The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madrose

1/17 Hawks vs Avs

galaxytrash said on 2 minutes ago:

lots of old faces there eh?

Yep...:)

And Gig...i lost track...i thought you were around then..

iceman603 said on 1 minute ago:

Kaner looks like a teenie bopper.

...and Tazer looks SOOOOOOO relaxed.

Hawks need to watch some tape of the Devils taking the Wild to task again tonight to make it 6 of their last 7 against them.

galaxytrash said on Just now:

pinch me.   :P

Why is it that I would love nothing better than for the Blues to go 0-82?

GigECJ said on 2 minutes ago:

Me too, then I wouldn't have to listen to any blow hard St. Louis fans running their mouths.

GigECJ said on 4 minutes ago:

Let's not be greedy. I'll settle for a 10-11 game Blues losing streak.

foresterfan said on 1 minute ago:

Let's not be greedy. I'll settle for a 10-11 game Blues losing streak.

You just hate a little less because David Backes no longer plays for them, right?

GigECJ said on 1 minute ago:

You just hate a little less because David Backes no longer plays for them, right?

We get to see him soon.

iceman603 said on Just now:

We get to see him soon.

I know Tazer has it marked down on his calendar.

Nice to get the two points, although there were things to be concerned about, like giving up a power play goal to a team that had gone 2 for its last 41.  Oh well, the league's 29th best power play scored on the league's 28th worst penalty killers.  But, other than that, it was nice to see the action from the 3rd and 4th lines, especially with Hinostroza only 1 goal behind Toews.  Earlier, some said that Hossa seemed to do well when he gets off Toews' line; and, tonight he got 3 assists. 

But, with the Wild and Blues losing, it was good to get the 2 points on them.  Hopefully, this game will inspire the youngsters and give them confidence.  They're going to need it. 

Glad to get the two points. Still have faith that this team can contend this spring. Still thinking 33 should see some time again here soon, crow just doesn't seem right.

Missed this one but the all the rookie scoring is impressive.

Back in first in the West, but how long can they stay there?

Was great to see Tazer pass up the open net to give it to Kero late in the 3d.  Thats why he is the best Capt in the game.  He is frustrated, I could feel it from the 300 level last night...but he is unselfish and still leading this team.

JohnE said on 1 minute ago:

Was great to see Tazer pass up the open net to give it to Kero late in the 3d.  Thats why he is the best Capt in the game.  He is frustrated, I could feel it from the 300 level last night...but he is unselfish and still leading this team.

I was listening to team 690 in Montreal and rhe hosts were talking about how some of the best players in the NHL are struggling this year. Tazer, Bergeron, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Perry just to name a few. 

It was awesome to see so many Hawks sweaters in the Pepsi Center.  The chants of "Lets go Hawks!!!" during the game were WAY louder than anything Avs fans could muster...and on the way out the accapela Chelsea Dagger singing was simply terrible.  In a good way...

hawkinmontreal said on 3 hours ago:

The kids are alright, it was nice to see the secondary scoring come alive last night.

That was really good to see.  But, the skeptic in me says let's see what happens over the next few games to see if it is true progress; or just a situation where their 3d/4th lines were just that much worse than the Hawks'.  I hope it is true progress, but more games will reveal the answer.  If it is progress, then Q can try to figure out how to make Toews' lines somewhat of an offensive threat. 

hawkinmontreal said on 1 hour ago:

I was listening to team 690 in Montreal and rhe hosts were talking about how some of the best players in the NHL are struggling this year. Tazer, Bergeron, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Perry just to name a few. 

The stats prove that out, but who cares if non-Hawks are struggling.  Someone just needs to help Toews figure out how to get out of it.  It is not as though the struggles of the non-Hawks make Toews' struggles acceptable.  The team needs his scoring.  He made a few good plays last night and giving the empty netter to Kero was a class move.

Putting Hossa on the 3d line last night helped turn that line around, so why can't Toews turn his line around.  Perhaps the answer lies in the quality of the opposing lines that Toews' lines face and that the Avs lines last night were no match for the Hawks' 3d and 4th lines.