The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Granada

Tootoo & Rosy Extended

galaxytrash said on On 9/8/2017 at 7:54 AM:

what or where did tootoo screw up at 750K a year m'lord?

i'm bias of course because he's an old brandon wheat king but you'd be hard pressed to find a guy....on any line 1 through 4 or 6 defensemen...that would stick up for his team mates like he does.

he wasn't an offensive juggernaut or a defensive liability.

i know where people are coming from who think he has no place on our team...i do, really...but he's become a lot more of a responsible player since he started with chicago imho.

You mistook what I meant.  Tootoo/Rosie are of the same ilk.  Runblad is a completely different level of useless.  In the absense of anyone better, Tootoo makes a good 13th FWD.

OldTimeHawky said on On 9/8/2017 at 9:22 AM:

Plus he's a turn over machine, not good when you're old and slow. I've seen him turn it over 2-3 times in one shift with perfect passes on the other teams tape. He's worse than Rundblad.

I disagree.  Runblad also blew coverage regularly with the speed to actually get into the right position, but never did.  Rosie might have taken ice ages to get back into position after coughing the puck up, but he at least got back there--kinda like Seabrook but in a more geriatric sense.  Runblad would cough it up and then go to the opposite side of the ice on the backcheck and make things insanely worse.

Rosie is like the mind is there but the body isn't able.  Runblad is like the lights are on but no one is home.  Neither are very good, but I'd rather have Rosie as the emergency backup in the absence of anyone better.  Runblad on the other hand was complete pointless waste.

LordKOTL said on 16 minutes ago:

I disagree.  Runblad also blew coverage regularly with the speed to actually get into the right position, but never did.  Rosie might have taken ice ages to get back into position after coughing the puck up, but he at least got back there--kinda like Seabrook but in a more geriatric sense.  Runblad would cough it up and then go to the opposite side of the ice on the backcheck and make things insanely worse.

Rosie is like the mind is there but the body isn't able.  Runblad is like the lights are on but no one is home.  Neither are very good, but I'd rather have Rosie as the emergency backup in the absence of anyone better.  Runblad on the other hand was complete pointless waste.

Yeah Rozsival got back there, to watch the other team celebrate or thank his goalie. If his mind was still there he wouldn't turn the puck over so much. 

Maybe he's not as bad as Rundblad but that's not saying much.

• Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 7 hours ago:

Yeah Rozsival got back there, to watch the other team celebrate or thank his goalie. If his mind was still there he wouldn't turn the puck over so much. 

Maybe he's not as bad as Rundblad but that's not saying much.

True...but I'd rather have a Rosie as #7 to warm the pressbox and fetch Eddie O's soft serve than a Runblad.  Ditto at FWD.  I'd rather have a Tootoo than a Stalberg.

If you can do better than Rosie or Tootoo with a vet that won't rust away in the pressbox like a rookie, then go for it.  But IMHO you don't let a rookie waste away there, keep them in Rockford.

LordKOTL said on On 11/09/2017 at 4:54 PM:

True...but I'd rather have a Rosie as #7 to warm the pressbox and fetch Eddie O's soft serve than a Runblad.  Ditto at FWD.  I'd rather have a Tootoo than a Stalberg.

If you can do better than Rosie or Tootoo with a vet that won't rust away in the pressbox like a rookie, then go for it.  But IMHO you don't let a rookie waste away there, keep them in Rockford.

Oh I totally agreed that a rookie or young kid shouldn't be in that spot, huge waste when they could be playing full time in Rockford. And for me it's a toss up between Rundblad and Rozsival but David is gone so thankfully that's not an option, and I'd take Tootoo over Stalberg anyday, but once again, thankfully Q doesn't have that as an option.

• Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 11 hours ago:

Oh I totally agreed that a rookie or young kid shouldn't be in that spot, huge waste when they could be playing full time in Rockford. And for me it's a toss up between Rundblad and Rozsival but David is gone so thankfully that's not an option, and I'd take Tootoo over Stalberg anyday, but once again, thankfully Q doesn't have that as an option.

Yep.  For all we know given the additions and how things play out it might end up with something like Wingels/Miller at FWD or Franson in the back in pressbox rotation with Tootoo and Rosie somehow off the books.

If the team is in a case where you have bonafied #13/#7's playing full time (like 2012) over quality rookies/journeymen then there's a problem--either with coaching or the fatc that Stan signed too many one-way deals he's not willing to lose to waivers.  We had the logjam keeping guys like Shaw ready to make the jump off the ice before and hopefully the brass learned from it.  I get that signing Tootoo and Rosie were expansion moves pure and simple (and they otherwise likes would be on PTO's if there wasn't the expansion draft, if at all), but really, we could do a lot worse than Tootoo/Rosie if they are indeed slotted as 13/7.

• Like 1

Modry-Jazyk said on 1 hour ago:

Tougher than a two dollar steak!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

no big surprise i guess.

i liked him as a hawk. at the very least, he was a fun player to watch. 

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I hated when Tootoo was signed here originally, but I ended up liking him at the end. He was fine for a 4th line player. He always stuck up for team mates (Kane especially), and in my opinion, was probably our best true enforcer since Mayers. His beat down of Roussel while in a Hawks uniform justified his signing alone.

• Like 3

and for an enforcer, he had honour.

in every fight of his....the instant his opponent was down...he stops swinging and heads straight to the box. job done.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 1

galaxytrash said on 4 minutes ago:

and for an enforcer, he had honour.

in every fight of his....the instant his opponent was down...he stops swinging and heads straight to the box. job done.

Well posted, GT.

His game lacked some but his loyalty to his teammates and his role didn’t.

• Like 1

Granada said on On 10/22/2018 at 6:51 AM:

I hated when Tootoo was signed here originally, but I ended up liking him at the end. He was fine for a 4th line player. He always stuck up for team mates (Kane especially), and in my opinion, was probably our best true enforcer since Mayers. His beat down of Roussel while in a Hawks uniform justified his signing alone.

I was at that game. easily my favorite moment of his time spent in Chicago!

• Like 1