The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
vadarx

Toews

LordKOTL said on 3 hours ago:

I ain't saying they don't.  I think Toews play a decent enough game and was rewarded for playing a 2-way Hossa like-game and bailing out someone who should never need bailing out in the backend.  He def. needs to keep that up.  It's a step in the right direction.  Credit where credit is due.

Keith's play was inexcusable.  Matthew Keith would have been an upgrade over his lobotomized play last night.

It seems once one guy gets going, another falls flat. Just can’t seem to get all these guys going at once. Dcat may end up leading the Hawks, and that’s sad when a rookie leads men!!!

Big-T said on Just now:

It seems once one guy gets going, another falls flat. Just can’t seem to get all these guys going at once. Dcat may end up leading the Hawks, and that’s sad when a rookie leads men!!!

I believe the same happened in a lot of our current core players' rookie seasons.  Kane and Toews both had stellar 2008 campaigns, and Even Seabs and Keith looked solid compared to Augroin, Babchuk, and Cullimore back in 2006...granted, that wasn't much of a team back then.
But an interesting factoid I picked up.  While +/- is never completely indicative, since Nov. 7th (one month prior to today), Seabs was a -1 and Keith was a -2.  In the same timespan Seabs jumped +9 to a +89, while Keith dropped -9 to -11.

Crawford being out and not being pulled when he got injured probably plays a role, as well as Seabs reduced icetime and not running him roughshod helped his numbers, Keith's freefall is disturbing.  Sure, I'm riding him hard about last night because it's well-deserved, but even so I think it might be a positive indication he needs his time/responsibility cut.

And I'm not being overly negative with that.  Yeah, guys like Forsling, Murph, etc. have growing pains.  So did Keith.  But if Keith, like Seabs, can be more effective with less time/responsiblity it could help.  If Forsling/etc. can't take the heat then we may be in trouble no matter what, but much like Hoss last year if our core is fading then I think it's better to put them in positions where they can succeed even though we risk riding the young guys and them failing, rather than riding the vets in positions where they're not doing well and giving the youth no chance to step in.

• Like 1

Yea no i get a kick out of social media ......Toews is a goat there ...but speak to the hockey crowd ....Toews is a workhorse ..... i tend to agree while the money is high considering team success and individual points he still acts as a top line center and leads the league in at least one category ......

Tickles me .....McD  the more success the more problems ....

Big-T said on 3 hours ago:

I remember that Toews and Kane led their team in their rookies years as well and that was fortunate not sad.

• Upvote 1

nighbor said on 20 minutes ago:

I remember that Toews and Kane led their team in their rookies years as well and that was fortunate not sad.

And they missed the playoffs. Unfortunately now they’re closer to the end and not the beginning!!!

LordKOTL said on 3 hours ago:

I believe the same happened in a lot of our current core players' rookie seasons.  Kane and Toews both had stellar 2008 campaigns, and Even Seabs and Keith looked solid compared to Augroin, Babchuk, and Cullimore back in 2006...granted, that wasn't much of a team back then.
But an interesting factoid I picked up.  While +/- is never completely indicative, since Nov. 7th (one month prior to today), Seabs was a -1 and Keith was a -2.  In the same timespan Seabs jumped +9 to a +89, while Keith dropped -9 to -11.

Crawford being out and not being pulled when he got injured probably plays a role, as well as Seabs reduced icetime and not running him roughshod helped his numbers, Keith's freefall is disturbing.  Sure, I'm riding him hard about last night because it's well-deserved, but even so I think it might be a positive indication he needs his time/responsibility cut.

And I'm not being overly negative with that.  Yeah, guys like Forsling, Murph, etc. have growing pains.  So did Keith.  But if Keith, like Seabs, can be more effective with less time/responsiblity it could help.  If Forsling/etc. can't take the heat then we may be in trouble no matter what, but much like Hoss last year if our core is fading then I think it's better to put them in positions where they can succeed even though we risk riding the young guys and them failing, rather than riding the vets in positions where they're not doing well and giving the youth no chance to step in.

Good post, and I agree about cutting ice time. That’s why I’d love to get a couple of players in their mid 20’s and let them bare the burden of the extra work!!!

• Like 1