The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Old_Hawk

Seabrook

Modry-Jazyk said on 12 hours ago:

7 more years at 7M

that 3rd, "drunken sailor" video is like horror movie considering the dead cap he represents in our team.

also I think he did two giveaways in his last shift, when Hawks were trying PP in six.This is why I'm for replacing Q even if most responsibilty for this disaster is on SB.Actually, firing SB would not help in this case anyway ...

How long was his shift in that last video?

Granada said on 42 minutes ago:

How long was his shift in that last video?

why it would matter if almost all his shifts are similar ...

Modry-Jazyk said on 4 minutes ago:

why it would matter if almost all his shifts are similar ...

I'm curious. I agree he has been bad; I was just curious if that was late in that particular shift. If he was out there long, I would give him somewhat of a pass on that particular play; it looks like he was out there for a while, by the way he was moving.

Granada said on 4 minutes ago:

I'm curious. I agree he has been bad; I was just curious if that was late in that particular shift. If he was out there long, I would give him somewhat of a pass on that particular play; it looks like he was out there for a while, by the way he was moving.

OK, i understand.I don't know granada, it might been longer shift or maybe it was not... I agree with the rest but it happens too often and he's not only player who got sometimes longer shifts, so if he cant keep the step, he should spend next few weeks in a gym instead of games..

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Seabrook is 32 not 38 so there is no excuse that he's already slower than Rozsival and for such huge decline.IMO he brutally undervalues importance of summer/off-season preparation.Aging Hossa could talk about how important is that and how longer summer can help if player use the time well.It means less fishing, less sunbathing and traveling, more time in the gym and on the ice.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 24 minutes ago:

Seabrook is 32 not 38 so there is no excuse that he's already slower than Rozsival and for such huge decline.IMO he brutally undervalues importance of summer/off-season preparation.Aging Hossa could talk about how important is that and how longer summer can help if player use the time well.It means less fishing, less sunbathing and traveling, more time in the gym and on the ice.

This is basically what has happened to the whole team, they ran out of juice in last years playoffs, they had zero desire. If you ask the core players who won the Cup last year, they wouldn’t know as they were out having fun!!!

Big-T said on 2 hours ago:

This is basically what has happened to the whole team, they ran out of juice in last years playoffs, they had zero desire. If you ask the core players who won the Cup last year, they wouldn’t know as they were out having fun!!!

Come on.  The guys have been out having fun for a long time...and were winning cups along the way.  That isn't a new thing.

Ran out of juice?  Like energy/motivation?  That's different than having zero desire.

ASSUMPTION/GUESSING ALERT

I believe the players realized after last year's TDL that they didn't have what it was going to take to win the cup.  They played without desire and looked to not believe they could even win that series.

This season, the top 6 is worse, the bottom 6 is better and the core has diminished from what it has been in year's past.  Maybe, just maybe...they have the same feeling/attitude/lack of belief they had in the Preds series.  It at least looks like that.  I don't think Q has lost them.  They are loyal to him and he is loyal to them.  

iknowpuck said on On 11/14/2017 at 5:42 PM:

Come on.  The guys have been out having fun for a long time...and were winning cups along the way.  That isn't a new thing.

Ran out of juice?  Like energy/motivation?  That's different than having zero desire.

ASSUMPTION/GUESSING ALERT

I believe the players realized after last year's TDL that they didn't have what it was going to take to win the cup.  They played without desire and looked to not believe they could even win that series.

This season, the top 6 is worse, the bottom 6 is better and the core has diminished from what it has been in year's past.  Maybe, just maybe...they have the same feeling/attitude/lack of belief they had in the Preds series.  It at least looks like that.  I don't think Q has lost them.  They are loyal to him and he is loyal to them.  

This is pretty much exactly what I think happened, and I have mentioned it before here. 

The collapse occurred almost immediately after last year's trade deadline.   The core players looked around the room.   Tootoo was still here.   So was Desjardins and a bunch of rookies.   The players knew they did not have enough to get it done.   

The core expected Bowman to make some moves at the deadline.  He basically did nothing and decided to throw in the towel  ie) "play the kids."  

The coach balked at the idea because he wanted to win.   The players knew better. 

mvr said on 2 minutes ago:

This is pretty much exactly what I think happened, and I have mentioned it before here. 

The collapse occurred almost immediately after last year's trade deadline.   The core players looked around the room.   Tootoo was still here.   So was Desjardins and a bunch of rookies.   The players knew they did not have enough to get it done.   

The core expected Bowman to make some moves at the deadline.  He basically did nothing and decided to throw in the towel  ie) "play the kids."  

The coach balked at the idea because he wanted to win.   The players knew better. 

But, maybe SB didn’t throw in the towel as you suggest...maybe he didn’t have a reasonable dance partner at the TDL.

Who knows.

Stan did not throw in the towel.  He went out and got Oduya to play with hammer because they had chemistry but Q never played them together.  Stan also dug into the past and supplied Q with Andrew Ladd a reliable power forward but it didn't pay off.  We had a draft in Chicago therefore Stan had to keep his early picks to give the fans something to turn out for.  The rookies supplied as much firepower as the great Panarin who was too tired to be productive in the short playoff but he did not take regular games  off to rest because he had bonuses to make.  The afore mentioned Panarin  was not too tired to lead mother Russia in the World Championships.  All I read is speculation not facts.  My challenge to you is to name the year when the Blackhawks under Q were ready to start the playoff from the drop of the first puck.  It takes until the third round before they start playing "the right way".

• Like 2