The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

Hinostroza

Huge game for the kid, 1g-2a=3pts, congrats on your first goal. 

I know it's only one game but he's been working hard and looking more comfortable out there. 

I'm not gonna call anyone out but some people said he's a career AHLer, talk about giving up to early. It's his first season with only 2yrs of AHL experience, and he was the leading scorer of the Hogs last season. 

• Upvote 2

I'd keep him on the 3rd line with Hartman, the local kids look good together. 

Schmaltz is a smart player and played a strong game lastnight, especially on the back check, let him build some chemistry with TnK.

• Upvote 2

OldTimeHawky said on 57 minutes ago:

I'd keep him on the 3rd line with Hartman, the local kids look good together. 

Schmaltz is a smart player and played a strong game lastnight, especially on the back check, let him build some chemistry with TnK.

I'm good with that.....just thought he and Kane had some clicking of their own going on.

But agreed Schmaltz looks fine too.

Icaddiedforstosh said on 49 minutes ago:

I'm good with that.....just thought he and Kane had some clicking of their own going on.

But agreed Schmaltz looks fine too.

Yeah it's to bad he took that big hit cause he did look good with Kane, I'm sure he'll get another chance with him. 

Back to back games with a goal for Vinny, he's flying out there.

Him and Hartman are looking good. Nice to see the local guys and Hawk's draft picks stepping up.

Yep, those two work well together out there. so much so that I might put toews and hoss together and let them stay together when aa is back. 

OldTimeHawky said on 9 hours ago:

Back to back games with a goal for Vinny, he's flying out there.

Him and Hartman are looking good. Nice to see the local guys and Hawk's draft picks stepping up.

They are making a difference out there with speed and skill. Hartman has made some big hits too really liking his game:)

I'm really liking Hinostroza. He's small but already shown he's not afraid of going into those dirty areas of the ice to generate scoring chances. He's starting to remind me of another small #48, Danny Briere. 

• Upvote 1

vadarx said on On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:45 AM:

Yep, those two work well together out there. so much so that I might put toews and hoss together and let them stay together when aa is back. 

A full line-up might be a handful the rest of the way............

I wouldn't mind Panik back with Hoss and JT for a look see,they were good earlier and Panik's been good lately.

AA,Kaner and Bread..............nuff said!

I also wouldn't mind the kids together for a look see either.

Ras and Krugs have been real effective whether it's PK or 5 on 5 and ADJ/Tootoo have been pretty effective themselves.

TvR's been playin' some of his best hockey since his return too.....maybe ever.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

With Vinnie at the convention and spending the summer training with Kaner I wonder if the Hawks are thinking of replacing Panarin with Hino. He's faster, not scared to go to the dirty areas, and despite being shorter he weighs more. Plus he's a righty and a local kid.

With Kane on his wing I can see both guys getting a lot of breakaways and opening up a lot of space with their speed, Anisimov can sit in front of the net.

Pan will be 26 in Oct, Hino just turned 23 in April, at 23 Pan had a big year in Russian that got him his NHL contract, hopefully this is Hinos break out year. 

I doubt he'll be a pure sniper like Pan cause his shot is special, but he is a better 2way player and played football with Hartman as a kid so he's not afraid to drive the net. 

Should be a fun camp, Sept is almost here 😁

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Upvote 3

OldTimeHawky said on 13 minutes ago:

With Vinnie at the convention and spending the summer training with Kaner I wonder if the Hawks are thinking of replacing Panarin with Hino. He's faster, not scared to go to the dirty areas, and despite being shorter he weighs more. Plus he's a righty and a local kid.

With Kane on his wing I can see both guys getting a lot of breakaways and opening up a lot of space with their speed, Anisimov can sit in front of the net.

never really gave hino that much thought to tell you the truth but now you've got my "august doldrums hockey juices" a' flowing, so thanks for that.  :)

it'll help pass some time thinking about it.

• Upvote 2

OldTimeHawky said on 1 hour ago:

Pan will be 26 in Oct, Hino just turned 23 in April, at 23 Pan had a big year in Russian that got him his NHL contract, hopefully this is Hinos break out year. 

I doubt he'll be a pure sniper like Pan cause his shot is special, but he is a better 2way player and played football with Hartman as a kid so he's not afraid to drive the net. 

Should be a fun camp, Sept is almost here 😁

I think that is only one of many interesting positions to watch during camp.  There is a decent sized list of guys that may get a look to play 2LW.  And, they are all going to look like better players with 88 on the other side.  Maybe someone else via trade too.

Should be interesting and exciting times around the corner...tick...tock...tick...tock...almost here.

• Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 3 hours ago:

never really gave hino that much thought to tell you the truth but now you've got my "august doldrums hockey juices" a' flowing, so thanks for that.  :)

I didn't either till you provided that link of him training with Kane. Anything to help with these August doldrums is a bonus.

One thing that I like about Hino that Panarin can't do is that he's gaining weight and pretty solid for 5'9". He was 173lbs to start last season, if he can get to 180+ that'll help his game immensely. 

galaxytrash said on 3 hours ago:

You mean when you're in the bathroom sitting on your hino?

iknowpuck said on 2 hours ago:

I think that is only one of many interesting positions to watch during camp.  There is a decent sized list of guys that may get a look to play 2LW.  And, they are all going to look like better players with 88 on the other side.  Maybe someone else via trade too.

Should be interesting and exciting times around the corner...tick...tock...tick...tock...almost here.

Actually, the ticks have been up here for a while now...

Maybe his best game of the year (so far) last night.

Panik shouldn’t see more first line action right now.

Saad - JT - Hino

Hino deserves to be the next in line.  Maybe he can ignite some first line action.

• Like 1

iknowpuck said on 42 minutes ago:

Maybe his best game of the year (so far) last night.

Panik shouldn’t see more first line action right now.

Saad - JT - Hino

Hino deserves to be the next in line.  Maybe he can ignite some first line action.

It doesn’t hurt, and Panik should be AHL bound at this point. He’s been awful the last 2 months, and I’m not sure he’s of much help. 2.8 for 3/4 of a year in a contract year, and we still got one more year of this!!!

• Like 1

Big-T said on 4 hours ago:

It doesn’t hurt, and Panik should be AHL bound at this point. He’s been awful the last 2 months, and I’m not sure he’s of much help. 2.8 for 3/4 of a year in a contract year, and we still got one more year of this!!!

Nobody thought the dominos would fall that quickly, Panik played well last season, he battled, dug deep, crashed the net, he was a force out there. He has become another player in the lineup eating up cap space and providing nothing in return.

iknowpuck said on 3 hours ago:

Hino brought something out of this line.  Looking forward to seeing if he can do it again.

Who woulda thought Hino made Toews and Saad better and not the other way around?

tincup61 said on 12 hours ago:

Who woulda thought Hino made Toews and Saad better and not the other way around?

Check a few posts up😜

hopefully Q doesn't doghouse him now after that awful icing he took last night that led to the tying goal for Vegas. that line has looked good as of late, I'd like to see it get some more time.