Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackhawk1961

Ticket Prices

10 posts in this topic

Excuse me for my rant....................

I've seen fans say "I don't mind the price increase because the team has been winning." At what point do the highest ticket prices in the league justify this team. "Our team has won three Stanley Cups."

I get all that. When this team is hovering the bottom of the League, do you think the Wirtz will lower ticket prices? The Blackhawks will have the highest prices in the league and fans will complain about ticket prices. If you think John McD will lower prices to reflect team performance, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn!

Why would they lower ticket prices to reflect team performance?

Are you under the impression that the people that run the Blackhawks are complete morons?

Puckjim said on 45 minutes ago:

Why would they lower ticket prices to reflect team performance?

Are you under the impression that the people that run the Blackhawks are complete morons?

Most likely follow the typical cycle where when the demand drops the price increase level will eventually drop.    Business 101.

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 8 minutes ago:

Most likely follow the typical cycle where when the demand drops the price increase level will eventually drop.    Business 101.

Exactly, and with a large waiting list for season tickets, along with relatively few individual game tickets available, the prices won't drop during the Kane/Toews era.

I agree that the that demand won't drop while the Toews Kane era is here. What happens then? There will come a day when they won't be lacing up their skates and we are back to bottom of the Central. We have the highest prices and no fans. Do we complain about the rising cost of tickets then or while they are raising the prices?

blackhawk1961 said on 20 minutes ago:

I agree that the that demand won't drop while the Toews Kane era is here. What happens then? There will come a day when they won't be lacing up their skates and we are back to bottom of the Central. We have the highest prices and no fans. Do we complain about the rising cost of tickets then or while they are raising the prices?

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 4 hours ago:

MapleLeaf89 said on 29 minutes ago:

This question is more intriguing after the sweep. Who plans on renewing their seats?

Had to put down down payment before the series was over.

And I renewed as I still believe.   Just I believed in upgrading my seats in 2005 after seeing some early signs of where these team was heading.....though I was wrong at that time in thinking that the Hawks would make enough progress to make the finals in 2008

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 3 hours ago:

And I renewed as I still believe.   Just I believed in upgrading my seats in 2005 after seeing some early signs of where these team was heading.....though I was wrong at that time in thinking that the Hawks would make enough progress to make the finals in 2008

I wish I could plus you a 100 times....