The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madrose

2/11 Hawks vs Oilers

galaxytrash said on 18 hours ago:

went and took a quick peek at the oilers board on hf....post game talk.

there were 5 pages waiting for me to see but i could only get through about 1 1/2. i felt like hanging myself so i had to stop myself.

11 year without a playoff position will do that to you i guess.

oh man.....i thought these boards were bad!

that was nasty.

It's even worse living here.

Big-T said on 10 hours ago:

I'm gonna say no, and I'll give ya my reasoning...... He's 28 years old and ready to take on the role of a starter, it'd be career suicide to take less money at this stage. If he got hurt or had a bad year, he could easily end up in the AHL or just be done. He's made decent money, but probably not enough for the rest of his life. He will be seeking a starting role, and someone will give him 3-4 million per. He may take less with the Hawks as a starter, something like a 2 year 5 million deal, with the notion that he'll get paid when the Hawks get cap space for his next deal. He may even take 2 million to stay with the Hawks. But they'll have to trade someone else first!!!

Any good agent worth his salt should convince his client to take the security of a nice deal but the big redhead might be a rare exception. When I consider the 180 his career has done over the last three years,I have to think he'll be hesitant to leave the support of his Family,friends,team and community.

GO HWAKS!!!!! 

that Vegas draft makes whole case very complicated, re-signed Darling (especially with some good contract) would be easily #1 choice of the Hawks roster for the Knights....

galaxytrash said on 11 hours ago:

all good points.

NOOOOOO, DAMNIT. ARGUE MEEEEEEE!!!

Big-T said on 19 minutes ago:

NOOOOOO, DAMNIT. ARGUE MEEEEEEE!!!

that was actually the worst bit of drivel ive read in quite some time.

i only commented nicely to it because the complete absurdity had me laughing so hard...i wanted to encourage you to write more similar garbage because it makes my posts look oh so much better.

in reality? you suck man. big time.

edit: :P

LordKOTL said on 2 hours ago:

Best defensive performance I've seen out of our boys since 2013.  Nice Job!

yep.

it was definitely an enjoyable and easy game to watch.

i wasnt sure they could be that good actually. 

new hope arises...

The last few games are why I think Stan should stand pat at the deadline. If he was to add a small piece, fine, but I don't think it's smart to take the NHL stick out of a kids hands. I know it's not exciting or sexy to do nothing, but it may be better now, and definitely better for the future!!!

Modry-Jazyk said on 9 hours ago:

"No defense can withstand TWO opps forwards in front of the net."

C4cD4xQUEAEYF_T.jpg

i noticed that when i watched a replay of the game. it was during a power play and it seemed at the time it was a designed setup....but i might be wrong.

i was almost expecting them to start jostling each other for position.  :)

im bummed Hawks have 5 day break, they were just finding their groove!

always seem to play crappy after a long break too.

oh well, like what weve seen the last couple weeks..

is it Saturday yet??

Modry-Jazyk said on 11 hours ago:

"No defense can withstand TWO opps forwards in front of the net."

C4cD4xQUEAEYF_T.jpg

The difference is, up until the last 2 games for us, #2 would be behind the net, #88 (4 for us) would be about 10' (3m) forward, and the opposition's equivalent of 19 and 14 would be dry-h***ing #33 or #50.

Big-T said on 5 hours ago:

The last few games are why I think Stan should stand pat at the deadline. If he was to add a small piece, fine, but I don't think it's smart to take the NHL stick out of a kids hands. I know it's not exciting or sexy to do nothing, but it may be better now, and definitely better for the future!!!

It appears that you are correct on this point.  My only "but" would be if he got a deal that was just too good to pass up.  But, then that would likely involve a veteran that comes with a higher salary and they couldn't keep him around for next year anyway, so why trade off the future for a shot this year?  That is why I think you are correct and that he should stand pat, regardless of what comes along. 

Greenfeather said on 3 minutes ago:

Why did Hammer fade from the shooter??? still a bad goal on Crow. 

hey greenie....you lonely in here?

youre in last weeks gdt.

:D