The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madrose

3/16 Hawks vs Sens

galaxytrash said on 10 minutes ago:

of the three....in my humblest of opinions...i think TVR has the best sense when to jump up on a play.

I agree. He's very good at it. He'll probably get even better over the next couple years. 

I know many don't think about this, but Campbell has helped many young defense men get their game. Garrison, Ekblad, Stralman etc. They've all been on the better side of the puck since playing with him, and I feel TVR has too. I honestly feel it would be wise to re-sign Soupy for one more year at least. He's got all the money he needs, so I'm sure he'll take 1 million just to be part of this team. Imagine starting the year with the same top six we have now? Hawks would be a total powerhouse!!!

EbonyRaptor said on 2 hours ago:

There might be better 3rd pairings in the league, although I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I think it's a fair statement to say it's the best 3rd pairing the Hawks have had since the Toews/Kane era started. I include Kempny along with Campbell and TvR in the "3rd pairing". They're not the best in the d-zone - hence they're on the 3rd pairing - but all of those guys do a good job of jumping into the o-zone and make themselves available for a pass without playing a risky gambling style.

I'll include Kempny myself ER,I have no problem with him OR Forsling to be honest,it just seems TvR has really settled in better than those two.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

EbonyRaptor said on 3 hours ago:

There might be better 3rd pairings in the league, although I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I think it's a fair statement to say it's the best 3rd pairing the Hawks have had since the Toews/Kane era started. I include Kempny along with Campbell and TvR in the "3rd pairing". They're not the best in the d-zone - hence they're on the 3rd pairing - but all of those guys do a good job of jumping into the o-zone and make themselves available for a pass without playing a risky gambling style.

Hate the way TVR and Soupy get knocked for not being the 'best in the d-zone'.  Both these guys are in the top 3-4 on the team in +/-.  Regardless of who they match up against on the opposing team, we are scoring a ton more than we are giving up when they are out there.  If they were that sloppy in their own zone, they wouldn't be where they are +/- wise.  Shown me another better +/-  5-6th defense paring in the league?  These guys are capable NHL defenseman that would be playing up a line on most other NHL teams.

hsbob said on 1 hour ago:

I'll include Kempny myself ER,I have no problem with him OR Forsling to be honest,it just seems TvR has really settled in better than those two.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

That and it's a LD/RD thing too where TvR is the only natural RD (other than Rozsival and it's better he remains the #8 d-man). Kempny is LD and although Campbell has played RD in a pinch he prefers and is better at his natural LD position. So it's more of a Campbell vs Kempny than a Kempny vs TvR thing. Forsling is LD too.

Big-T said on 3 hours ago:

I know many don't think about this, but Campbell has helped many young defense men get their game. Garrison, Ekblad, Stralman etc. They've all been on the better side of the puck since playing with him, and I feel TVR has too. I honestly feel it would be wise to re-sign Soupy for one more year at least. He's got all the money he needs, so I'm sure he'll take 1 million just to be part of this team. Imagine starting the year with the same top six we have now? Hawks would be a total powerhouse!!!

Good point T.