The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
shidler007

Patrick Kane

vadarx said on On 11/24/2017 at 9:09 PM:

I'll take the goal pictured in my avatar over that one, but it's right up there! 

probably bias cuz of my hatred of Detroit, though. which, funny enough, is where I was at when 88 scored that goal. 

can't recall if I have posted this before or not... I was in a bar in downtown Detroit (post Metallica-fest) that night, maybe 30 people there. I was one of a very few watching the game and surely the only person rooting for us... anyway, the sound was off, jukebox playing. 88 takes the pass from The Captain and puts it home and at that exact moment the song stopped... and also in that exact moment I let out a loud roar (in a perfectly silent bar) followed by a slow very loud clap... and then RATM "Testify" came on... 

my buddy still laughs about it. someone was not happy that we won there and started to say something as he turned to look in my direction and then when he realized I was already looking right at him and he shut his mouth. my buddy was laughing at my slow clap, he says to this day that I was just twisting the knife, but I just have naturally loud clap. had an ex that would actually get angry at games cuz I would give her a headache with my clapping...

it was an outstanding ending to that series. 

That's awesome. Love Rage. In 2010, they'd play Testify pre-game with the lights out during the playoffs -- it got me so pumped.

Both of those goals are good -- and I'm obviously biased since I was there -- but I'll take Kane's GTG/Hoss' GWG in less-than-a-minute-5-on-5-with-goalie-pulled/OT-after-a-4-min-PK goal game. Effing epic. I still have intense drunken arguments about which goal is better with my buddy, who was at the Detroit game.

• Like 1

Granada said on 1 hour ago:

That's awesome. Love Rage. In 2010, they'd play Testify pre-game with the lights out during the playoffs -- it got me so pumped.

Both of those goals are good -- and I'm obviously biased since I was there -- but I'll take Kane's GTG/Hoss' GWG in less-than-a-minute-5-on-5-with-goalie-pulled/OT-after-a-4-min-PK goal game. Effing epic. I still have intense drunken arguments about which goal is better with my buddy, who was at the Detroit game.

yessir! awesome song, always get me fired up when I hear it. 

pretty good argument there. I would state that both of those games were the wins that let me know we were going all the way. I knew once we won both of those games that no way was anyone going to beat either of those teams. 

on a side note, I almost bought tickets for that game 5 the night before the game but decided to save my money for later rounds... still pissed I didn't go to that one!

• Like 1

vadarx said on 30 minutes ago:

yessir! awesome song, always get me fired up when I hear it. 

pretty good argument there. I would state that both of those games were the wins that let me know we were going all the way. I knew once we won both of those games that no way was anyone going to beat either of those teams. 

on a side note, I almost bought tickets for that game 5 the night before the game but decided to save my money for later rounds... still pissed I didn't go to that one!

Ouch -- that's rough. That was by far the greatest NHL (and just sporting event in general) I've ever witnessed.

Yeah, I literally said "we're winning the Cup" on the car ride home from that game to my buddies. I remember the ticket was only $40 (for 300 level, but still). I remember being bummed about being at the East end....that ended up being a perfect view of the OT goal.

I know the Detroit one was epic in the sense that, we finally beat Detroit, and right before they left the conference -- but I don't know, that game against Nashville en route to the first Cup in 47 years, and the way they did (with the goalie pulled, 5-on-5, 4 minute PK that we wouldn't have been able to complete without John Madden, but I digress) trumps it for me. Also, that Detroit game should have never went to OT -- bull zit call by the ref on that play that negated the Hammer goal; so if you factor that, it's just another series win, really.

Granada said on 28 minutes ago:

Ouch -- that's rough. That was by far the greatest NHL (and just sporting event in general) I've ever witnessed.

Yeah, I literally said "we're winning the Cup" on the car ride home from that game to my buddies. I remember the ticket was only $40 (for 300 level, but still). I remember being bummed about being at the East end....that ended up being a perfect view of the OT goal.

I know the Detroit one was epic in the sense that, we finally beat Detroit, and right before they left the conference -- but I don't know, that game against Nashville en route to the first Cup in 47 years, and the way they did (with the goalie pulled, 5-on-5, 4 minute PK that we wouldn't have been able to complete without John Madden, but I digress) trumps it for me. Also, that Detroit game should have never went to OT -- bull zit call by the ref on that play that negated the Hammer goal; so if you factor that, it's just another series win, really.

Lol, I said the same to the ex after that game! I knew something special was coming after that. 

well, you gotta factor it in. i have been to plenty of sporting events where the home crowd was angry with the officials, but i have never felt like i did that night. i would've feared for their safety if we had lost that one.

plus, it was frickin Detroit. it wasn't just a series win, it was an exorcism of demons. 

• Like 1

Fair enough, although the 47 year Cup drought was a tougher demon to exorcise in my view, not to mention the circumstances of each individual game/situation (multiple monumental obstacles to overcome being down a goal compared to the one blown ref call being tied; monumental, no doubt, but singular). Either way, the debate "rages" on...

Granada said on 23 minutes ago:

Fair enough, although the 47 year Cup drought was a tougher demon to exorcise in my view, not to mention the circumstances of each individual game/situation (multiple monumental obstacles to overcome being down a goal compared to the one blown ref call being tied; monumental, no doubt, but singular). Either way, the debate "rages" on...

3 games to 1, so finishing that come back off was nice.  but, yeah, as I said in my first post, I am probably bias due to my extreme dislike for the wangs...

also, dude, it was 49 years....😜

vadarx said on 29 minutes ago:

3 games to 1, so finishing that come back off was nice.  but, yeah, as I said in my first post, I am probably bias due to my extreme dislike for the wangs...

Damnit, where's Eddy and his abacus when you need him...

vadarx said on 4 hours ago:

In those 49 years there were many dislikes but sorry the Wangs don't come close to the North Stars as most hated. The Maple Leafs and Blues were more hated in the 80's than the Dead Wings as they were called back then.Detroit and the Joe have always been a blast to visit and you could rib each other with no foul unlike the Met or Checkerdome where you best be prepared to defend yourself and carry bail money. Anyway those were some great memories in those 49 years.

Creature1958 said on 5 hours ago:

In those 49 years there were many dislikes but sorry the Wangs don't come close to the North Stars as most hated. The Maple Leafs and Blues were more hated in the 80's than the Dead Wings as they were called back then.Detroit and the Joe have always been a blast to visit and you could rib each other with no foul unlike the Met or Checkerdome where you best be prepared to defend yourself and carry bail money. Anyway those were some great memories in those 49 years.

hey, some of us aren't that old...😜

also, I grew up in MI a Chicago fan and lived in "the D" for while, including the 08 and 09 runs... lots of wangs fans giving me ish growing up. thus, while I have 0 doubt their fans are anywhere near as bad as the blows fans in st loo, they still are number 1 on my dislike list...

vadarx said on 11 hours ago:

hey, some of us aren't that old...😜

also, I grew up in MI a Chicago fan and lived in "the D" for while, including the 08 and 09 runs... lots of wangs fans giving me ish growing up. thus, while I have 0 doubt their fans are anywhere near as bad as the blows fans in st loo, they still are number 1 on my dislike list...

Well maybe that is why they would not give me ish is because I am old and could bring up the Dead Wings and shove it in their face :D

Anyway always had a good time in Detroit and met a few people who became close friends. Even went to the WS in 84 when the Tigers won it figured it would be the only WS I get to see in my life. Not sure if it is even still open but the owner of Mr. Joe's Bar gave me an ashtray back then to take home and still have it.

Creature1958 said on On 11/28/2017 at 11:54 AM:

Well maybe that is why they would not give me ish is because I am old and could bring up the Dead Wings and shove it in their face :D

Anyway always had a good time in Detroit and met a few people who became close friends. Even went to the WS in 84 when the Tigers won it figured it would be the only WS I get to see in my life. Not sure if it is even still open but the owner of Mr. Joe's Bar gave me an ashtray back then to take home and still have it.

nice. I couldn't tell ya. I moved outta there to Chicago fall of 09... good timing, eh?

never had a bad time a the Joe, either. fans at least not for 'hawks games. college game might be a different story....

I was pretty young while the dead wings were going on, but I know of the history and I've always used that as ammo when dumbarse wang fans start talking about bandwagon fans....

Edited by vadarx

galaxytrash said on 59 minutes ago:

kane got dinged 5000$ for this slash yesterday.

Good for Kane, the initial slash from Ritchie was uncalled for and should of been called right away.

• Like 1

hawkinmontreal said on 1 minute ago:

Good for Kane, the initial slash from Ritchie was uncalled for and should of been called right away.

ritchie was born to be a duckie.

he ticks all the boxes for being a low grade p.o.s.

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 2 minutes ago:

ritchie was born to be a duckie.

he ticks all the boxes for being a low grade p.o.s.

I agree Galaxy, I would of liked To see boom boom Bouma give him a nice hello.

Edited by hawkinmontreal

galaxytrash said on 1 hour ago:

And I presume no punishment for Ritchie?

glenhall said on 6 minutes ago:

they both got 2 minutes but that was the only punishment for the duckie.

2 games in a row for 88... hopefully he just gets fined again, although I don't think it was intentional to hit him in the head

glenhall said on 12 hours ago:

I predict eternal damnation for what he did to Roszival last year!LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 15 hours ago:

He should be fined 10 million for missing all those open net chances last night :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Evander Kane currently has 3 more goals than Patrick Kane.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd write almost 30 games into a season.

(I still think Kane will finish with more goals but when I saw that tonight it caught me by surprise).

MERPER said on 6 hours ago:

Evander Kane currently has 3 more goals than Patrick Kane.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd write almost 30 games into a season.

(I still think Kane will finish with more goals but when I saw that tonight it caught me by surprise).

Contract year for E Kane, he’s gonna light it up!!!

OldTimeHawky said on 22 hours ago:

Congrats Kane on passing Wilson for 5th in points in franchise history. 

For those wondering, this is what the top 10 looks like:

2. Bobby Hull* 1153
3. Denis Savard* 1096
4. Steve Larmer 923
5. Patrick Kane 781
6. Doug Wilson 779
7. Jonathan Toews 642
8. Dennis Hull 640
9. Pit Martin 627
10. Jeremy Roenick 596

Wow some numbers there.......really adds its own perspective big picture type deal .....Stunning ....Kaner has to put in another 10 years .......Kaner is around the halfway point...if he is driving to Vegas he is still in Nebraska .....yea no...Overwhelming big picture numbers ....

1467/2=733.5   Current points 781.....Kaner has to play the same amount of time as he has played thus far to overtake Stan Mikita 

Edited by PuckProphet