The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
shidler007

Patrick Kane

I'm sick of Kane and his 3 point nights. He's gonna end up leading the gawd Dman league again, and we're trying to trade the little bastrd. 7 points in last 3 games, things that make ya go hmmmmm!!!

• Upvote 2

Big-T said on 27 minutes ago:

I'm sick of Kane and his 3 point nights. He's gonna end up leading the gawd Dman league again, and we're trying to trade the little bastrd. 7 points in last 3 games, things that make ya go hmmmmm!!!

He is knocking on the door for lead league in assists and points.....guess he is going to get a big payday on that next contract ;)

His trade value has really shot up. #eyetest

Edited by Puckjim
  • Upvote 1

Icaddiedforstosh said on 34 minutes ago:

16 points last 12 games

We want goals. Who cares if he creates tap in opportunities and sets up bread. All in purple :-)

jaty84 said on 25 minutes ago:

We want goals. Who cares if he creates tap in opportunities and sets up bread. All in purple :-)

Breadman's been slicing things up himself....

18 points last 14 games

(7g, 11a  ......4a from Kane)

Ask any kid what he wants to be when he grows up, they'll tell ya....."I wanna be Artem Anisimov"

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 13 hours ago:

So let's leave out his teammates who create the time and space for him to do his fancy thing? And just because he has awards and points still does not make him a good 2 way player. He is decent when he gives effort but the effort has been lacking this season except on occasion.Why does everybody avoid responding to this question because that was the reason about the trade talk. You keep on about the cap and if it came to trading a core player to keep Panarin especially when talking about Buffalo in the trade Kane would bring a better return and free up more cap space. And Panarin is a better 2 way player. How much points drop would we see if Hossa was put on the 2nd line? Now before you go on about how it would affect the 1st line which is not what I asked answer truthfully if you think it would be that much of a drop. And I also see the 2nd line being stronger defensively.

• Upvote 1

Puckjim said on 12 hours ago:

His trade value has really shot up. #eyetest

#Ilovestats. Funny thing about stats and how they are awarded. What one may deem a hit another one doesn't. What one may deem a shot on goal another one doesn't. Stats do not block shots nor redirect pucks into the net. They do not ice the puck nor break sticks. Thanks but I'll stick to my #eyetest as I don't allow awards nor stats to blur my vision.

Creature1958 said on 21 minutes ago:

So let's leave out his teammates who create the time and space for him to do his fancy thing? And just because he has awards and points still does not make him a good 2 way player. He is decent when he gives effort but the effort has been lacking this season except on occasion.Why does everybody avoid responding to this question because that was the reason about the trade talk. You keep on about the cap and if it came to trading a core player to keep Panarin especially when talking about Buffalo in the trade Kane would bring a better return and free up more cap space. And Panarin is a better 2 way player. How much points drop would we see if Hossa was put on the 2nd line? Now before you go on about how it would affect the 1st line which is not what I asked answer truthfully if you think it would be that much of a drop. And I also see the 2nd line being stronger defensively.

Because you have not provided one scintilla of evidence to back up your asserstion that Kane is not a good two way player, or that Panarin is.

• Upvote 1

Kane's two-way play is driven primarily by the threat of him getting behind the oppositions defense quickly.   This is due to the lack of the two-line pass.  

With his wheels, there have been plenty of times where he has also disrupted the play near the blue line.

He is not going to be crashing players into the boards, playing below the circles, or going behind the net.   Not need to with the type of player he is, so his two-way play is non-traditional and more strategic.

Puckjim said on 5 hours ago:

Because you have not provided one scintilla of evidence to back up your asserstion that Kane is not a good two way player, or that Panarin is.

You with all this hockey knowledge? OPEN YOUR EYES. Wayne Gretzky was not a good 2 way player but as you see it has many awards and a HHOF. Still does not take away the fact they are crappy 2 way players. Give me the awards and all your stats but every person who knows hockey will tell you to your face Kane is not a 2 way player PERIOD. And stats will never bring that to light #eyetest.

I can go on and on about all the WORTHLESS players you have said play in the NHL and that alone speaks volumes. You believe 4th line players should be top 6 players yet they are only there to play a role.

Edited by Creature1958

Creature1958 said on 15 minutes ago:

You with all this hockey knowledge? OPEN YOUR EYES. Wayne Gretzky was not a good 2 way player but as you see it has many awards and a HHOF. Still does not take away the fact they are crappy 2 way players. Give me the awards and all your stats but every person who knows hockey will tell you to your face Kane is not a 2 way player PERIOD. And stats will never bring that to light #eyetest.

I can go on and on about all the WORTHLESS players you have said play in the NHL and that alone speaks volumes. You believe 4th line players should be top 6 players yet they are only there to play a role.

No, I just believe that many accepted 4th line "roles" are stupid.

Puckjim said on 6 minutes ago:

No, I just believe that many accepted 4th line "roles" are stupid.

Then why have a 4th line? What is their role? Surely not to shut down the oppositions top line is it? Oh that's right these worthless players never win points awards !!!! Who needs them???? :blink:

This is getting ridiculous, Pat Kane is what he is, a pure offensive player with an incredible talent with the puck, Kane is not known for his two way play and never has been. He has the occasional back check and when he is in the defensive zone the opponent knows he is around which creates a different game plan is case of turnovers. Now I get the love affair with Panarin, another great offensive player, but to even suggest trading Kane before Panarin is downright silly. When we see breadman win a conn smyth or a Hart trophy then maybe and only maybe could this even become a topic of conversation. Yeah Kaner has a huge cap hit, but once again he is leading the team is scoring, he is one constant in generating offense through the years and in reality the team maybe bottom dwellers without him, because we all know as good as a two player Toews is, 7 goals wont get you far in winning games.

• Upvote 1

Creature1958 said on 6 hours ago:

#Ilovestats. Funny thing about stats and how they are awarded. What one may deem a hit another one doesn't. What one may deem a shot on goal another one doesn't. Stats do not block shots nor redirect pucks into the net. They do not ice the puck nor break sticks. Thanks but I'll stick to my #eyetest as I don't allow awards nor stats to blur my vision.

And Jim here is my evidence that you wanted. #eyetest over #Ilove stats. Show me one game stats have won. Run child and play your NHL 16

hawkinmontreal said on Just now:

This is getting ridiculous, Pat Kane is what he is, a pure offensive player with an incredible talent with the puck, Kane is not known for his two way play and never has been. He has the occasional back check and when he is in the defensive zone the opponent knows he is around which creates a different game plan is case of turnovers. Now I get the love affair with Panarin, another great offensive player, but to even suggest trading Kane before Panarin is downright silly. When we see breadman win a conn smyth or a Hart trophy then maybe and only maybe could this even become a topic of conversation. Yeah Kaner has a huge cap hit, but once again he is leading the team is scoring, he is one constant in generating offense through the years and in reality the team maybe bottom dwellers without him, because we all know as good as a two player Toews is, 7 goals wont get you far in winning games.

And how many players have been given the same pass as Kane since his arrival?  Look I get your love affair and have never stated Kane was bad offensively but you are in denial if you want to bring his offensive play into his defensive play. Let's put it like this. Toews has been given players to accompany his play but has never backed away from being a 2 way player. Kane has been afforded the same but with lesser results. Kane during those times worked a bit harder back checking and playing a 2 way game. Last year he got 2 amazing players and lit up the league. You going to tell me he's playing the same this year? Toews is Toews and one of the best CENTERS in the NHL who plays a 2 way game and I would take him over Kane for the next 50 years. Kane has been afforded a luxury being on this team with this system and doubt that he would do the same on another team.

• Upvote 2

Lets get this right creature, I have a love affair for Kane simply because I stated that I would keep him on my team over Panarin. I dont think its a love affair as much as its your own opinion on the reasons why you dont like Pat Kane. 

The funny thing is Pat Kane may not be lighting it up like he did last year but he still leads this current Hawks team in scoring and the team currently sits in first place. 

To go on and say that Kane would not excel on another team because the team allows him to play the way he wants is bull. Like it or dont like it, he is a top 5 offensive player in the league so get over it.

I get you would choose Tazer over Kaner, thats fine, but dont be ridiculous, and if you actually read what I wrote, I stated Kane was never considered a 2 way player and I never said anything about his offensive play in relation to his defensive play. We all see things differently, but that doesnt make it a love affair.

Creetch, I didn't really understand you overall question? I was the one saying to trade Panera if he wasn't affordable, we'll he is for two years. And my eye test knows that Kane's best defensive game is his offensive game. His line keeps the opposition hemmed in their zone for almost every shift he's on the ice. And the "Attack zone" stat really backs that up. I just don't expect 82 games of 3 points per game. Kane averages a point per game and I'm cool with him and his salary. Would it be nice if he made a wee bit less to help out? No, it would be nice for the cap to go up!!!

• Upvote 2

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 22 hours ago:

He is knocking on the door for lead league in assists and points.....guess he is going to get a big payday on that next contract ;)

He's gonna cake out his next deal, my guess is an 8 year 96 million deal with a full NMC!!!

Creature1958 said on 4 hours ago:

And Jim here is my evidence that you wanted. #eyetest over #Ilove stats. Show me one game stats have won. Run child and play your NHL 16

That's your idea of evidence? 

It's barely English. 

Just pondering... if he keeps going at the rate he is for the next 7-10 seasons or so we are probably looking at the guy who will go down as the greatest American player in NHL history as well as the highest scoring Blackhawks player of all time... right?

• Upvote 2

Creature while I agree with you on Kane not being a 2 way player he is what he is. I also think he wasn't giving his best effort getting back on D after a turnover but if hes saving himself for the playoffs I can understand that. I also posted that the Hawks could not let Panarin go no matter what but trading Kane is not an option. He's a magician out there with the puck and it wouldn't be nearly as fun being a Hawks fan without him:)