruger instead of trade him.

you could trade him for picks.

galaxytrash said on Just now:

you could trade him for picks.

I meant negative value like Bickell, so Hawks would have to add some picks to get rid of his cap.

Modry-Jazyk said on Just now:

I meant negative value like Bickell, so Hawks would have to add some picks to get rid of his cap.

you couldn*t see kruger for a 4th...or a fifth?

galaxytrash said on 2 minutes ago:

you couldn*t see kruger for a 4th...or a fifth?

no, I can see Kruger + 4th or something for random UFA who will be not extended.