The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

Debrincat

Toews, Kane, Seabrook, were all high first rounders. Recently, you're right, but I think that's more to chance rather than Qs "isms". Basically, Q only plays rookies when he's forced to. We have no cap space and our only option is to play the kids. TT Q actually played without a gun to his head. In the proposed trade that I said with the BJs, one will be an NHL Dman already, and the other just an offensive weapon, if developed properly. It's a win/win for the BJs, Dubois may end up being a bust, and they basically get two bonifide NHLers for Werenski. I don't see how they wouldn't do it!!!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 50 minutes ago:

Toews, Kane, Seabrook, were all high first rounders. Recently, you're right, but I think that's more to chance rather than Qs "isms". Basically, Q only plays rookies when he's forced to. We have no cap space and our only option is to play the kids. TT Q actually played without a gun to his head. In the proposed trade that I said with the BJs, one will be an NHL Dman already, and the other just an offensive weapon, if developed properly. It's a win/win for the BJs, Dubois may end up being a bust, and they basically get two bonifide NHLers for Werenski. I don't see how they wouldn't do it!!!

Saad,Shaw,Kruger,Leddy and TT all made the line up as 20-21yro players and stuck,I'm not sure it took a gun to Q's head because they all played the right way.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

hsbob said on 8 hours ago:

Saad,Shaw,Kruger,Leddy and TT all made the line up as 20-21yro players and stuck,I'm not sure it took a gun to Q's head because they all played the right way.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

He was specifically speaking of first rounders drafted by the Hawks, none of those were!!!

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

He was specifically speaking of first rounders drafted by the Hawks, none of those were!!!

I was referring to rookies in general,but most of the 1st rounder's have gotten a shot to some degree with the exception of McNeill and the the worst 1st round pick of the last decade.....Kyle Beach. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

To Big-T and hsbob, I am specifically wondering when a kid is drafted, especially as a first rounder but also in general, does the HC have a say?  I referenced some of the 1st rounders picked since Quenneville became the Blackhawks coach.  We would want to think coaches, managers and scouts are all in these selections together for the betterment of the team who pays them all.  Hayes, for whatever reason, chose not to sign with the team that drafted him.  Danault certainly proved himself in Rockford and in his brief time in Chicago to be a member of the Hawks but the team chose to go another direction.  TT had his moments but was traded so Bickell's cap hit could be utilized better this season.  Hartman and Schmaltz are basically the last hopes with the past two first round slots traded away.  If the Hawks could care less about high draft picks actually panning out and becoming contributors, and would rather use them as trade bait for rentals, fine.  Previous guys in charge, tho, seemed to have a vision that included draftees to help the team get on course to contend.  Those in charge now do not prescribe to this notion as much, perhaps because of success as well as the cap.

Big-T said on On 12/10/2016 at 10:59 AM:

I don't think we need a 6 and a half footer per se, but if we could get a few more 6' or 6'1" guys, life would be easier. Right now in the top 6, we have 2 of the 6 with decent size. Right now we have Ras, Desjardin, and not much else in the bottom 6 with size. So this team is gonna get crunched against a bigger team in the playoffs. Can they handle it? We'll see!!!

How 'bout this guy?  He's got size and, apparently. a smooth and graceful skater.

Edited by GigECJ
  • Upvote 2

GigECJ said on 3 hours ago:

How 'bout this guy?  He's got size and, apparently. a smooth and graceful skater.

Not much to look at, but why not???

AcesandEights said on 5 minutes ago:

I'm curious why Hockey's Future doesn't show Debrincat in their Hawks prospect listings. I expected to to see him as the top wing prospect.

Weird, he should be at the top of the list. 

OldTimeHawky said on 15 minutes ago:

Weird, he should be at the top of the list. 

I thought the same thing. I haven't seen him listed all season. I looked a few weeks ago thinking maybe he would be listed after the Hawks signed him but still didn't see him; and even looked earlier today but his name still doesn't show up.

Under RW, they have McNeill and Hartman as the top two, and at LW they have Motte and Knott. Under 'Top Prospects' they have Schmaltz, Pokka and Hartman as the top three.

galaxytrash said on 20 hours ago:

looks like byfuglien on the first day of camp.  :P

Looked like Byfuglien on the last day of camp.

• Upvote 1

Been a while since we had a d-cat update. Anyone know how he's been lookin since he was left off team usa?

RW DeBrincat, Alex Erie OHL 40 36 38 74 33 38

GMS            G                 A              PTS             PIM                +/-

• Upvote 1

GigECJ said on On 12/29/2016 at 7:01 PM:

You know you're fat when nothing below your waist gets wet while showering.  Or when little kids come running to you for shade.  Or...

Big-T said on On 12/29/2016 at 7:25 PM:

Not much to look at, but why not???

We iced Sopel...He looked like a catfish, but damnit, he was OUR catfish!

• Upvote 1

LordKOTL said on 19 minutes ago:

We iced Sopel...He looked like a catfish, but damnit, he was OUR catfish!

Or hawkhead.

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on 21 hours ago:

With 2 goals Thursday he's now the franchise leader in goals. 

This year he now has 43gms-40g-43a=83pts

I know it's the OHL and he's and 18 year old, but man, those are some impressive numbers. Didn't Saad get passed over by team USA either his draft year or the year after? Anyways, he's on the right path, let's see his playoff numbers this year. Unfortunately for me, my Spitfires have a ton of injuries, even though we're hosting the Memorial Cup, I doubt we get out of the first round. We'll get to play in the tournament cuz the host team automatically goes. But I think Erie wins it all this year, and Dcat will be a catalyst on that club!!!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 2 hours ago:

I know it's the OHL and he's and 18 year old, but man, those are some impressive numbers. Didn't Saad get passed over by team USA either his draft year or the year after? Anyways, he's on the right path, let's see his playoff numbers this year. Unfortunately for me, my Spitfires have a ton of injuries, even though we're hosting the Memorial Cup, I doubt we get out of the first round. We'll get to play in the tournament cuz the host team automatically goes. But I think Erie wins it all this year, and Dcat will be a catalyst on that club!!!

He's 19 now but still very impressive. Yeah with him, Dylan Strome, and the Raddysh brothers I think they have a great chance to win the Memorial Cup.

And yeah it was Saad's draft year he was passed up, I watched him, Johns and Clendening play the next year for team USA in Camrose vs the Swiss and thought all three will be Blackhawks for a long time, boy was I wrong. 

DCat with 5pts today in a 8-4 win.

44gms 42g-46a=88pts, back to 2ppg, wow.

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Upvote 1