The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madrose

1/17 Hawks vs Avs

yooper496 said on 2 minutes ago:

I kinda surprised STL gave up on Brouwer, especially with Backass moving on as well.  Looking at their roster on CapFriendly, Patrik Berglund at $3.7M is no bargain for his meager production.  Wonder what his market value might be as a pending UFA this summer?

Same here. The blows keep trending they way that they are, they might end up sellers at the deadline... might wanna get something for shatterkirk before he leaves town...

vadarx said on 2 minutes ago:

Same here. The blows keep trending they way that they are, they might end up sellers at the deadline... might wanna get something for shatterkirk before he leaves town...

And yet not a tear from any one here!

yooper496 said on 4 hours ago:

I'm kinda surprised STL gave up on Brouwer, especially with Backass moving on as well.  Looking at their roster on CapFriendly, Patrik Berglund at $3.7M is no bargain for his meager production.  Wonder what his market value might be as a pending UFA this summer?

I always liked Brouwer and he was pretty good for them but a young center like Oshie was more valuable IMO. They might have jumped the gun on their GT situation too,Elliott looked like the guy they needed and he signed elsewhere and for a reasonable amount. I also don't get the HC situation,is Yeo that much of a must have that you bring him in to look over Hitch's shoulder all year? I thought that would be uncomfortable and it looks like it might be.

A LOT of good teams are strugglin' yoopster and that's why I continue to preach patience for the current Hawk's squad.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

damn these 3 day breaks between games.

it will test the mettle of all of us in this second half when games are fewer and farther between.

hurry the heck up ms. madrose.   :)

Icaddiedforstosh said on 13 hours ago:

There's any number of ways you can look at what Jonathan Toews has done for this franchise, Jack. 

If you choose to live in only the here and now, then yeah...he's not earning his keep, and he'd be the first to wear that and that is what he's doing now, it's what he's always done...nobody is harder on Jonathan Toews than Jonathan Toews.

And I get it....we all want our Cups every year. And when they don't win it's all so easy to sit back and start to point fingers at the players who were signed to large contracts.

That said...if you can't look at what's been paid out and what the return has been, then you're not seeing the forest for the trees. 

Because the fact is....3 Cups is 3 Cups. And JT has been one of the top forwards for all 3 of those Cups,

If that's not worth something to you, fine. But it's worth a lot. 

I recognize that contracts are paid somewhat on the basis of past performance, but that money is also being paid for expected continued performance at levels comparable to the past performance.  Would the Hawks have given Toews the same contract, if they knew that he would average 5 goals and 10 assists in his last 8 years?  I doubt it.  So, I don't disagree with your point.  I simply had an expectation of better offensive performance from Toews.  He may do it yet, though.