The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
shidler007

Patrick Kane

Seriously?  This is your first post?  I Know I am not around here much these days...but catch me up.  Did you just now start watching hockey?

• Upvote 4

It was an unusual nite for kaner...with the puck he was fine.....when he didn't have the puck he looked off by his standards......

Seabs....ive been critical on his play this year.....he is either hurt or has dropped a few steps this year......

JohnE said on 7 hours ago:

Seriously?  This is your first post?  I Know I am not around here much these days...but catch me up.  Did you just now start watching hockey?

Welcome to BHB 2.0 my friend...........where 1st place just won't do!

It's never easy for any team to reach the promised land and it won't be easy for the Hawks this year if it happens either.............nothin' worth having is ever easy!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 5

Um... OP - wrong 10.5 million player. Toews is the one who sucks - not Kane. 

Kane won the Art Ross - he is forever untouchable. lol.

Seriously though - I don't think he's playing his best hockey at the moment - but Patrick Kane is a game changer and he's shown that. They've played less than thirty games and not gotten points in 8 of them. No one else in the west has won 16 games yet the this season. Its a marathon not a sprint. 

Come back and complain (if it warrants it) in April. 

Oh and Brent Seabrook is a great d man and he has shown that in the regular season and post. Just like Toews and just like Kane. Their 3 Cups are not a fluke and none of them have ever been passengers. And as far as Seabs being full of awe - I don't personally know him - but he doesn't seem the type to be that in awe of other people since he's a pretty great guy himself in his own right.  But you never know. You could be correct about that. And probably to like the greats - of the game that he is surrounded with and has met. 

• Upvote 1

hsbob said on 3 hours ago:

Welcome to BHB 2.0 my friend...........where 1st place just won't do!

It's never easy for any team to reach the promised land and it won't be easy for the Hawks this year if it happens either.............nothin' worth having is ever easy!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

2.0? Don't remember 1.0 being much different   = X

Granted, he didn't have a good game last night (which is okay to admit, well, at least to some around here) and that penalty was atrocious, but nonetheless, he's one of the best players in the league.

Try making your arguments more specific and less broad.

Granada said on 10 minutes ago:

Granted, he didn't have a good game last night (which is okay to admit, well, at least to some around here) and that penalty was atrocious, but nonetheless, he's one of the best players in the league.

Try making your arguments more specific and less broad.

Yes, that penalty was atrocious and due to laziness.  But, more importantly, is Kane playing as well offensively as he did last year and I am not asking that just based on his point total?  To me, he does not appear to be dominating play with his moves like he did last year.  Last year, he was absolutely fascinating to watch.  He does not seem the same so far this year.  Maybe the other teams are simply always managing to get their best dmen on the ice since the other lines pose little threat.  I do notice that Kane gets stripped of the puck more often than he did last year and that may be due to the quality of the dmen he is playing.

On the other hand, maybe he is just as productive/dominating as last year and I just don't see it. 

The Blackhawks have only one line that can score.

It's pretty easy for the other team to defend a one-line team.

It's amazing his scoring is what it is.

• Upvote 2

Puckjim said on 3 hours ago:

The Blackhawks have only one line that can score.

It's pretty easy for the other team to defend a one-line team.

It's amazing his scoring is what it is.

Shows how special Kane/Panarin truly are. Teams are just loading up against that line right now, they have absolutely nowhere to move, esp. when they have the puck.

At least 4 times last night when Kane got the puck, 4 Jets were surrounding him. Twice, all 5 guys were within a 6-foot radius of him. I don't care if you're Wayne Gretzky, if another team is blanketing you like that you aren't doing much.

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 1 hour ago:

Looks like someone started a thread, with their first post, who does not want to post under their normal name.....

"There's a leak inside, it's real man! Smoke him out!"

-Billy Costigan, The Departed

• Upvote 1

MERPER said on 45 minutes ago:

Shows how special Kane/Panarin truly are. Teams are just loading up against that line right now, they have absolutely nowhere to move, esp. when they have the puck.

At least 4 times last night when Kane got the puck, 4 Jets were surrounding him. Twice, all 5 guys were within a 6-foot radius of him. I don't care if you're Wayne Gretzky, if another team is blanketing you like that you aren't doing much.

Is that going to change much when Toews gets back?  I guess it will depend on how Toews/Hossa do as a team. 

MERPER said on 48 minutes ago:

Hey MERPS!  A few years ago during the playoffs while Kaner was in a rare goal drought, remember what he did?  Went to the net and jammed in a rebound.  Got the schnide off his back and helped him help the team.  Sometimes even playmakers like him need to get dirty, maybe even bloody and fight harder for that goal.

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 10 minutes ago:

Hey MERPS!  A few years ago during the playoffs while Kaner was in a rare goal drought, remember what he did?  Went to the net and jammed in a rebound.  Got the schnide off his back and helped him help the team.  Sometimes even playmakers like him need to get dirty, maybe even bloody and fight harder for that goal.

Pretty sure I remember him going to the goal and potting a sick deflection of a Duncan Keith shot vs Kings just over a week ago...

MERPER said on Just now:

Pretty sure I remember him going to the goal and potting a sick deflection of a Duncan Keith shot vs Kings just over a week ago...

Well, there you have it...!

• Upvote 1

jacksalmon said on 16 minutes ago:

Is that going to change much when Toews gets back?  I guess it will depend on how Toews/Hossa do as a team. 

Point is, teams at least have to respect a Toews/Hossa line. They can't load up their 5 best vs 1 line. Play lesser players against Toews/Hossa and they are bound to make you pay.

Hossa, despite having a good year, isn't striking fear into opponents with Hartman/Hinostroza. For all the new love for Hinostroza around here the kid hasn't produced a single point in anything but 1 game. 1 game. 

MERPER said on 9 minutes ago:

Point is, teams at least have to respect a Toews/Hossa line. They can't load up their 5 best vs 1 line. Play lesser players against Toews/Hossa and they are bound to make you pay.

Hossa, despite having a good year, isn't striking fear into opponents with Hartman/Hinostroza. For all the new love for Hinostroza around here the kid hasn't produced a single point in anything but 1 game. 1 game. 

That line needs to add Hjalmarsson somehow.  You know, 4H...

I'm waiting BIB!

• Upvote 1

MERPER said on 17 minutes ago:

Hossa, despite having a good year, isn't striking fear into opponents with Hartman/Hinostroza. For all the new love for Hinostroza around here the kid hasn't produced a single point in anything but 1 game. 1 game

But that 1 game of watching the Canucks fall apart in the 3rd was worth its weight in gold. :P. I do like the kid. I think he has some good to his game - but you make a good point in that he has only scored in one game. He's one that I think that if things were different would still be in the A.  

I also agree that no matter what - the appearance of a threat - knowing that they COULD not necessarily if they will -  is enough to make other teams not be able to just forget about the other top line. Cause no matter how slumpy either one of them are at any given time - I'd say most would agree that Toews and Hossa do have it in them to be game changers. 

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 20 minutes ago:

That line needs to add Hjalmarsson somehow.  You know, 4H...

I'm waiting BIB!

haha I don't know. I am a WWE fan and right now they are the Triple H line.

ATNBlackhawksFan said on 4 minutes ago:

But that 1 game of watching the Canucks fall apart in the 3rd was worth its weight in gold. :P. I do like the kid. I think he has some good to his game - but you make a good point in that he has only scored in one game. He's one that I think that if things were different would still be in the A.  

I also agree that no matter what - the appearance of a threat - knowing that they COULD not necessarily if they will -  is enough to make other teams not be able to just forget about the other top line. Cause no matter how slumpy either one of them are at any given time - I'd say most would agree that Toews and Hossa do have it in them to be game changers. 

Oh I agree. That was a pretty gosh darn magical performance by Hinostroza in that Vancouver game. He basically single-handedly got them those 2 points.

Just would be nice if he could do anything offensively in any other game, espeically right now while they need it.

Ideally, if he sticks in the NHL he's a 3/4 line center, not a 2nd line guy. And yes, he'd be playing there right now if Toews was healthy.

• Upvote 1

MERPER said on 2 minutes ago:

haha I don't know. I am a WWE fan and right now they are the Triple H line.

Three H's touching would resemble the Roman numeral 5.

• Upvote 1

MERPER said on 1 hour ago:

You got me convinced. 

• Upvote 1