The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
BNWFLIX

Artem Anisimov

Yes but who handcuffed him?!

SB himself, the opportunity to go for it all to revitalize the organIzation...it's complex...but I do understand what you are saying.

I believe it's his job to fix (change it) moving forward.  His job is to forecast the future, stay competitive and win cups.  Not easy...

Forget Dano and the other pieces...

AA or Saad for their cap hit AND position they play on this team?

I say SB won this one.

Others?

As of right now I say it's a push.  The 1st line is now struggling but the 2nd line is absolutely thriving (in large part to Panarin as well), so its kind of like Stan robbed Peter to pay Paul.  Long term I think the Hawks win this one because of costs and the fact that Dano has a ceiling as high as Saad's, IMO.  

• Upvote 2

As of right now I say it's a push.  The 1st line is now struggling but the 2nd line is absolutely thriving (in large part to Panarin as well), so its kind of like Stan robbed Peter to pay Paul.  Long term I think the Hawks win this one because of costs and the fact that Dano has a ceiling as high as Saad's, IMO.  

I agree with that but what if we didn't have AA as a second line center...who would have filled that role this year?  IMO, someone should have won the lottery already and claimed that 1LW. 

Long term there is probably no question on who won the trade.  Time will tell tho.

• Upvote 1

For all the heat Stan has taken here due to his Bickell signing at $4.0, let's give him some credit for getting Anisimov for years at $4.5.  That one is looking like a very smart move. 

• Upvote 8

For all the heat Stan has taken here due to his Bickell signing at $4.0, let's give him some credit for getting Anisimov for years at $4.5.  That one is looking like a very smart move. 

He's looked good all over the ice hasn't he jack and at 27 brings real stability to the 2LC position.

DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!!!

• Upvote 4

I agree with that but what if we didn't have AA as a second line center...who would have filled that role this year?  IMO, someone should have won the lottery already and claimed that 1LW. 

Long term there is probably no question on who won the trade.  Time will tell tho.

Good question, TT possibly but more likely some older vet who does not actually fit there but plays defense. 

The person who will win that job has not been given the chance yet (Dano).  Once Q stops putting a revolving cast of bottom 6 players there, some of which are also playing out of position, the problem will be solved.  

Bad night at the dot for AA last night. Hope he can improve that aspect of his game...soon.

This has always been the weakest part of his game and I would think that continued work with YP will strengthen that area.  He has helped Kruger improve tremendously there as well as Shaw.   

Good question, TT possibly but more likely some older vet who does not actually fit there but plays defense. 

The person who will win that job has not been given the chance yet (Dano).  Once Q stops putting a revolving cast of bottom 6 players there, some of which are also playing out of position, the problem will be solved.  

If we're playing coulda woulda. Without the moves made and without injury they may have needed to go with Danault even though he is a third line center. At any rate thank goodness for the AA trade. Oh and although Danault isn't as skilled I think he could play that position better than Richards, and Handzus playing with Kane over 70 games and only have 22 points is unbelievable. 

I also agree about Dano. He's young and needs a little time. Aside from the second line I would say he has to be the most talented and potential, of all other wingers.

Am I the only one who thinks, given the makeup of the team, and the needs of the team, that it worked out for the better having Anisimov in place of Saad? This is probably Stan's most impressive deal.

• Upvote 2

Am I the only one who thinks, given the makeup of the team, and the needs of the team, that it worked out for the better having Anisimov in place of Saad? This is probably Stan's most impressive deal.

you are not alone.

Not even Kane and 2L are breaking all records playing with real center but it leaves TT free to lead "his own" 3L.Anisimov is two lines upgrade.Soon or later Hawks will find 20 goal scorer for 1LW (Saad) spot.Plus there is still Dano in the system who could become extra bonus to that already successfull trade.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Far from alone. I am pretty sure in that trade thread that I was far more excited over having AA than Saad. AA was the bigger need. The bonus is how good Panarin has been.

Far from alone. I am pretty sure in that trade thread that I was far more excited over having AA than Saad. AA was the bigger need. The bonus is how good Panarin has been.

Me too. Arty is the best 2LC this team has had since Robert Lang...and that was more than 3 Stanley Cups ago. Even when he's not getting points, he's taking attention off of Kane and Panarin so they can do their thing. It's a lot easier to find a winger to compliment Toews than a center to compliment Kane, and Bowman found him and locked him up to a good deal.

I'd still rather have Anisinov and Panarin than Saad and Sharp,I don't care what anyone says!

• Upvote 5

Hawks are now 4 Centres deep which had been a weakness for years. Where is the poster who was emphasizing how the Hawks were a barely average team. Show yourself and be shamed!!

• Upvote 1

I'd still rather have Anisinov and Panarin than Saad and Sharp,I don't care what anyone says!

Agree Bob. Panarin may be a couple years older than Saad but he is still on the rise and AA is the elusive 2LC this team has needed for years and he is just hitting his prime. Saad was great while he was here and has a bright future, but AA was a must need and gives the Hawks real depth at the most important position on the ice.
  • Upvote 1

Well, seriously, I just want to say kudos to Stan. Most fans, asked before the off-season, would've considered losing Saad a disaster. But he managed to turn it into an improvement. It doesn't get any better than that.

• Upvote 3

Agree Bob. Panarin may be a couple years older than Saad but he is still on the rise and AA is the elusive 2LC this team has needed for years and he is just hitting his prime. Saad was great while he was here and has a bright future, but AA was a must need and gives the Hawks real depth at the most important position on the ice.

I have nothing but admiration and appreciation for Patrick Sharp and Brandon Saad and they've both been rewarded for their outstanding play and championship character but when I consider how much younger and how much cheaper AA and the Breadman are,I have to think it's HUGE for this team.

Can the Hawks overcome losing two outstanding forwards with cup winning experience,as a wise man once said...."we'll see"

• Upvote 4

I have nothing but admiration and appreciation for Patrick Sharp and Brandon Saad and they've both been rewarded for their outstanding play and championship character but when I consider how much younger and how much cheaper AA and the Breadman are,I have to think it's HUGE for this team.

Can the Hawks overcome losing two outstanding forwards with cup winning experience,as a wise man once said...."we'll see"

I like the way the team is looking. AA isn't flashy, and he does at time struggle at the dot. He is however one of the best 200 ft players on the team. I don't want to entertain those who try to compare him to players like Toews, and Sequin he is a 4.5 million dollar second line center. He knows his duties and executes in a fashion his coach requires.

Kane, and Panarin can free wheel knowing  he's being responsible, whether back or joining the rush, and getting in front of the net.

I like Panik so far as well. The potential has always been there, but potential doesn't keep you playing in the NHL. Lets hope he wants to make Chicago home.

Stan has been very responsible in his job. I like the fact he hasn't panicked, and dealt away talent in the minors. In the event the Hawks do need to make that one big trade at the deadline the cap space, and players need  should be there without costing the team any to dearly, and certainly none of the roster. Well Bickell but that dog isn't going to hunt now is it.

• Upvote 1

I like the way the team is looking. AA isn't flashy, and he does at time struggle at the dot. He is however one of the best 200 ft players on the team. I don't want to entertain those who try to compare him to players like Toews, and Sequin he is a 4.5 million dollar second line center. He knows his duties and executes in a fashion his coach requires.

Kane, and Panarin can free wheel knowing he's being responsible, whether back or joining the rush, and getting in front of the net.

I like Panik so far as well. The potential has always been there, but potential doesn't keep you playing in the NHL. Lets hope he wants to make Chicago home.

Stan has been very responsible in his job. I like the fact he hasn't panicked, and dealt away talent in the minors. In the event the Hawks do need to make that one big trade at the deadline the cap space, and players need should be there without costing the team any to dearly, and certainly none of the roster. Well Bickell but that dog isn't going to hunt now is it.

Hey doogs

When I see Toronto trade away a guy who couldn't make their roster but can make the Hawk's upon arrival for Jeremy Morin I understand why they are where they are.

• Upvote 1

Hey doogs

When I see Toronto trade away a guy who couldn't make their roster but can make the Hawk's upon arrival for Jeremy Morin I understand why they are where they are.

Well, they've put him on a 3rd or 4th line and expected to produce like on a 1st one. In CHI he still plays on a 4th line, but he's expected to perform like a 4th liner. Any point/goal on top, is an added value. We'll see if he performs anything over that and gets a chance on the first 3 lines. But unless an injury of other teammates, hopefully not, I don't think he can get a shot since the machine is ticking more than efficiently currently.

Well, they've put him on a 3rd or 4th line and expected to produce like on a 1st one. In CHI he still plays on a 4th line, but he's expected to perform like a 4th liner. Any point/goal on top, is an added value. We'll see if he performs anything over that and gets a chance on the first 3 lines. But unless an injury of other teammates, hopefully not, I don't think he can get a shot since the machine is ticking more than efficiently currently.

I believe Morin was a casualty of not knowing the system when he was here. But there had to be something he said or had done to anger the front office. I'm guessing that he had to be part of the deal when they took him back but it wasn't bad as he was a good trading chip. His play in Rockford only improved that chip but again even with his improved play they were not going to bring him up.

This guy's like the energizer bunny isn't he? The make up of this line and continued progression of the rest of the team could mean a very deep run. They can't let the last two games take the wind from their sails so to speak. Win the next, and remain consistent.

Who would have thought all the new players would have such an apparently effortless evolution, and progression. If we know one thing about Q he'll keep the ship on course.

Lets hope maybe Stan has that big trade on the sideburners yet that will put the Hawks over the top.

Edited by doogie_w