The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

Debrincat

OldTimeHawky said on 23 hours ago:

Debrincat was cut from team USA, guess they don't want to go with skilled players. 

I wonder how much of that had to do with many other players of the same type and size...and that he had not done some of  the camps that others had.

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 15 hours ago:

I wonder how much of that had to do with many other players of the same type and size...and that he had not done some of  the camps that others had.

You could be right, but he looked pretty good in the one pre tourney game I seen. If they don't win it all, many will point fingers at this move. And it seems to me that the USA program is starting to fall into what Canada had going wrong for them, too many politics goin on and not enough about development and winning. Canada has suffered of late, and we've carted out some good teams lately!!!

OldTimeHawky said on On 12/22/2016 at 8:52 PM:

Debrincat was cut from team USA, guess they don't want to go with skilled players. 

An article on ESPN.com offered to explain why he was cut, but one had to pay to read it and I ain't gonna give ESPN any money to read their stuff.  But, if anyone has the service, it is there it read for whatever it is worth. 

As for DeBrincat, Team USA view was he didn't show well in either summer camp or this final selection camp.

in other news....chad krys was the last player cut from team usa. bad week for u.s. born hawk prospects.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2016/12/24/14074954/world-juniors-chad-krys-is-final-us-cut

jacksalmon said on 3 minutes ago:

An article on ESPN.com offered to explain why he was cut, but one had to pay to read it and I ain't gonna give ESPN any money to read their stuff.  But, if anyone has the service, it is there it read for whatever it is worth. 

not a bad article from The Hockey News. theres lots out there in google land.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/team-usa-cuts-50-goal-scorer-alex-debrincat

I love ya Bubbles, and maybe it's on my end, but what in the helix is goin on in your last post there? I see a lot of beer that could a caused that. Unless my IPhone isn't doing what it should, pass the bottle around!!!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 4 minutes ago:

I love ya Bubbles, and maybe it's on my end, but what in the helix is goin on in your last post there? I see a lot of beer that could a caused that. Unless my IPhone isn't doing what it should, pass the bottle around!!!

believe it or not...no beer or hard liquor involved. its just a natural talent of mine i guess. lets see you try and do it!  :P

i dont rightly know what went wrong there pardner.

these boards are starting to go a little wonky at times...nothing like before though thankfully.

oh....and merry christmas btw. :)

• Upvote 1

galaxytrash said on 4 minutes ago:

believe it or not...no beer or hard liquor involved. its just a natural talent of mine i guess. lets see you try and do it!  :P

i dont rightly know what went wrong there pardner.

these boards are starting to go a little wonky at times...nothing like before though thankfully.

oh....and merry christmas btw. :)

Merry Xmas brother. We miss ya back home in Kahada( Russian way of saying it). Good news is, it's been well above freezing of late, and it's looking like she's gonna hit 55 on Monday( or 12C). Maybe a round of golf? But enjoy the holidays my man, Dcat gets some rest to  take over the scoring title from Raddysh!!!

• Upvote 2

hawkinmontreal said on 18 minutes ago:

Cant beleive team USA cut this kid, 1 point from leading the OHL is scoring 132 goals in 156 games. They need to get there head checked.

Maybe they thought his name was DeBrinCUT and felt obligated.  You're right tho.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, they kept 5 RHD and cut Krys, a lefty. 

yooper496 said on 37 minutes ago:

Maybe they thought his name was DeBrinCUT and felt obligated.  You're right tho.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, they kept 5 RHD and cut Krys, a lefty. 

You are right, its difficult to understand the choices that were made.

yooper496 said on 2 hours ago:

Good news is, keep a keen eye on the undrafted dmen, Stan needs a righty soon!!!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 12 minutes ago:

Good news is, keep a keen eye on the undrafted dmen, Stan needs a righty soon!!!

No kidding, Big-T!  Preferably a larger one who will play the body of opponent forwards!

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 44 minutes ago:

No kidding, Big-T!  Preferably a larger one who will play the body of opponent forwards!

Size does help, right now, id even love to see a Zack Werenski here. He's a solid puck mover with amazing upside and he's 19. We need future replacements for the big guys. So even if we draft an 18 year old this year, he may not be ready for 3-5 years. And Keith could be registering for old age security by then. So it's best to get the ball rolling on the next wave. The Wings sure feel the hit now from losing all of their top guys and they never replaced them. Now their D is thin, and their Forwards are mediocre. They need to blow it all up soon and start over, if done properly, the Hawks can avoid that, and get another life out of this!!!

Edited by Big-T
  • Upvote 2

^^Sure don't want to follow that Detroit model, hey?!  The year Lidstrom retired they also lost Rafalski and Stuart on defense, and I believe Filpula, Holmstrom and a couple of other forwards.  That was the summer wingnuts were counting on Parise and Suter joining the wangs.  That did not happen, and plan B is still on going.  Rebuilding on the fly like they did can backfire and do more damage in the long run.  Boston, who have missed the dance two years in a row now, at least are in a fairly good place cap wise to turn things around.  

The bloody cap, tho...!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

Size does help, right now, id even love to see a Zack Werenski here. He's a solid puck mover with amazing upside and he's 19. We need future replacements for the big guys. So even if we draft an 18 year old this year, he may not be ready for 3-5 years. And Keith could be registering for old age security by then. So it's best to get the ball rolling on the next wave. The Wings sure feel the hit now from losing all of their top guys and they never replaced them. Now their D is thin, and their Forwards are mediocre. They need to blow it all up soon and start over, if done properly, the Hawks can avoid that, and get another life out of this!!!

Welp, hopefully they have trouble scoring come playoff time and we can swap 72 for Zach. I would be a fan of that move, provided we get some other pieces in return as well. He has the potential to be a good one for sure...

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 1 hour ago:

^^Sure don't want to follow that Detroit model, hey?!  The year Lidstrom retired they also lost Rafalski and Stuart on defense, and I believe Filpula, Holmstrom and a couple of other forwards.  That was the summer wingnuts were counting on Parise and Suter joining the wangs.  That did not happen, and plan B is still on going.  Rebuilding on the fly like they did can backfire and do more damage in the long run.  

Hopefully it keeps going on and on and on and on and on and.....

• Upvote 1

vadarx said on 8 minutes ago:

Welp, hopefully they have trouble scoring come playoff time and we can swap 72 for Zach. I would be a fan of that move, provided we get some other pieces in return as well. He has the potential to be a good one for sure...

I just can't see them moving Werenski this summer, even for Panarin.  They would probably want to move Hartnell's salary to make room for Breadman (as well as others) and that might not work for Chicago.

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 48 minutes ago:

I just can't see them moving Werenski this summer, even for Panarin.  They would probably want to move Hartnell's salary to make room for Breadman (as well as others) and that might not work for Chicago.

Probably not, wasn't really saying I saw it happening, just that I wouldn't be upset about it. 

• Upvote 1

vadarx said on 10 minutes ago:

Probably not, wasn't really saying I saw it happening, just that I wouldn't be upset about it. 

Well they did trade Johansson for Jones.  Panarin is a few years older than ZW but a borderline superstar.  Maybe it could happen!

For Panera and Hammer, they may trade Dubois and Werenski. That's the move Stan needs to make if he has to trade Panera. When you think about it, Columbus has Jones, Murray, Savard all worthy of being top pairings. Plus Johnson ain't too shabby either. If they want to upgrade their offense. A trade like that makes sense. They get one of the best offensive weapons in the NHL at 25 years old. Werenski and Dubois have not made their mark made yet, so the BJs won't even miss them, but they'll feel the difference Panera and Hammer would make!!!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 16 hours ago:

For Panera and Hammer, they may trade Dubois and Werenski. That's the move Stan needs to make if he has to trade Panera. When you think about it, Columbus has Jones, Murray, Savard all worthy of being top pairings. Plus Johnson ain't too shabby either. If they want to upgrade their offense. A trade like that makes sense. They get one of the best offensive weapons in the NHL at 25 years old. Werenski and Dubois have not made their mark made yet, so the BJs won't even miss them, but they'll feel the difference Panera and Hammer would make!!!

Not sure how it would work capwise for the Jackets, in essence adding over $10M while subtracting less than 2.  Otherwise, I agree, younger guys who will actually stay and not be Dano chips are whom Mr. Bowman should be targeting.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the BJs will be jettisoning some salary this summer "irregardless" of any other trade. After this year, you can bet EVERYTHING that the BJs will be in "win now" mode. And if they feel guys like Hammer and Panera will get them there, Soviet(so be it)! I don't think they win it all, and adding Dubois and keeping Werenski may be decent long term, but short term it may not help them get through their window before it closes!!!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 6 hours ago:

I'm sure the BJs will be jettisoning some salary this summer "irregardless" of any other trade. After this year, you can bet EVERYTHING that the BJs will be in "win now" mode. And if they feel guys like Hammer and Panera will get them there, Soviet(so be it)! I don't think they win it all, and adding Dubois and keeping Werenski may be decent long term, but short term it may not help them get through their window before it closes!!!

I guess, T, the next question, or real question is how would these two very high draft picks fit in as Blackhawks under Quenneville?  Since he has been HC, I believe Hartman is the only first rounder still in the mix for any opportunity.  McNeill is in the system but is he really?  Schmaltz, as a first year pro, is learning and may make it in time.  However, KHayes, Danault, Teravainen (and 7/11 2012 total picks from a pretty good draft all traded away) either never played or were sent packing perhaps prematurely.  OTOH, undrafted guys like TvR and Panarin are everyday players.  Why can't top draftees be counted on to become Hawks?  As I write this I know Quenneville is perhaps not the main reason for these decisions.