The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
shidler007

Patrick Kane

Big-T said on On 12/31/2016 at 4:24 PM:

We must have a lot of people in fantasy hockey on here. Cuz there's really no reason to be mad at Toews or Kane. The team is a top 3-5 team in the NHL, and it's filled with rookies. I think we should be happy about that. And I have Kane and Panera in my hockey pool. Kane could be a wee bit better, but Panera could be worse. It all averages out. We're still watching good hockey!!!

Can we be disappointed at their game this year? Are we allowed to express that or do we need to get new TV's and a ****ton of carrots because some have seen things differently? I know they can flip a switch at anytime and play differently if and when they want but at this point there is no fire in them. Kane's effort is barely there and Captain Serious is MIA it's what I see from this year vs. the past years. Am I worried? No I know they can change the effort tomorrow but to deny that the fire in their bellies is but a flicker at this point is nonsense. Yeah they have been playing good. Good that's it just good why? Is it the WC and the division is not all that it was cracked up to be that they are just skating by and resting? They played better at the beginning of the year knowing that every point was going to count and they played better than good. Then the points started to accumulate and they were sitting on top. What happened? I see a team resting on it's laurels with little effort given each night from it's top players. Again am I worried? No just saying what I'm seeing but still wait for someone to say that they have seen Captain Serious and Kane the wonder boy so far this year.

Creature1958 said on 1 hour ago:

Can we be disappointed at their game this year? Are we allowed to express that or do we need to get new TV's and a ****ton of carrots because some have seen things differently? I know they can flip a switch at anytime and play differently if and when they want but at this point there is no fire in them. Kane's effort is barely there and Captain Serious is MIA it's what I see from this year vs. the past years. Am I worried? No I know they can change the effort tomorrow but to deny that the fire in their bellies is but a flicker at this point is nonsense. Yeah they have been playing good. Good that's it just good why? Is it the WC and the division is not all that it was cracked up to be that they are just skating by and resting? They played better at the beginning of the year knowing that every point was going to count and they played better than good. Then the points started to accumulate and they were sitting on top. What happened? I see a team resting on it's laurels with little effort given each night from it's top players. Again am I worried? No just saying what I'm seeing but still wait for someone to say that they have seen Captain Serious and Kane the wonder boy so far this year.

To quote you: " I would trade Kane to Buffalo and stop the silly nonsense of trading Toews to Winnipeg or Toronto. It's a no brainer and Kane would surely accept that trade."

Sounds like someone worrying to me....

Puckjim said on 1 hour ago:

To quote you: " I would trade Kane to Buffalo and stop the silly nonsense of trading Toews to Winnipeg or Toronto. It's a no brainer and Kane would surely accept that trade."

Sounds like someone worrying to me....

And that all had to do with Panarin. Reading comprehension I see is not a strong suit of yours. If it came down to either keeping Kane or Panarin in a trade with Buffalo which was proposed I would trade Kane over Panarin. Reading the trade scenerio's of Toews was amusing but silly as I would also keep Toews over Kane. So there you have it....My opinions are I would rather keep two way players over a one dimensional player. And I don't need a ****ton of carrots or a new TV to make that decision for me.

• Upvote 1

And that all had to do with Panarin. Reading comprehension I see is not a strong suit of yours. If it came down to either keeping Kane or Panarin in a trade with Buffalo which was proposed I would trade Kane over Panarin. Reading the trade scenerio's of Toews was amusing but silly as I would also keep Toews over Kane. So there you have it....My opinions are I would rather keep two way players over a one dimensional player. And I don't need a ****ton of carrots or a new TV to make that decision for me.

Trading the reigning MVP and HHOF player in his prime over a second year player would result in the Blackhawks getting the biggest screw job in the history of sports.

Please....keep the comedy coming.

Enough with the Kane and Toews trade talk, to even consider such is ridiculous. For everything those 2 players have done for this team I am sure as fans we can cut them some slack.

Edited by hawkinmontreal
  • Upvote 4

It could be anything wrong with them, could be fatigue, mentally and or physically. Not many guys have played that amount of hockey. And after so much of it, they just don't have the drive at the moment. Change brings uncertainty, and we've had a lot of change, the defense has been holding the team in, as the Hawks usually don't fall far behind in a game, they usually lead and blow it or hold on. And the games that their down 3-1 or so, it's basically curtains. We have to come to the realization that this may not be the year. Usually after a cap purge, it takes another year or two to get the certainty back. And when they do get it back, their good for a a couple Cup runs. It's probably not our year!!!

Puckjim said on 19 hours ago:

Trading the reigning MVP and HHOF player in his prime over a second year player would result in the Blackhawks getting the biggest screw job in the history of sports.

Please....keep the comedy coming.

You act as it has never happened before. But tell me where has that MVP and FUTURE HHOF (he ain't there yet now is he?) been this year? Still basking in all his glory?

^^^ as frustrating as it is seeing Kane struggle to put pucks in the net, he is 5th in the league in assists and T-10th in points, so we're still getting elite offensive output.

And let's be honest, on at least 8 of the combined Panarin/Anisimov goals, his passes were elite-level stuff that made their goals possible.

I think we all have to acknowledge that as league MVP he has a big target on his back... teams are smothering him more than normal making his shooting lanes narrower and disappearing fast... 

Maybe we will see the defenses change soon, but teams thus far would definitely prefer Panarin shoot or to let Anisimov have space in front of their goalie to letting Kane fire his shot.

• Upvote 2

Gawd Dman Kane. Only gets 3 points tonight and a winner. At least his trade value went up!!!

• Upvote 4

Big-T said on 8 minutes ago:

Gawd Dman Kane. Only gets 3 points tonight and a winner. At least his trade value went up!!!

HA!  Trade him to Buffalo for Eichel and Ristolainen... and of course Evander Kane... then make sure E. Kane wears 88 so all the fans with 88 Kane jerseys don't get too angry since they get to still wear their jerseys

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 15 minutes ago:

and he had a pretty good backcheck in the first while the hawks were powerplaying.

ill say it again....it was kane and it was a backcheck!

:P

• Upvote 2

MERPER said on 12 minutes ago:

HA!  Trade him to Buffalo for Eichel and Ristolainen... and of course Evander Kane... then make sure E. Kane wears 88 so all the fans with 88 Kane jerseys don't get too angry since they get to still wear their jerseys

You'd have to really think hard if they offered that, especially with appealing to fans about #88. I'd like to see how many of those "suits" actually would figure it out, you know, half the 100 section!!!

• Upvote 2

Big-T said on 12 hours ago:

Wow Kane had a good game against a bottom feeder in the EC hold on while I go do a happy dance.

• Upvote 1

MERPER said on 19 hours ago:

^^^ as frustrating as it is seeing Kane struggle to put pucks in the net, he is 5th in the league in assists and T-10th in points, so we're still getting elite offensive output.

And let's be honest, on at least 8 of the combined Panarin/Anisimov goals, his passes were elite-level stuff that made their goals possible.

I think we all have to acknowledge that as league MVP he has a big target on his back... teams are smothering him more than normal making his shooting lanes narrower and disappearing fast... 

Maybe we will see the defenses change soon, but teams thus far would definitely prefer Panarin shoot or to let Anisimov have space in front of their goalie to letting Kane fire his shot.

OK, who kidnapped Merp?  Somebody call 9-1-1!

• Upvote 3

Wow Kane had a good game against a bottom feeder in the EC hold on while I go do a happy dance.

bottom feeder or not, they needed it or they lose... he won them the game

• Upvote 2

MERPER said on 1 hour ago:

bottom feeder or not, they needed it or they lose... he won them the game

I wouldn't consider Buffalo a bottom feeder. They have just as good of an offence as our Hawks, Eichel, O'Reilly, Okposo, Reinhart etc, they just need better D and they'll contend soon enough!!!

• Upvote 2

Big-T said on 23 minutes ago:

I wouldn't consider Buffalo a bottom feeder. They have just as good of an offence as our Hawks, Eichel, O'Reilly, Okposo, Reinhart etc, they just need better D and they'll contend soon enough!!!

Not sure if that offense is good as Kane, Towes, Hossa, Panarin, Anisimov, at least on a paper. 

There's plenty of parity...

Hard to get too upset dropping these "gimmie games"

There's only 3 teams in the league under .500 right now....and the Sabres are just 1 game under.

The only 2 real crap teams are Arizona and Colorado.

Whole nother half to play, we'll see if the cream rises

• Upvote 2

irmaks said on 14 minutes ago:

Not sure if that offense is good as Kane, Towes, Hossa, Panarin, Anisimov, at least on a paper. 

We have 3 guys that are going pretty good right now, they 3-4 guys goin pretty good right now. Reinhart is the real deal, Eichel is killing it since missing 15 games. I just don't think Buffalo is a bottom feeder. Most of their losses came when Eichel was out!!!

Big-T said on 2 hours ago:

Gee everybody wants me to go by stats because my eyes are so bad and the one stat that sticks out to me is where they sit in the EC. :D

Back to Kane....

He make look a bit off, esp finding the back of the net. But as Merp pointed out he's setting up AA with some pretty sweet tap-ins

AA is now the 7th leading goal-scorer in the NHL...that bad wrist has healed, he's the center Kane has needed....

At his price point, he's taking some of the sting out of losing Saad

• Upvote 4

Icaddiedforstosh said on 37 minutes ago:

Back to Kane....

He make look a bit off, esp finding the back of the net. But as Merp pointed out he's setting up AA with some pretty sweet tap-ins

AA is now the 7th leading goal-scorer in the NHL...that bad wrist has healed, he's the center Kane has needed....

At his price point, he's taking some of the sting out of losing Saad

AA's been outstanding all over the ice,gettin' the puck right on your tape when you're open in front doesn't hurt either.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Upvote 4

hsbob said on 58 minutes ago:

AA's been outstanding all over the ice,gettin' the puck right on your tape when you're open in front doesn't hurt either.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

I am not saying this to downplay Anisimov, so please nobody rip into me for that. He has been outstanding this year.

I went back and watched his goals today and I counted 5 where the pass from Kane was so great and so on point I think a vast majority of members on this board could have scored the goal in that situation.

Again, I am not taking anything away from AA. He has far exceeded my hopes for him and is a nominee for team MVP this season. Just sayin'.

• Upvote 3

MERPER said on 11 hours ago:

I am not saying this to downplay Anisimov, so please nobody rip into me for that. He has been outstanding this year.

I went back and watched his goals today and I counted 5 where the pass from Kane was so great and so on point I think a vast majority of members on this board could have scored the goal in that situation.

Again, I am not taking anything away from AA. He has far exceeded my hopes for him and is a nominee for team MVP this season. Just sayin'.

We're basically sayin' the same thing MERP,AA's easily been the best return we've seen from all of the cap casualties and his all around game is stellar. Kane's been an elite passer in the league for years and one of it's best money players as well,it also helps having line mates that know what to do when they find the puck on their tape.

AA was off to a big start last year too and I wondered what happened in the 2nd half............I stopped wonderin' after they announced wrist surgery the day after the Blues series came to a painful end. The big Russian center has a great attitude and work ethic and I like the way he quietly goes about his business,5 more and he sets a career high for goals without a hint of a drop off in his two way game.

I thought we coulda saw how he fit in before his re-do but I've learned to let some things play out and in this case they've played out pretty well!

GO HAWKS!!!!!  

• Upvote 3