The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

Debrincat

LordKOTL said on 2 hours ago:

Please do 😊.  The last two years it's been busted.

It gives you somethin' to bang on you key board about. Have you blotted out what preceded the last two down years?

GO HAWKS!!!!!  

blkhwks918 said on 11 minutes ago:

yea i was thinking the same thing ....If players concentrate on getting him the puck , he is at 8 to 10 shot attempts a game ...Remember how Oshie got good at least once a game he would steal the puck beat a defender or two and get a great shot on goal ...many which counted.... tonight on that one play The Lynx picked up the puck a little deep so by the time he hit the blue line the defenders were beat the goalie caught on   still a great chance ....anytime the kid touches the puck i expect him to score 

Big-T said on On 12/1/2017 at 6:57 AM:

The question is this, does Stan even want to contend this year? Or is he merely going with kids and it is what it is???

It will depend on how the team is doing closer to the deadline, would be the obvious answer. You could argue that he didn't want to contend last year, the way he stood pat at the deadline last year (he said it was because he liked the team as is and they were playing well at that point, but who knows). Would he do that 2 years in a row?

Big-T said on On 12/2/2017 at 1:13 PM:

I think this is where Stan is in over his head. He just doesn’t understand the logic of the sport. He throws in his draft picks at all costs, I’m all for that if it’s working out. We have seen what his picks can do, and he’s had 2 stick over a decade when we could’ve used a ton of them. Now all the sudden we’re supposed to believe that he has 4-5 of them ready to rock? We have a core that needs to win now, I’m not saying to go out and get a bunch of 32 year olds just cuz, we need accent players to help out, and role players, when the window was larger, that was the time to put in kids and a mini rebuild that wouldn’t cost a ton against the cap. But now the windows closing and filling the lineup with kids that may not even make it here is lunacy and wasting the careers of our star players. If Stan isn’t in a win now mode, he should be jettisoned. Now with CC out, the team will show it’s true colours!!!

Tried that route. Q just put more additions on his dog house and kept adding until Stan went and got him vets.......That somehow always wound up playing for him in the past.

hsbob said on On 12/2/2017 at 9:03 PM:

It gives you somethin' to bang on you key board about. Have you blotted out what preceded the last two down years?

GO HAWKS!!!!!  

Of course not.  But many here have been blithering these past two down years about how, "the boys will flip the switch when it's important."

Did you blot out whether or not they did?

Granada said on 4 hours ago:

It will depend on how the team is doing closer to the deadline, would be the obvious answer. You could argue that he didn't want to contend last year, the way he stood pat at the deadline last year (he said it was because he liked the team as is and they were playing well at that point, but who knows). Would he do that 2 years in a row?

Would he?  Probably, only if the behind closed door plan is to develop our younger players while the core is around and helping with that process...and, therefore, his job is not in jeopardy.  

Should he?  Not if his job is on the line.  This team as assembled can't win the cup...maybe not even make the playoffs.

Going to be VERY interesting!

Creature1958 said on 5 hours ago:

Tried that route. Q just put more additions on his dog house and kept adding until Stan went and got him vets.......That somehow always wound up playing for him in the past.

If that’s the case, kinda gotta side with Q. He’s the 2nd best coach of all time, has 4 Cups to his coaching career. Maybe it’s better to let Q run the show till he’s had enough? If Stan isn’t gonna fire him and get someone he’s the boss of, it’s really pointless to keep both together, one has to go, and from a pr perspective, it’s easier to dump the one no one really sees. Q needs someone he can work with!!!

iknowpuck said on 2 hours ago:

Would he?  Probably, only if the behind closed door plan is to develop our younger players while the core is around and helping with that process...and, therefore, his job is not in jeopardy.  

Should he?  Not if his job is on the line.  This team as assembled can't win the cup...maybe not even make the playoffs.

Going to be VERY interesting!

If this team misses the playoffs, I think the whole management team and possibly coaches should go. But I still feel Q should be given the opportunity to work with someone that he can!!!

LordKOTL said on 6 hours ago:

Of course not.  But many here have been blithering these past two down years about how, "the boys will flip the switch when it's important."

Did you blot out whether or not they did?

I saw em do it three times when many we're blitherin' they couldn't so I thought they had a shot to do it again the last two,if I'd only learn to predict a poor outcome every year.  

GO HAWKS!!!!!   

hsbob said on 13 hours ago:

I saw em do it three times when many we're blitherin' they couldn't so I thought they had a shot to do it again the last two,if I'd only learn to predict a poor outcome every year.  

GO HAWKS!!!!!   

To be fair...who among us really thought they'd have as-poor of a showing against Nashville as what actually happened?  Against St. Louis it was, "The team is gassed from so much hockey."  So, with a short offseason they should have been well-rested.  Plus, the attitude was, "they're in the playoffs so might as well save the team up for it."  and Wha-BAMM!  We get smacked down hard.  Hell, I though it would have been the 'hawks in 6 and that the 'hawks would reignite the fire, too.  Instead they iced the Indy Fuel.

No one is denying that the run we had (if it's over), was something beyond awesome...except maybe for that eunuch who mentioned that winning the cup would be bad for the draft in 2010. 

My comment was saying more that I don't think there is a next gear anymore for the skater core.  WYSIWYG.  Even though I think there should be another gear for guys like Toews and Kane who aren't that old yet (Seabs and Keith might be too old), if that's the reality, that's the reality.  It doesn't negate the past at all.

So that being said if whatsoever remote shot we have at a cup hinges on Kiprusoff'ing Crawford...and with Crawford out If Forsberg cannot be good enough with the core as-is...why go all-in?