The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

Debrincat

tincup61 said on 6 hours ago:

I wonder how Strome getting sent back to Erie impacts him? Does Strome now become his center?

I would certainly think so. Personally, I'm hoping he becomes like what Marner has done. I think it'll be easier for Dcat due to the roster he has to work with. 

He was signed for a reason, there was absolutely no hurry to sign him, yet they decided it was necessary right now. Why? My guess is to show him he's doing the right things, and he can report to Rockford when his season is done, much like Motte last year. I still feel he's a solid backup plan for Panera, if he can't be retained. But he may also be a plan to jettison someone else if Panera is retained, cuz there won't be much money left over!!!

^Yeah I feel the same way and he'll be like Motte, play for the Hogs at the end of the season then make the Hawks the following year. 

22gms now 23g-23a=46pts. Despite those numbers he's 2nd on the team in scoring behind Raddysh, 50pts.

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Upvote 1

mtl09 said on 1 hour ago:

boy rockford could sure use him with what ive seen so far......

I've been busy and haven't followed Rockford much, they brutal???

I wouldnt say brutual yet.......the new goalie looks good so far.....but the on the offensive

side really struggling to make things happen....need a skilled or i should say more skilled

guys out there......seems like they have turned into a grinding type team and no go to type

of guy at all right now.....i know its early........

• Upvote 1

I would say it's natural that the hogs are not doing so well this season. Except for maybe McNeil, Kero, Baun, Gus, Pokka, everyone else who is decent is with the hawks. They don't even have Morin ☺

RW DeBrincat, Alex Erie OHL 26 28 28 56 20 32

2.15 PPG now.                                                       GMS            G                  A              PTS             PIM              +/-

Edited by Icaddiedforstosh
  • Upvote 3

CAREER STATS

Player statistics powered by 

Looking at his yearly regular season stats, goals and assists are remarkably almost identical throughout his young amateur career.

SEASON TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM      PLAYOFFS GP G A TP PIM 
 2010-2011 Victory Honda Bantam Minor AAA T1EMBHL 31 10 9 19 26 |            
 2011-2012 Victory Honda Bantam Major AAA T1EBHL 24 10 10 20 30 | Playoffs 3 2 0 2
 2012-2013 Victory Honda U16 T1EHL U16 40 25 26 51 28 | Playoffs 4 0 2 2
  Victory Honda U18 T1EHL U18 2 1 0 1 0 |            
 2013-2014 Lake Forest Academy MPHL 13 16 12 28 16 | Playoffs 3 4 2 6
  Lake Forest Academy USHS 50 54 57 111 - |            
 2014-2015 Erie Otters OHL 68 51 53 104 73 | Playoffs 20 9 7 16 26 
  Team Columbia USA-S17 5 1 0 1 - |            
 2015-2016 Erie Otters OHL 60 51 50 101 28 | Playoffs 13 8 11 19 13 
  USA U20 WJC-20 5 1 0 1 25 |            
 2016-2017 Erie Otters OHL 27 29 29 58 20 |            
  USA U20 WJC-20  
  • Upvote 1

Big-T said on On 11/12/2016 at 11:34 AM:

I honestly think the kid is the real deal, same as Motte. They're smaller but have shown the ability to go to the tougher areas and score at every level. I think Dcat can become a very good NHL scorer. He was signed for a reason, he's Panera's replacement if he can't be re-signed. I've seen him play, he is that good. First thing you'll say when you see him is, he's quick and has great hockey IQ and some sick moves, but he's a tyke. Then he'll have 3-4 points before the games done, and you'll think to yourself, I wish my team had this kid!!!

Let's hope he works out better than Motte.  Regardless, it is fun to watch his scoring prowess.  Hope he can keep it going.  The Hawks are going to need him sooner than later. 

jacksalmon said on 3 hours ago:

Let's hope he works out better than Motte.  Regardless, it is fun to watch his scoring prowess.  Hope he can keep it going.  The Hawks are going to need him sooner than later. 

Motte's a smart defensive player and works hard so unfortunately Q stuck him on the 4th line, I'm sure once he's used to the NHL he'll start putting up good numbers. You make it sound like he hasn't been playing good. 

But Debrincat is a special player and pure sniper, he shouldn't be on the bottom 6 when he makes the Hawks. 

• Upvote 3

Perfect example, look at Mark Schiefle, he was a 7th overall pick with some scoring upside, he was ok his fist couple of years, a 3rd liner. But now he's comfortable and he's lighting the league on fire. Dcat is a pure offensive weapon, is he as good as Kane? Probably not and probably never will be. But he can still be serviceable and be a top 6. I see him as a Brian Gionta type player, and don't forget, Gionta scored 48 or 49 I believe in the mid 2000s. I think Dcat will be something like that. But the Hawks will need some size sooner or later. We have a ton of smaller skilled guys, but eventually size wins and we'll need it!!!

OldTimeHawky said on 19 minutes ago:

^Yes they do need size to go with these small skilled players. Hopefully Hayden, Knott, Radke, and Bondra are ready soon.

At 6' 5 it would be nice to see Bondra translate to the NHL. I know he was a 5th rounder but maybe he can defy the odds.

I don't think we need a 6 and a half footer per se, but if we could get a few more 6' or 6'1" guys, life would be easier. Right now in the top 6, we have 2 of the 6 with decent size. Right now we have Ras, Desjardin, and not much else in the bottom 6 with size. So this team is gonna get crunched against a bigger team in the playoffs. Can they handle it? We'll see!!!

• Upvote 1

so i understand the age thing not being able to go to the hogs.......but is there anything holding the hawks back and giving him a taste of the nhl? its obvious where's he's at now he's above it.....if not hawks what about overseas? I'm i crazy with these thoughts?

mike

OldTimeHawky said on 3 hours ago:

28gm 30g-30a=60pts, he's now 1pt behind Radysh. 

He should fire a puck at Raddysh in practice and take over. Muhahahmuhahahaha.

Mike, Hawks can bring him up anytime they want. He falls into the same category as any other rookie. He's got 10 games, if he plays more than that, the Hawks have to pay him is NHL salary no matter where he plays, and it burns a year of his entry level contract. Edmonton screwed up with Draisaitl, they kept him for 38 games then sent him down. Now he's due for a hefty raise this year, and he's gonna only have played 2 years instead of 3!!!

• Upvote 1

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/prospect-report-hayden-notches-4-point-game-for-yale/c-284641196

It'd sure be nice to see the 21yro,6'3",225lb center have a big senior season for the Bulldogs. I don't know if he has the NHL game but he definitely has the NHL frame and would check a few boxes for the Hawks if he works out.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

OldTimeHawky said on On 12/10/2016 at 9:13 AM:

^Yes they do need size to go with these small skilled players. Hopefully Hayden, Knott, Radke, and Bondra are ready soon.

I see John Scott is available...

OldTimeHawky said on 8 hours ago:

Debrincat was cut from team USA, guess they don't want to go with skilled players. 

I seriously had to read your post a few times and it's only one sentence,maybe he can spend Christmas watching with Phil Kessel!

USA hockey's been pretty screwed up lately!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 1