Biscuit_In_The_Basket

04/20/2017 CDQF Blackhawks vs Preds Game 4 GDT

695 posts in this topic

Thanks, Biscuit!  :)

I really do believe this game is a must win.  Yep, I really do think so.

Madrose said on 30 minutes ago:

Thanks, Biscuit!  :)

I really do believe this game is a must win.  Yep, I really do think so.

Yes, if they don't win, I don't care what anyone else says, they are done for these playoffs. :P

um, the game is tomorrow night, yes?

opps, i see you put the date up there now..

and ya MR, i think it is must win....  maybe..  :)

Edited by davebrau

It's only must win if they want it to be. Losing two games at home with no care in the world, usually tells you something. They tried last game, but the team has way too many new faces and the "switch" is not there like it used to be. Unfortunately, they're gonna have to try hard from the drop of the puck in game one. As of right now, it's very hard to argue that this team is built for a long playoff run. Even next year, what changes? If they don't have the will to win now, they'll never get it. So let's hope that if they go out, they go out swinging, kickin and screaming. GOOOOO HAWKS!!!

davebrau said on 2 hours ago:

um, the game is tomorrow night, yes?

opps, i see you put the date up there now..

and ya MR, i think it is must win....  maybe..  :)

It is, but I am that excited about the game!

I am guessing that there will be line up changes ( call ups ) , maybe Kempny too -  Hayden , who knows.

I'd really like to see some strategy first before player changes , as all it does is mess up the chemistry .

For example

Rinne , has got to all the dump ins - how about dumping it in off the glass, or diagonal shoot ins

Preds gaining the zone too easily  - stand up more at the blueline

Cut the fancy stuff and don't look for the pretty play SHOOT !

Might see some differnet D paring

pairings: Keith-Hjalmarsson Kempny-Seabrook Campbell-van Riemsdyk Oduya-Forsling

cheers biscuit.

and congrats on the *firsties* ms. madrose.....and thanks for your astute comment.  :)

one win at a time.

!!!!!!!    GO HAWKS    !!!!!!!

edit: game 5 on NBC.                                   

Edited by galaxytrash

One game at a time....

MapleLeaf89 said on 3 hours ago:

Will Campbell be back next season? Haven't seen his contract details.

it was a one year deal he signed.

he will be 38 in may.

i got a feeling he will retire but if he decides to play another year i think the hawks would have him.

jmo.

insufficientfunds said on 9 hours ago:

I am guessing that there will be line up changes ( call ups ) , maybe Kempny too -  Hayden , who knows.

I'd really like to see some strategy first before player changes , as all it does is mess up the chemistry .

For example

Rinne , has got to all the dump ins - how about dumping it in off the glass, or diagonal shoot ins

Preds gaining the zone too easily  - stand up more at the blueline

Cut the fancy stuff and don't look for the pretty play SHOOT !

agree agree agree

ive been screaming for this since game 1! 

Q and his crew are getting thoroughly outcoached this series, time to turn that around!

and if the Captain doesnt show up again tonight, i believe he is hurt...

Lets Go Hawks!!!!

1Shot1Goal said on 10 hours ago:

Might see some differnet D paring

pairings: Keith-Hjalmarsson Kempny-Seabrook Campbell-van Riemsdyk Oduya-Forsling

Kempny being in scares the zit out of me from a defensive standpoint, but then again, he really has been the only D-man who has been able to get his shots through from the point in the attack zone; so I suppose it makes sense from an offensive standpoint and in the sense that, between the zitty play of Campbell & Oduya, you may as well try to inject some offense.

I don't really know what to say about this game: chip away, game at a time, etc. I'm just hoping the Hawks can save face, play physical, and make this a series. Nashville is good -- hell, they're better than a lot of us thought, it's safe to say -- but they're not as good as the Hawks are making them look.

GigECJ said on 16 hours ago:

Yes, if they don't win, I don't care what anyone else says, they are done for these playoffs. :P

That's ridiculous.   Sometimes the team that causes you the most problems happens to come in the first round.    Overcome that obstacle and things get easier.   The preds coaching staff is winning this series, they have put together a game plan thats debilitating the hawks.  I'm still waiting for coach Q to make adjustments......   yawn.  

One shift, one period, one game at a time thats all we Hawks fans can wish for.

Go Hawks Go!!!

I want a win badly...I'm just not getting that vibe off the core.

I hope to hell I'm wrong...I don't want to shave yet!

LordKOTL said on 7 minutes ago:

I want a win badly...I'm just not getting that vibe off the core.

I hope to hell I'm wrong...I don't want to shave yet!

i still cant figure out what is going on with this team..  ive seen nothing like this the last 8 or 9 years

just cant wrap my head around it..  hoping for a spark tonight for sure..

I agree, I'd rather be wrong, but their body language tells the tale. I haven't seen one Hawks player show the emotions of the playoffs. They almost have a relieved look when they get scored on. Nows the time!!!

GigECJ said on 17 hours ago:

gosh... you're soooo negative!

FearTheFeather said on 56 minutes ago:

That's ridiculous.   Sometimes the team that causes you the most problems happens to come in the first round.    Overcome that obstacle and things get easier.   The preds coaching staff is winning this series, they have put together a game plan thats debilitating the hawks.  I'm still waiting for coach Q to make adjustments......   yawn.  

Excuse me.  I say what most individuals would deem an obvious joke since there are no further playoff games if they lose tonight and you post this.  I even added a tongue-in-cheek emoticon to make certain it was understood (which I often don't do as I find it reduces the sarcasm).

I'm frankly dumbfounded by your post.

P.S. At least three individuals "got it" as I received three rep points.  Go back to bed.

Edited by GigECJ

Big-T said on 14 minutes ago:

I agree, I'd rather be wrong, but their body language tells the tale. I haven't seen one Hawks player show the emotions of the playoffs. They almost have a relieved look when they get scored on. Nows the time!!!

i blame my brother, hes been to reg season games, but never a playoff game, so i said this year bro, its way more intense, crazy fun..

so i took him to game 1..  :/   felt like a regular season or preseason game..   wtf?

something going on behind the scenes me thinks..

like you, i hope im wrong, if not, we need to bring Shaw back! 

HawkMod said on 4 minutes ago:

gosh... you're soooo negative!

Now, YOU get it.

:lol: