The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
BlackhawkPaul

Blackhawks Photos

Damnit...i wish you could hover and get the EXIF info.

Cell shots or something with more HP?  Great Images, BTW for both!

that freshly zambonied ice definitely has an amazing reflective quality about it...at least in that photo.

well done.

Edited by galaxytrash

why don*t you just comment on it instead of giving it the obvious bump?

surely you can think of something nice to say about the picture? 

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Upvote 1

i had to check the year he came our way.

i could've sworn i was 11 or 12 but i was 16 when we signed orr. i think it was my unbridled hope and enthusiasm that made me think i was younger at the time. i knew his knees were shot but i still had this hope that the problem would just go away.

i've seen a lot of good players retire as life long blackhawks but when orr decided to shut it down...i think that filled me with the most sorrow. i had such high hopes.

anyways...i'm sure many here have seen this photo. i thought it was worth another look.

galaxytrash said on On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM:

i had to check the year he came our way.

i could've sworn i was 11 or 12 but i was 16 when we signed orr. i think it was my unbridled hope and enthusiasm that made me think i was younger at the time. i knew his knees were shot but i still had this hope that the problem would just go away.

i've seen a lot of good players retire as life long blackhawks but when orr decided to shut it down...i think that filled me with the most sorrow. i had such high hopes.

anyways...i'm sure many here have seen this photo. i thought it was worth another look.

Thinking back to the bicentennial summer of '76',I still recall the Hawks signing the great Bobby Orr even though he was coming off the sixth(I believe) knee operation of his career. Marcel Dione was also available that summer and re-signed with LA for about what the Hawks paid Orr but the Hawk Org. decided the HOF defenseman would be the bigger draw.

Orr played 26 games for Chicago over two seasons and Dione went on to score 700+ and Bobby Hull was off skatin' for the Jets...........please spare me the 'good old days' stuff(not you gt),they weren't any good at all!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Edited by hsbob
  • Like 1

Cool thread!  I didn't know where to post a link to some artwork I made that people might like so I'll do it here because the other threads were already archived.  Hope people enjoy them and also they can order printed images on all sorts of objects if they like anything.  https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/jr-sabey-jr.html

Blackhawks collage by John Sabey Jr

Edited by JRSabey
  • Like 2

BlackhawkPaul said on On 4/10/2017 at 3:14 PM:

Over the next few thousand years or so, I will try to upload random shots I have taken over the years.

Breadman.jpg

This really is a heck of a photo shot from the 9th row in the 3rd bowl at the UC...  Wonder if we will ever see the Breadman in the Hawks sweater again?