The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
mvr

Changes needed on the fourth line....

The players' wishes should always be considered.

If they (or the coach) perceive the need for  physical players, the general manager should pay attention.  

The problem is that Bowman does not value this role.   He appeases the players and coach by acquiring very marginal physical "talent."   The general manager has a fetish for 160 pound perimeter forwards who skate well but never stand in front of the net.

By January of last year, most of us recognized that Tootoo and Desjardins were no longer NHL material.   The fourth line was being outplayed every night, and Quenneville had restricted their ice time to three or four minutes a game for many nights.   

This is when I started the thread.

Bowman this year has done a much better job at finding physical players who can play 10 minutes/game and stick up for the stars when needed.   The lineup is much bigger this year, and the team is not getting pushed around.  

To pretend physicality and intimidation is not a part of this game is naive.

Edited by mvr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LordKOTL said on 4 hours ago:

I'd take an actual NHL player's insight over your common message board poster's insight...just sayin'

That quite a statement to make on a message board...just sayin’

mvr said on 3 hours ago:

The players' wishes should always be considered.

If they (or the coach) perceive the need for  physical players, the general manager should pay attention.  

The problem is that Bowman does not value this role.   He appeases the players and coach by acquiring very marginal physical "talent."   The general manager has a fetish for 160 pound perimeter forwards who skate well but never stand in front of the net.

By January of last year, most of us recognized that Tootoo and Desjardins were no longer NHL material.   The fourth line was being outplayed every night, and Quenneville had restricted their ice time to three or four minutes a game for many nights.   

This is when I started the thread.

Bowman this year has done a much better job at finding physical players who can play 10 minutes/game and stick up for the stars when needed.   The lineup is much bigger this year, and the team is not getting pushed around.  

To pretend physicality and intimidation is not a part of this game is naive.

No one was intimidated by Jordin Tootoo. No one. 

The Blackhawks 4th line players have more talent this year but in reality there was no way to go but up. 

Puckjim said on 10 minutes ago:

No one was intimidated by Jordin Tootoo. No one. 

The Blackhawks 4th line players have more talent this year but in reality there was no way to go but up. 

Is that last sentence a half baked compliment to SB😜

iknowpuck said on 34 minutes ago:

Is that last sentence a half baked compliment to SB😜

Or a hat tip to dumb luck

Puckjim said on 1 hour ago:

That quite a statement to make on a message board...just sayin’

Hey, I know where I stand in all this and have no delusions of grandeur.  If I had any real hockey knowledge and was actually any good at it I'd be working for the Blackhawks...not posting on their message board...just like everyone else here.

Edited by LordKOTL
  • Like 2

LordKOTL said on 14 minutes ago:

Hey, I know where I stand in all this and have no delusions of grandeur.  I I had any real hockey knowledge and was actually any good at it I'd be working for the Blackhawks...not posting on their message board...just like everyone else here.

At least we know the tie that binds