The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madrose

1/17 Hawks vs Avs

tincup61 said on 1 minute ago:

Too many Hawks forwards still leave the zone too early. Do they really need that much of a head start?

I noticed that too.

LordKOTL said on Just now:

In some good news, Toews at least has a shot.

still looks like a 4LC right now... he's the most overpaid player in the NHL at the moment and I am not sure there's a close 2nd

MERPER said on Just now:

still looks like a 4LC right now... he's the most overpaid player in the NHL at the moment and I am not sure there's a close 2nd

So if he goes to the All Star game, and has fun and smiles a lot, then the hidden injury theory is out the window and then the real concern sets in.

MERPER said on 7 minutes ago:

I mean we desperately need him.  We're all rooting for him.  He really is in a tremendous funk that incorporates a very high degree of frustration.  One (not me) probably couldn't push a greased golf tee in his ahem, he's so tight.

GigECJ said on 11 minutes ago:

Jarome Iginla deserves a Stanley Cup with somebody.

hes about my favorite non hawk.

past his prime obviously but a good solid teammate  and a good community player. always seems like a nice guy whenever hes interviewed.

yep....shame he likely wont lift a cup in his career....

LordKOTL said on 1 minute ago:

Q needs to take the locker room apart.  Anyone making over 4 Million should be made to cry.

Maybe at this time Rocky needs to come have a talk with everyone that sits or stands in that bench.

Kathryn Tappen reporting that somebody said this could be a "trap game" for the Hawks.  How could a game against ANYBODY be a "trap game" these days?!!!

GigECJ said on 3 minutes ago:

I mean we desperately need him.  We're all rooting for him.  He really is in a tremendous funk that incorporates a very high degree of frustration.  One (not me) probably couldn't push a golf tee in his ahem, he's so tight.

not sure about that one.

galaxytrash said on 2 minutes ago:

hes about my favorite non hawk.

past his prime obviously but a good solid teammate  and a good community player. always seems like a nice guy whenever hes interviewed.

yep....shame he likely wont lift a cup in his career....

Pretty class guy and a good ambassador for the game but I hope this isn't an audition for Bowman tonight. Iginla doesn't have much to offer us I think.

tincup61 said on 1 minute ago:

Pretty class guy and a good ambassador for the game but I hope this isn't an audition for Bowman tonight. Iginla doesn't have much to offer us I think.

youre likely right....but if he came cheap enough....the tank might be empty but he might have a small jerry can in the trunk.:mellow:

I've been holding back on saying it since he came back, but, yeah.... crow might need to sit a game or two. He hasn't been the same.

19 looks like he could stand a week or two off as well.

MERPER said on 1 minute ago:

KANE/PANARIN/ANISIMOV line has 1 shot on goal tonight 

Yeah, good catch. 

vadarx said on 4 minutes ago:

I've been holding back on saying it since he came back, but, yeah.... crow might need to sit a game or two. He hasn't been the same.

regardless how crow is playing....imho darling deserves more starts anyways.

!!!!!!    GO HAWKS    !!!!!!

tincup61 said on 9 minutes ago:

Maybe at this time Rocky needs to come have a talk with everyone that sits or stands in that bench.

I am game.

MERPER said on 3 minutes ago:

KANE/PANARIN/ANISIMOV line has 1 shot on goal tonight 

All the damage tonight by the unusual suspects, Finally get some secondary scoring and AK72 dries up.

FYI,

The Colorado Avalanche have just 27 points (13-27-1), the lowest total by five in the entire league.

They are merely 5-15-1 at home (worst home record in the NHL)

They are -55 in goal differential.

Just sayin'

Losing to one of the worst teams in the Western Conference, and not looking particularly good yet again. If this funk can't be improved the team has to look for a trade or two before the deadline. Maybe a Shaw type of guy to bring some much needed energy.

foresterfan said on 1 minute ago:

Losing to one of the worst teams in the Western Conference, and not looking particularly good yet again. If this funk can't be improved the team has to look for a trade or two before the deadline. Maybe a Shaw type of guy to bring some much needed energy.

If the funk can't be improved, sell! Don't look for little tweaks. Sell a big piece while the price is extremely high. Because at the deadline it always is... unless Bowman just willingly loves giving up high draft picks for guys like Timonen and Fleischmann/Weise