The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
BNWFLIX

Artem Anisimov

I'm surprised there's not already a thread for our number two center, so allow me to oblige.

Granted, it's a very small sample size, but so far I'm impressed. It appears Stan may have pulled off a real coupe here; unable to pay Saad, he's acquired a comparable player at a need position and locked him up for a few years at a reasonable rate. And got a prospect to boot. Kudos!

• Upvote 1

yes, definitely, Panarin catches most attention, but Anisimov so far is better than probably many fans even expected, he is an upgrade over all we had before.

Yes and he is good goalie screener.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Agreed. In reality, this was somewhat of a risky contract for Bowman to offer without even seeing if the guy fits in the system at all. I still think it's too early to say either way, but I will say that, so far, he's been great and I've liked his game a lot in this small sample size.

He's a solid two way twenty goal scoring center in his prime. If he stays healthy with the luxury of his wingers he might finally break 30 goals and 70 points. Stan could not have picked a better second line center, all things considered he came cheap. Now we need the first line to get going and hopefully Tik with a couple of games can do the trick. I think he could because he's not a rookie and will hopefully be rid of the nerves quickly, and the pressure will only help to drive him.

Agreed. In reality, this was somewhat of a risky contract for Bowman to offer without even seeing if the guy fits in the system at all. I still think it's too early to say either way, but I will say that, so far, he's been great and I've liked his game a lot in this small sample size.

I'd guess he's been on their radar for some time.

Liking what he has shown so far for sure. That shorty was a thing of beauty and the goal on the drop pass from Kane was sweet!

I'm surprised there's not already a thread for our number two center, so allow me to oblige.

Granted, it's a very small sample size, but so far I'm impressed. It appears Stan may have pulled off a real coupe here; unable to pay Saad, he's acquired a comparable player at a need position and locked him up for a few years at a reasonable rate. And got a prospect to boot. Kudos!

and lets not forget the real jewel in this trade is DANO !!!! whom we hv waiting on the sideline , hopefully no hiding  agenda here ..?

AA has been great so far and has finally given Kane a reliable pivot going forward.  He has been rock solid in his own end and has done a nice job using his size to create space for his small but highly skilled wingers.  His FO's have not been terrible but there is still some work to be done in that aspect of his game.  

Fun fact, AA has the same amount of points as Saad does so far on the season and costs $2,716,667 less this year.  

I bet Saad regrets the trade now....

It's always problematic eliminating the "living" a guy will make with that "losing team."  That said, I have always wondered about the ancillary money guys can make as key members of a world class team in a world class city.  With the Hawks, you also have a world class organization from all reports.  I don't want to be his judge and jury in this and I do recognize that I would probably be highly tempted to opt for the kind of contract he was given over what would have been the case with the Hawks.  That, however, does not stop me from wondering if more (not just money by the way) would be added to his life had he remained in Chicago.

God bless Brandon Saad, but I'm just in a wondering state of mind.

By the way, as far as the Hawks are concerned, Stan may have pulled a coup even though we've fixed one ongoing problem (ideal second line center with size) and created another (no legit LW for the top line).   Dano could be that guy and probably will once they can get the cap in order.  If that happens, it would definitely be a coup if Dano becomes THAT guy.

Edited by GigECJ
  • Upvote 2

AA has been great so far and has finally given Kane a reliable pivot going forward.  He has been rock solid in his own end and has done a nice job using his size to create space for his small but highly skilled wingers.  His FO's have not been terrible but there is still some work to be done in that aspect of his game.  

Fun fact, AA has the same amount of points as Saad does so far on the season and costs $2,716,667 less this year.  

Look at whom the Blackhawks moved at who replaced them.  Although it is early, compare Saad & Sharp to Anisimov and Panarin.  Saad (3 Goals, 1 assist, -5), Sharp (0 goals, 3 assists, +1).  Anisimov (3 goals, 1 assist, +2), Panarin (2 goals, 6 assists, +4).  Better production out of A & P for much less of a cap hit.

• Upvote 3

It's always problematic eliminating the "living" a guy will make with that "losing team."  That said, I have always wondered about the ancillary money guys can make as key members of a world class team in a world class city.  With the Hawks, you also have a world class organization from all reports.  I don't want to be his judge and jury in this and I do recognize that I would probably be highly tempted to opt for the kind of contract he was given over what would have been the case with the Hawks.  That, however, does not stop me from wondering if more (not just money by the way) would be added to his life had he remained in Chicago.

God bless Brandon Saad, but I'm just in a wondering state of mind.

By the way, as far as the Hawks are concerned, Stan may have pulled a coup even though we've fixed one ongoing problem (ideal second line center with size) and created another (no legit LW for the top line).   Dano could be that guy and probably will once they can get the cap in order.  If that happens, it would definitely be a coup if Dano becomes THAT guy.

Dano could be THAT guy Gig but lets let him season a bit the team is playing well. He gets more playing time where he is and he's learning. I don't think Q had him on that line merely for inspiration. Although it not likely hurt.

It was said time and again by many writers etc. that AA was the player Stan wanted. To solidify the deal he also had to give up a good D prospect. In the end I think the Hawks will have won. I have little doubt when Dano comes up the next time he'll be here to stay.

He isn't Kane or Panarin, but he could end up being the second coming of Hossa. Good players tend to become similar to those they idolize.

Look at whom the Blackhawks moved at who replaced them.  Although it is early, compare Saad & Sharp to Anisimov and Panarin.  Saad (3 Goals, 1 assist, -5), Sharp (0 goals, 3 assists, +1).  Anisimov (3 goals, 1 assist, +2), Panarin (2 goals, 6 assists, +4).  Better production out of A & P for much less of a cap hit.

Panarin was a freebie though, he merely wanted a guarantee of sorts. I for one am glad Stan gave it to him.

Stan seems to have filled up a book of green stamps with that deal.

Only us old farts are gonna get that ;)

Dano could be THAT guy Gig but lets let him season a bit the team is playing well. He gets more playing time where he is and he's learning. I don't think Q had him on that line merely for inspiration. Although it not likely hurt.

It was said time and again by many writers etc. that AA was the player Stan wanted. To solidify the deal he also had to give up a good D prospect. In the end I think the Hawks will have won. I have little doubt when Dano comes up the next time he'll be here to stay.

He isn't Kane or Panarin, but he could end up being the second coming of Hossa. Good players tend to become similar to those they idolize.

There was an article in the papers today about how he's adjusting to the system. He loves this system and said it's the way he loves to play. Loves Q and the respect given to him from Q to learn it on the fly. Talked about sometimes needing a change and staying with a team long term and I think he's found his home now. He's only gonna get better with time so yeah we really have something to look forward to.

The only issue I have with Anisimov is that I can't for the life of me come up with a villain from The Tick that fits him like The Breadmaster fits Panarin and Buttery Pat fits Kane. :D

Seriously he's been a great surprise thus far :)

• Upvote 2

There was an article in the papers today about how he's adjusting to the system. He loves this system and said it's the way he loves to play. Loves Q and the respect given to him from Q to learn it on the fly. Talked about sometimes needing a change and staying with a team long term and I think he's found his home now. He's only gonna get better with time so yeah we really have something to look forward to.

Like this and like AA and the stability he will bring to the position for years...finally have that guy behind Toews...longer term...really looking forward to how he matches up with the big centers in the division...like tonight!

The only issue I have with Anisimov is that I can't for the life of me come up with a villain from The Tick that fits him like The Breadmaster fits Panarin and Buttery Pat fits Kane. :D

Well if he keeps burning up the net with goals we can call him the TOASTER.

Like this and like AA and the stability he will bring to the position for years...finally have that guy behind Toews...longer term...really looking forward to how he matches up with the big centers in the division...like tonight!

It appears AA has put an end to the perennial "who's going to be the 2nd line C" discussions. 

• Upvote 1

+1 just for the The Tick reference

• Upvote 1

I would say after the 4-2 over the Oilers tonight, the second line really outpointed the rest of the team eh, Panarin with 3 points and Kaner with 4 and ANISIMOV with a goal, great game. This line is getting better as the season goes on,,congrats Mr Bowman