The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
BNWFLIX

Artem Anisimov

I would say after the 4-2 over the Oilers tonight, the second line really outpointed the rest of the team eh, Panarin with 3 points and Kaner with 4 and ANISIMOV with a goal, great game. This line is getting better as the season goes on,,congrats Mr Bowman

AA had an assist as well, 9pts for that line.

AA has been excellent as the #2 pivot.  I have to think that as he gets even more time in the system he will improve even more, which would be icing on the cake.  At the rate he is going and the fact that he is playing with Kane, I would not be shocked to see him put up 55 or so points this year.  

• Upvote 1

I will agree with return from the Saad deal. As good as Manchild was with the Hawks, getting a 2LC has been needed for a long time. When Dano settles in and starts to contribute regularly, I will say this deal could be a big win for Bowman and the Hawks!

• Upvote 1

Perhaps it is time to completely overhaul the powerplay.

I believe Anisimov should be - at least for now - the primary crease man on the first unit.  

Again last night on the fourth goal, Anisimov demonstrated the advantage of size for a front man.   He has the bulk to hold his ground in front of the crease, and he has the reach to get to pucks around the defenders.    He seems to have good hands and might be able to tip shots from the point.   

I would like to see Toews, Kane and Anisimov as the primary unit, with Seabrook and Panarin.    

Teravainen, Hossa and Shaw (or Dano) can be the second unit, with Daley and Keith.

It is time to try something new.   The first unit (with Shaw) has not been getting the job done for a long time.   

AA has been excellent as the #2 pivot. I have to think that as he gets even more time in the system he will improve even more, which would be icing on the cake. At the rate he is going and the fact that he is playing with Kane, I would not be shocked to see him put up 55 or so points this year.

I agree. He's been better than I thought. I hope he keeps her going, and to be honest, right now with the way Kane is playin, it's not that hard to get gifts from Kane. So as long as he keeps skating, Kane will find him!!!

I believe Anisimov should be - at least for now - the primary crease man on the first unit.  

Again last night on the fourth goal, Anisimov demonstrated the advantage of size for a front man.   He has the bulk to hold his ground in front of the crease, and he has the reach to get to pucks around the defenders.    He seems to have good hands and might be able to tip shots from the point.   

I would like to see Toews, Kane and Anisimov as the primary unit, with Seabrook and Panarin.    

Teravainen, Hossa and Shaw (or Dano) can be the second unit, with Daley and Keith.

It is time to try something new.   The first unit (with Shaw) has not been getting the job done for a long time.

Actually MVR, the time to completely overhaul the PP was a few years ago. But I do like your ideas, especially putting Anissimov in front of the net. I dont think Shaw has been very effective there.

All this talk about the 1LW spot being the "lottery position" - I'm thinking Anisimov has the lottery position playing between Kane and Panarin.

• Upvote 3

No one can argue the importance of wingers like Panarin, and Kane boosting any decent centers offensive game. It's what AA does for their game as well though. When the three play together there is no better line on the team there is just no arguing that. AA however is just the center this team has needed playing behind Tazer. I don't think even yet many are aware of the contribution he makes, what he brings to the table. 

AA with the exception of winning face offs is outstanding. No one seems to want to give him enough credit for the player he is. Comes into the Hawks fold, and picks up the systems so immediate that you would think he's been here forever. This isn't something any other second line center has ever been able to do. He's a solid 200 ft guy too, and when hes on a breakaway to the net the only question I ask is will he score forehand, or backhand this time. That said he is a net front presence that neither of his linemates could ever be. He goes to the dirty areas that they don't.

I think Kane, and Panarin are just as good this season because off AA as he is because of them. We could also take into consideration that the guy playing his position last year scored 12 goals all season AA could be on track for a 30 goal season, as well as lead the team in shorthanded goals.

I don't know what more anyone could want I thought he was a good player before coming here but the mystery of  Stan signing him to a contract extension before he even played a game is a mystery no longer. "The Hawks stole this guy and cheap"

• Upvote 2

All this talk about the 1LW spot being the "lottery position" - I'm thinking Anisimov has the lottery position playing between Kane and Panarin.

I kind of agree with Ani having the lottery position, but he was no chump of a player coming here and it was a almost a pure given that he was going to be the center for Kane. So far Panarin has show than he is a talent that will play well in the NHL; that right there has given Kane a boat load more space (other than Ani drawing one or two closer to the net), as teams can not longer completely double team him.

I like AA, but given his injury history, you risk tiring him out. He's also spending time in PK and has become a shortie threat. Maybe in the future or during desperate times

I like AA, but given his injury history, you risk tiring him out. He's also spending time in PK and has become a shortie threat. Maybe in the future or during desperate times

He's played about the same amount of games as Toews and Hossa since 09-10

Last season was the first time in his career he has missed any significant time due to injury.  In his six seasons in the NHL he has played in 82, 82, 79, 35 (out of 48), 81, and 52 games, respectively.  He will be fine.  

• Upvote 1

Forget Dano and the other pieces...

AA or Saad for their cap hit AND position they play on this team?

I say SB won this one.

Others?

Me too. (I just wish at least one of the 2 traded RHD this past summer were retained.)