The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
BNWFLIX

Artem Anisimov

This guy's like the energizer bunny isn't he? The make up of this line and continued progression of the rest of the team could mean a very deep run. They can't let the last two games take the wind from their sails so to speak. Win the next, and remain consistent.

Who would have thought all the new players would have such an apparently effortless evolution, and progression. If we know one thing about Q he'll keep the ship on course.

Lets hope maybe Staan has that big trade on the sideburners yet that will put the Hawks over the top.

Let's hope he hasn't.

What big trade at the deadline has put us over the top in the last 2500 years ?

We're piling up championships faster than without the big trade at the deadline. We're the most successful franchise in recent history and our future is looking bright and people are still asking for the big trade at the deadline.

• Upvote 1

Let's hope he hasn't.

What big trade at the deadline has put us over the top in the last 2500 years ?

We're piling up faster championships than without the big trade at the deadline. We're the most successful franchise in recent history and our future is looking bright and people are still asking for the big trade at the deadline.

Last year, a 1st and Dahlbeck for Vermette. No way do the Hawks win the Cup with Shaw at center.
  • Upvote 2

Last year, a 1st and Dahlbeck for Vermette. No way do the Hawks win the Cup with Shaw at center.

Well said guess he slept through that Tampa final.

• Upvote 1

Me too. Arty is the best 2LC this team has had since Robert Lang...and that was more than 3 Stanley Cups ago. Even when he's not getting points, he's taking attention off of Kane and Panarin so they can do their thing. It's a lot easier to find a winger to compliment Toews than a center to compliment Kane, and Bowman found him and locked him up to a good deal.

I remember some questioned why Stan moved so quickly to sign AA to an extension, thinking he should have waited to resign him.  

Well said guess he slept through that Tampa final.

Well that's mostly true.

We're set now on the 2nd line center position, no more picks to be wasted, I don't want another trade.

• Upvote 1

AA has been really good since he got here but he was a monster Saturday against Dallas. It was a dominant performance and if he plays like that in the playoffs the Hawks are going to be in great shape

Having another offensive weapon out on the kill is huge,as we saw Saturday night. If the shorties continue,it'll change the way opponents attack on the PP,I look for the Hawk's PK to finish in the top three. ADJ has been better than I figured on the kill too. 

I can't really imagine a better choice at center between Kane and the 'Breadman' than the Big Russian!

He also has the body-type and the style of play that should adapt to the post season,Q mentioned how nice it was 'to have a little size there' after the Stars game...........yeah it is! 

DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!!!

Edited by hsbob

I remember some questioned why Stan moved so quickly to sign AA to an extension, thinking he should have waited to resign him.  

As well they should. He never even took a face off. I don't believe the questions were about his play but rather the hair trigger of the deal. It all has worked out well to this point and I only see it getting better.

As well they should. He never even took a face off. I don't believe the questions were about his play but rather the hair trigger of the deal. It all has worked out well to this point and I only see it getting better.

Well Creatch. there's a good article in the Trib today about how AA has been a very good fit on this squad....if you're a digital subscriber you can check it out.

Bottom line is SB had his eye on him for a while. Maybe he lucked out with the Saad situation  but bottom line he saw him as the elusive 2LC and got him inked at a reasonable price.

Looked hair trigger at the time but in hindsight he's replaced Saad's production at a 2.8 million cap reduction

Well Creatch. there's a good article in the Trib today about how AA has been a very good fit on this squad....if you're a digital subscriber you can check it out.

Bottom line is SB had his eye on him for a while. Maybe he lucked out with the Saad situation  but bottom line he saw him as the elusive 2LC and got him inked at a reasonable price.

Looked hair trigger at the time but in hindsight he's replaced Saad's production at a 2.8 million cap reduction

This is why I never question SB's moves when they happen.  I mean sure, when I saw Saad's headline, I must have yelled out loud, but I realized then (as I do every time, it seems), that SB seems to know what he's doing.  Except with regard to showing human emotion - he needs some work there.

Nah not a subscriber. I feel good about this deal as I'm sure are most people now who had questioned his quick signing. You know me I don't question Stan and knew AA was on his radar just saying that posters who did question the signing had every reason to think he pulled the trigger too soon. Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age? :wacko:

What does this team need for the playoffs? I don't see a need for a trade!?! 

A second line Center... oh wait... nvm

For his new contract kicking in, it was a gamble, yes.  But again, the flipside is waiting until *this* offseason to resign.

Keep in mind he's signed for 4.55M AAV and it expires in 2022.  At this point he's got more goals than Sharp and more goals/points than Saad.  Given their cap hit, and his performance, I think the argument can be made that he'd be at least worth 5.5-6.5 had Stan waited.

He gambled and won.

• Upvote 4

A goaltender who doesn't cost 6 million :P

Dont even start Creatch!

i imagine Stan will pick up one or two players at the deadline

general fanager says they will have about 4.5 mill to spend at that time...

hmmmmm

Dont even start Creatch!

i imagine Stan will pick up one or two players at the deadline

general fanager says they will have about 4.5 mill to spend at that time...

hmmmmm

Hey it's been awhile and with no Bickell these boards are getting a bit dull. Need to inject some life in here. No Huet No Stan No Bickell No CC No old fart veterans with walkers No Ledge walkers...this place is like a morgue :D

• Upvote 2

shortly after the trade i had a guy on the U-M board pm me regarding AA. he raved about him and was sorely disappointed to see him go. told me we would love him. he was right. that saad trade looks better and better every time that line steps out on the ice!

blkhwks918 said on 37 minutes ago:

Saw a report he's day to day with an upper body injury...anyone hear more?

Q said he thought he "would be all right"

It was asked if there was concussion protocol involved......Q said "we don't like to talk about injuries"......but he didn't think that was the case.

So yeah...day-to-day

• Upvote 1

Icaddiedforstosh said on 54 minutes ago:

Q said he thought he "would be all right"

It was asked if there was concussion protocol involved......Q said "we don't like to talk about injuries"......but he didn't think that was the case.

So yeah...day-to-day

Thanks, Caddie.

I'll preface this to say I was not the biggest Anisimov fan when he arrived or even thru last season.  But I will say, with Bowman signing him before he ever played as a Hawk, he is definitely a true bargain for some time to come.  Hopefully it does continue in spite of possibly losing his countryman next year.

Crap!!!!!!!!!   According to the injury report, AA was placed on injured reserve.  I hope he is not out too long.  But, on the bright side, it might help Toews to play on a line with Panarin and Kane and get his scoring touch back, although it has not done him any good so far.  But, there is always hope for him.