Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madrose

4/08 Hawks vs Kings

212 posts in this topic

tincup61 said on 4 hours ago:

Hayden is a strong guy, a little development and he might really become something.

needs more speed and not hold back sometimes on his checks....he is making contact

but a step or 2 short yet...

MBFinGoal said on On 4/9/2017 at 0:09 PM:

4 on 4 would be fine. 3 on 3 is too wide open and favors the brute force teams over the finesse ones. You really enjoy losing in 30 seconds after playing a team even for 60 minutes?

4 on 4 wasn*t deciding enough games so it was a waste of time which led to the skills competition called the shootout.....which just about everyone hates.

3 on 3 is too wide open? you don*t hear that complaint to often to be honest.

anyways.....whatever floats your boat. i love it...you don*t. no big deal. and besides....you*ve seen the last of it until october. :)

Edited by galaxytrash

3 on 3 can be the most exciting hockey you'll ever see.....

end to end......non stop for the most part.......

mtl09 said on 1 hour ago:

3 on 3 can be the most exciting hockey you'll ever see.....

end to end......non stop for the most part.......

For sure. Would definitely rather watch that than a shootout... 

number-9 said on 10 hours ago:

Why is that stupid? It's more fair than if Washington had to play the Rangers. If it was 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5, they would have to play the Rangers anyway.

Well, you can school me, but if they had a pure seeding as you note above, the Caps would be playing either the Leafs, or Bruins, depending on what happens in the Leafs' last game.  They would not be playing the Rangers.  The Rangers would be the #4 seed in the EC. 

Too many ifs ands and buts for me to follow in the Panarin bonus scene.  I just don't like the fact that the team will have to throw another $1.725 or $1.75 mill into the salary cap hopper.  It is the last thing this team needed to do.  Now, it means that to keep Panarin, either Seabrook or Crawford, or both, will have to go.  If they can't trade either, or both of them to a team that will pay their full salaries, they may have to look at trading Panarin.  What else is new?  Post-season is always a mess for this team.  The salary cap sucks. 

jacksalmon said on 5 hours ago:

Well, you can school me, but if they had a pure seeding as you note above, the Caps would be playing either the Leafs, or Bruins, depending on what happens in the Leafs' last game.  They would not be playing the Rangers.  The Rangers would be the #4 seed in the EC. 

I was responding to a post that said it wasn't fair that Montreal had to play the Rangers instead of one of the teams in their own division. If teams stayed within their division for the first round, then Washington would have been playing the Rangers. My point was that the Rangers and Canadiens were the 4th and 5th teams so there was nothing really unfair about them playing each other.

Now, that being said, I guess it's kind of unfair for Montreal that Ottawa who ended up behind them gets an easier first round matchup. I think the teams should be ranked from 1st to 8th in the conference and play 1vs8, 2vs7 etc... I know teams in a weaker division would have an easier schedule but it didn't stop the Caps, Pens, BJs and almost the Rangers from ranking higher. 

jacksalmon said on 6 hours ago:

Too many ifs ands and buts for me to follow in the Panarin bonus scene.  I just don't like the fact that the team will have to throw another $1.725 or $1.75 mill into the salary cap hopper.  It is the last thing this team needed to do.  Now, it means that to keep Panarin, either Seabrook or Crawford, or both, will have to go.  If they can't trade either, or both of them to a team that will pay their full salaries, they may have to look at trading Panarin.  What else is new?  Post-season is always a mess for this team.  The salary cap sucks. 

They currently have 19 players (including Panarin) signed for next year with 3.35M cap space. In addition to that the cap is expected to go up at least 3M. So if Kruger is the one who goes to Vegas, the Hawks will have 18 players signed and approximately 9.5M cap space minus bonuses. Let's say that leaves them with 7M. They'll probably add a couple of rookies like Debrincat and Fortin for a total of about 1.5M leaving 5,5M. They will want to sign Panik and Darling. After that I don't know if they want to bring back any of Campbell, Oduya, Kempny and Rasmussen. ADJ and Jurco will probably go. They also have plenty of D in the minors making well under 1M. I think it might be difficult to squeeze in Darling with that money but I don't see a need to trade Seabs, Crow or Panarin.

number-9 said on 4 hours ago:

They currently have 19 players (including Panarin) signed for next year with 3.35M cap space. In addition to that the cap is expected to go up at least 3M. So if Kruger is the one who goes to Vegas, the Hawks will have 18 players signed and approximately 9.5M cap space minus bonuses. Let's say that leaves them with 7M. They'll probably add a couple of rookies like Debrincat and Fortin for a total of about 1.5M leaving 5,5M. They will want to sign Panik and Darling. After that I don't know if they want to bring back any of Campbell, Oduya, Kempny and Rasmussen. ADJ and Jurco will probably go. They also have plenty of D in the minors making well under 1M. I think it might be difficult to squeeze in Darling with that money but I don't see a need to trade Seabs, Crow or Panarin.

Thanks for your thoughts, but, in other threads, most posters have felt that Seabrook or Crawford is going to have to go to keep Panarin.  But, your thoughts are something to think about.  Thanks again. 

number-9 said on 5 hours ago:

I was responding to a post that said it wasn't fair that Montreal had to play the Rangers instead of one of the teams in their own division. If teams stayed within their division for the first round, then Washington would have been playing the Rangers. My point was that the Rangers and Canadiens were the 4th and 5th teams so there was nothing really unfair about them playing each other.

Now, that being said, I guess it's kind of unfair for Montreal that Ottawa who ended up behind them gets an easier first round matchup. I think the teams should be ranked from 1st to 8th in the conference and play 1vs8, 2vs7 etc... I know teams in a weaker division would have an easier schedule but it didn't stop the Caps, Pens, BJs and almost the Rangers from ranking higher. 

I agree on the conference seeding and this year's EC seedings are reason enough to support that argument.  As much as I dislike the Pens, it is pure crap that they have to play the Jackets. 

buf52 said on On 9. 4. 2017 at 3:08 AM:

It's crazy. Both CBS and PIT played great seasons and for of them it'll be over after the first round, stupid

at least they (ppl from NHL/teams) talk about it ? Is there some interest to change this stupid format ?

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS ALL YEAR MS MADROSE!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

galaxytrash said on On 4/9/2017 at 0:19 AM:

4 on 4 wasn*t deciding enough games so it was a waste of time which led to the skills competition called the shootout.....which just about everyone hates.

3 on 3 is too wide open? you don*t hear that complaint to often to be honest.

anyways.....whatever floats your boat. i love it...you don*t. no big deal. and besides....you*ve seen the last of it until october. :)

Great. People love it. Since it started the Hawks have lost 33% more overtime games. That's where my concern lies.

Edited by MBFinGoal