The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Old_Hawk

Seabrook

hawkinmontreal said on Just now:

I agree with you, I did not include CC only because this was a topic on Seabrook, but yes you are right about CC.

No worries:  I just noticed last game that Crawford seriously saved Keith's bacon on a play and it was like no harm, no foul, no scrutiny of Keith.  Then Seabrook completely botches 2 plays which, even though Crawford definitely should have had them, Seabs gets a hall pass in spite of being just as bad in his position on those plays as Crawford was.

Yet, how many "KEITH SUCKS, TRADE THE BASTARD! FORSLING IS BETTER!" & "SEABROOK SUCKS, TRADE THE BASTARD! POKKA IS BETTER!" posts were made all over the interwebs?  Meanwhile, the interwebs exploded with the usual repetoire of Anti-Crawford bilge from the usual bandwagon suspects--not necessarily here on these boards but all over.

• Upvote 1

See, the problem I have is this. I have never and will never say CC sucks. I love having the guy, but unfortunately I see him as a cap casualty. As he has a limited NMC and Seabs has a FNMC. But we'll see what Stan does in the offseason. I'm not very worried about that now. I'm more worried as to what Stan does at the TDL. I firmly believe the D will be ok, forward depth is lacking, and I just don't see the Hawks able to fit Motte and Schmaltz in cap wise, so one of them will be dealt at the deadline!!!

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 1 hour ago:

I'm not saying anything, gt.  Merely responding directly to bob's thought.  I have no idea if the Hawks' medical staff knew about Bickell's disorder prior to him being dealt.  My thinking is that management just wanted to get rid of his contract.  Besides, if they knew about a pre-existing issue and did not inform the Hurricanes, the trade would have been voided by the league.

In case you missed it, I referred twice to his significance in 2013!

And yet because they re-signed him for whatever reasons, they may have ultimately lost out on Saad, a true top six LW, and they did lose Teravinen.  Except you would prefer to pay Bickell instead.  Really?!

To you and your followers, please do not put false meaning into my simple words!

I'm no one's follower but since you replied to my post,I'll reply to yours. I offered Bickell's serious health issue as a possible explanation of why an otherwise healthy and decent player ended up in Rockford. You say he had "only two months of really good hockey" in his tenure,that's disputable but it allows you to continue to bemean Stan Bowman's ability and you seem to need that to this very day.

How about the job Nill and Yzerman are doin',just to think we could be the Stars or the Bolt's right now. 

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence because it's growin' over the septic field and 10.4M for GT's that can't stop a puck is a septic field!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 7 hours ago:

To you and your followers, please do not put false meaning into my simple words!

im not putting false meaning anywhere.

sorry yoop but youve insinuated twice that the hawks could have known about bickells disease without telling him and in my opinion thats just ludicrous..

i got followers?  :P

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Upvote 3

yooper496 said on 8 hours ago:

I'm not saying anything, gt.  Merely responding directly to bob's thought.  I have no idea if the Hawks' medical staff knew about Bickell's disorder prior to him being dealt.  My thinking is that management just wanted to get rid of his contract.  Besides, if they knew about a pre-existing issue and did not inform the Hurricanes, the trade would have been voided by the league.

In case you missed it, I referred twice to his significance in 2013!

And yet because they re-signed him for whatever reasons, they may have ultimately lost out on Saad, a true top six LW, and they did lose Teravinen.  Except you would prefer to pay Bickell instead.  Really?!

Hey, yopper, I feel your pain, as one member of the board used to say stop talking music to the deaf. 

irmaks said on 10 minutes ago:

Hey, yopper, I feel your pain, as one member of the board used to say stop talking music to the deaf. 

:P

• Upvote 1

irmaks said on 20 minutes ago:

Hey Henny Youngman.......quit stealin' my material!LOL!

Anyone who shows the least bit of enthusiasm for the best team in the league over the last decade on the team's own message board is somehow deaf? Anyone who doesn't is deaf AND blind in my opinion!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

galaxytrash said on 4 hours ago:

sorry yoop but youve insinuated twice that the hawks could have known about bickells disease without telling him and in my opinion thats just ludicrous..

Charlie Manson had followers,why not you?

Speaking of Bryan Bickell and his health issue.......

https://www.nhl.com/news/bryan-bickell-of-hurricanes-taking-life-with-ms-one-day-at-a-time/c-285859704?tid=277548856

Of all the bums who have absolutely stolen money from Chicago teams,at least this guy actually help one win something and good for him to have some of that Wirtz money to fall back on.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 4

galaxytrash said on 7 hours ago:

I honestly don't follow what you are saying in the second paragraph, gt.  Please expound.

Those positive reputation thingamickjaggers indicate a following, no?

yooper496 said on 49 minutes ago:

I honestly don't follow what you are saying in the second paragraph, gt.  Please expound.

Those positive reputation thingamickjaggers indicate a following, no?

the reputation thingamickjaggers just indicate i have a keen hockey acumen....a rapier like wit....a boisterous sense of humor...and an overall pleasant and sunny disposition.

that coupled with the fact that i pay 15 local thai kids to come on here with bogus usernames just to green the hell out of me from time to time.  :)

okay....now that thats all cleared up....it was just that twice last page...but mainly in the post i quoted....you seem to think theres a chance that management mightve known of his illness.

i dont claim to be 1OO% sure of everything in the world but i think its a bit silly to think that if they knew about it they would go the route of whats best for the team instead of whats best for the player.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Upvote 1

hsbob said on 10 hours ago:

I'm no one's follower but since you replied to my post,I'll reply to yours. I offered Bickell's serious health issue as a possible explanation of why an otherwise healthy and decent player ended up in Rockford. You say he had "only two months of really good hockey" in his tenure,that's disputable but it allows you to continue to bemean Stan Bowman's ability and you seem to need that to this very day.

How about the job Nill and Yzerman are doin',just to think we could be the Stars or the Bolt's right now. 

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence because it's growin' over the septic field and 10.4M for GT's that can't stop a puck is a septic field!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Bickell was waived by the team who signed him to that absurd contract prior to last season.  He was waived a second time shortly into the season.  Both times he cleared waivers and eventually wound up in Rockford for a while.  This is not a very good description of an otherwise healthy and decent player as you indicated.  However, if what you are indeed insinuating, unlike anything I've brought to this discussion, that he may have had a serious, known condition as far back as early in the '15-16 pre-season, why was he not placed on IR or then kept and placed on LTIR for this last year of his deal??  Truth is, he most likely is a marginal NHL player best suited as a bottom six forward and should have been paid accordingly all along.  We all know he has had some other quite serious injuries in the past few seasons which might explain his lack of production to some degree.  That is besides the point with this recent MS diagnosis, tho, IMO.

As far as your inevitable jab at me and how I view Bowman, please then tell me why Bryan Bickell's services were no longer needed by the Chicago Blackhawks?  To me, the GM corrected a mistake the best way possible.  And kudos to StanBo for being able to make that trade.  Every GM makes mistakes, even those who have their names engraved on the Cup.  In the end, hopefully the same mistakes are not repeated.

I do find it hard to believe, bob, that you don't dole out positive reputations.  Have a good day.

galaxytrash said on 36 minutes ago:

the reputation thingamickjaggers just indicate i have a keen hockey acumen....a rapier like wit....a boisterous sense of humor...and an overall pleasant and sunny disposition.

that coupled with the fact that i pay 15 local thai kids to come on here with bogus usernames just to green the hell out of me from time to time.  :)

okay....now that thats all cleared up....it was just that twice last page...but mainly in the post i quoted....you seem to think theres a chance that management mightve known of his illness.

i dont claim to be 1OO% sure of everything in the world but i think its a bit silly to think that if they knew about it they would go the route of whats best for the team instead of whats best for the player.

100% false, gt.  "I have no idea IF the Hawks...".  Hypothetically, "...IF THEY KNEW...".  I never insinuated any impropriety in this instance by the Blackhawks, and it upsets me that some think otherwise, including you.  

Because each of us have our own opinions and interpretations to posts, sometimes clarification is in order.  It does not detract from me appreciating my fellow members here, again including you my friend from TieLand!

• Upvote 2

To all, please forgive my hijacking of this Seabrook thread with a Bickell tangent.  I will not comment further to this regard.  Sorry.

yooper496 said on 22 minutes ago:

100% false, gt.  "I have no idea IF the Hawks...".  Hypothetically, "...IF THEY KNEW...".  I never insinuated any impropriety in this instance by the Blackhawks, and it upsets me that some think otherwise, including you.  

Because each of us have our own opinions and interpretations to posts, sometimes clarification is in order.  It does not detract from me appreciating my fellow members here, again including you my friend from TieLand!

just my opinion....but it seemed that bringing up the absurdly remote possibility of it was the same as insinuating it...thats all. 

we are all clear so im done as well.

back to you brent seabrook.  :)

• Upvote 2

yooper496 said on 42 minutes ago:

To all, please forgive my hijacking of this Seabrook thread with a Bickell tangent.  I will not comment further to this regard.  Sorry.

Hahaha... I was about to say... yoop is snowed in up there, he's got the cabin fever!

I am just messin, of course.

It's all good man, it isn't like most of us here haven't veered off course in a thread or two before... 

Edited by vadarx
  • Upvote 1

Serious insomnia.  My wife is in Appleton, WI, moving our oldest daughter into a new dorm/apartment and I'm wide awake at almost 5AM.  And no snow to push into the neighbor's lot!

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 4 minutes ago:

Serious insomnia.  My wife is in Appleton, WI, moving our oldest daughter into a new dorm/apartment and I'm wide awake at almost 5AM.  And no snow to push into the neighbor's lot!

Hey, night shift here, my man. I hear ya on the lack of sleep! Do some laps outside, maybe that'll tucker ya out!

yooper496 said on 8 hours ago:

Bickell was waived by the team who signed him to that absurd contract prior to last season.  He was waived a second time shortly into the season.  Both times he cleared waivers and eventually wound up in Rockford for a while.  This is not a very good description of an otherwise healthy and decent player as you indicated.  However, if what you are indeed insinuating, unlike anything I've brought to this discussion, that he may have had a serious, known condition as far back as early in the '15-16 pre-season, why was he not placed on IR or then kept and placed on LTIR for this last year of his deal??  Truth is, he most likely is a marginal NHL player best suited as a bottom six forward and should have been paid accordingly all along.  We all know he has had some other quite serious injuries in the past few seasons which might explain his lack of production to some degree.  That is besides the point with this recent MS diagnosis, tho, IMO.

As far as your inevitable jab at me and how I view Bowman, please then tell me why Bryan Bickell's services were no longer needed by the Chicago Blackhawks?  To me, the GM corrected a mistake the best way possible.  And kudos to StanBo for being able to make that trade.  Every GM makes mistakes, even those who have their names engraved on the Cup.  In the end, hopefully the same mistakes are not repeated.

I do find it hard to believe, bob, that you don't dole out positive reputations.  Have a good day.

Your hindsight's a perfect 20-20,congratulations. Did you read the article that quoted Bickell himself saying they tried to figure it out and couldn't?  If the Hawks knew,they could have LTIR'd him without losing TT(no body liked him anyway)they would have and Rocky would have been happy to pay the last two.

Can you honestly tell me that you approve of the job that SB's done,my memory and my health for that matter are far better than they have any right to be!LOL!

Have you not complemented NIll on several occasions and do you not lament the loss of Sharp,Oduya and Johns on a regular basis? The Stars are PUTRID,they can't even score now and if that was the Hawks this year,these boards would have been closed down by now! Heads should be rolling there in all honesty.

The Blues were pointed to by many as another better run team that would leave the Hawks in their wake around here and they've been putrid too and they have the goal diff.to prove it. They caught the same ***** slap the Hawks caught from the Caps last night but they caught theirs at home. Allen's been pulled in three straight,TWICE last night,they lost their best GT for nothing,just like Oshie.......heads should roll there too......no? 

If you find it hard to believe I don't give a + to a post I agree with then your beliefs are correct.......I just gave you one for a very good post on this page.

GO HAWKS!!!!!   

Edited by hsbob
  • Upvote 4

This post season is going to go a long way in deciding which of the core will be moving on or staying put. If 7 plays like he has in past cup runs the talk of trading him will diminish. If they play like they are fat and happy with their accomplishments and contracts big changes can be reality with the cap crunch they are in

hsbob said on 5 hours ago:

Your hindsight's a perfect 20-20,congratulations. Did you read the article that quoted Bickell himself saying they tried to figure it out and couldn't?  If the Hawks knew,they could have LTIR'd him without losing TT(no body liked him anyway) and Rocky would have been happy to pay the last two.

Can you honestly tell me that you approve of the job that SB's done,my memory and my health for that matter are far better than they have any right to be!LOL!

Have you not complemented NIll on several occasions and do you not lament the loss of Sharp,Oduya and Johns on a regular basis? The Stars are PUTRID,they can't even score now and if that was the Hawks this year,these boards would have been closed down by now! Heads should be rolling there in all honesty.

The Blues were pointed to by many as another better run team that would leave the Hawks in their wake around here and they've been putrid too and they have the goal diff.to prove it. They caught the same ***** slap the Hawks caught from the Caps last night but they caught theirs at home. Allen's been pulled in three straight,TWICE last night,they lost their best GT for nothing,just like Oshie.......heads should roll there too......no? 

If you find it hard to believe I don't give a + to a post I agree with then your beliefs are correct.......I just gave you one for a very good post on this page.

GO HAWKS!!!!!   

Thank you, Bob.

I did not read the article, I am sorry.  I also have never suggested the Hawks knew anything about Bickell's medical mystery except hypothetically.  They simply had to make a business decision with his $4M cap hit, thus the trade.  Yes, it would have been the best choice to "Pronger" Bickell but that was a not viable option last summer.

In regards to Bowman, no I do not fully approve of his work as the general manager of the Hawks.  Although he never offers any insight into unrealized deals, I simply do see him being very proactive or following much of any plan in what actually is transacted.  I also do not agree that he has tremendous control of the cap as it relates to the roster.  He tends to make similar mistakes (overpaying bottom guys, agreeing to team detrimental clauses, "robbing from Peter to pay Paul") without understanding their impact at times.  He is shorted much of the time when he does make trades because of being painted into corners.  Like perhaps most if not all of the other 29(30) GMs, he is very average in my view.  He makes deals that have helped the team, he has made deals that have hindered the team.  What does separate him from his fellow GMs are the 3 Cups, to which I am thankful for his role.  All said, if not being a 100% supporter of Stan Bowman makes me more of a rogue fan to anyone here or elsewhere, I am fine with this choice.  

As to my appreciation of Nill or any other GM, is that a bad thing?  I applaud anybody for trying to improve their team.  Sometimes it leads to success, many times it doesn't.  I do lament the loss of Stephen Johns; I truly feel as if he could have been a real good asset here.  However, like many young guys they are instead pawns or trade bait instead of valuable role players the team could use.  Again, sometimes things work out but too many squandered draft picks for my liking looking into the future.  I am indifferent with the losses of Sharp and Oduya although I disagree with that entire off season of '15.

My heart is with the Blackhawks.  I only want the very best for them.  That is why it pains me whenever they slump or struggle or do not complete their ONEGOAL.

If you still want to continue this discussion, perhaps it would be better via PM for the sake of the rest of our community here.  Take care, hsbob.

Edited by yooper496
  • Upvote 3

yooper496 said on 2 minutes ago:

Thank you, Bob.

I did not read the article, I am sorry.  I also have never suggested the Hawks knew anything about Bickell's medical mystery except hypothetically.  They simply had to make a business decision with his $4M cap hit, thus the trade.  Yes, it would have been the best choice to "Pronger" Bickell but that was a viable option last summer.

In regards to Bowman, no I do not fully approve of his work as the general manager of the Hawks.  Although he never offers any insight into unrealized deals, I simply do see him being very proactive or following much of any plan in what actually is transacted.  I also do not agree that he has tremendous control of the cap as it relates to the roster.  He tends to make similar mistakes (overpaying bottom guys, agreeing to team detrimental clauses, "robbing from Peter to pay Paul") without understanding their impact at times.  He is shorted much of the time when he does make trades because of being painted into corners.  Like perhaps most if not all of the other 29(30) GMs, he is very average in my view.  He makes deals that have helped the team, he has made deals that have hindered the team.  What does separate him from his fellow GMs are the 3 Cups, to which I am thankful for his role.  All said, if not being a 100% supporter of Stan Bowman makes me more of a rogue fan to anyone here or elsewhere, I am fine with this choice.  

As to my appreciation of Nill or any other GM, is that a bad thing?  I applaud anybody for trying to improve their team.  Sometimes it leads to success, many times it doesn't.  I do lament the loss of Stephen Johns; I truly feel as if he could have been a real good asset here.  However, like many young guys they are instead pawns or trade bait instead of valuable role players the team could use.  Again, sometimes things work out but too many squandered draft picks for my liking looking into the future.  I am indifferent with the losses of Sharp and Oduya although I disagree with that entire off season of '15.

My heart is with the Blackhawks.  I only want the very best for them.  That is why it pains me whenever they slump or struggle or do not complete their ONEGOAL.

If you still want to continue this discussion, perhaps it would be better via PM for the sake of the rest of our community here.  Take care, hsbob.

Great post yoop and I feel no need for a pm because I'm sure we can have a good discussion on these and other issues from here on out.

A lot of other good teams are strugglin' more than the Hawks right now my friend.....the league is tough as hell nowadays!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 3

Yep, Bettman must be wetting his bed on a regular basis due to all of the parity on display.

BTW, I always enjoy conversing with you despite whatever differences we may have.  Same is true for other fellow posters!  In the end, we are Blackhawks fans and desire for them to succeed, however it comes about.  

• Upvote 2

Jim Nill is over-loved and I have to believe if the Stars miss the playoffs his ass is in trouble. 

• Upvote 2

Puckjim said on 4 hours ago:

Jim Nill is over-loved and I have to believe if the Stars miss the playoffs his ass is in trouble. 

We don't agree on a lot PJ - but on this we do. 

I was someone who lamented about Dallas' goalie and D troubles and them winning every game 6-4 and how that was something they couldn't do forever. Jim Nill was getting a lot of love and was in the press comparing Toews and Kane to Seguin and Benn and then last season they win the West (at least the Central) and everyone is singing his and the Stars' praises and their fans are on nhl.com talking about how they are the new Hawks. :P

Now they are struggling to get into the PO picture. It's interesting. 

• Upvote 1