The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

Debrincat

So far after 6 games he has 8g-7a=15pts, I don't understand how he fell so far in the draft.

Sure he's only 5'7" but only one other player in OHL history has scored back to back 50g seasons before being drafted and that was Tavares, that's pretty good company.

A lot of gm's will be wishing they took a chance on him. 

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Upvote 2

OldTimeHawky said on 9 hours ago:

Sure he's only 5'7" but only one other player in OHL history has scored back to back 50g seasons before being drafted and that was Tavares,  

wow! i really hate getting my hopes up on a player i really dont know too much about.

having said that i really like getting my hopes up on a player i really dont know too much about.

:)

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Upvote 1

Really surprised he didn't get a longer look at camp.  He may be small but he has far too much skill to have not gotten more of an opportunity to make the team, especially since he couldn't go to the A. 

Well, rest assured he'll get a plenty long look next fall, bnb! 

Edited by vadarx
  • Upvote 2

I mentioned the kid in a GDT a few days back when he had 4g and 8pts in his first 3gms,doesn't look like he's slowin' down. I think the team made up their minds before camp even started as far as sending him back to Erie and it probably has a lot to do with his size and the fact that he woulda graduated from high school this summer. It might have a lot to do with the number of small/skill players on the roster already also even though he might be as good or better than most of em.

It's obvious that goal scoring is second nature for this kid and he OHL(still probably the best feeder league) barely looks like competition for him. I think he can go to the A next year at 19 as an American born player but I doubt he'll be there long. He might still have to grow-up and bulk-up a bit for the bigs though.

GO HAWKS!!!!!    

• Upvote 1

hsbob said on 16 hours ago:

I mentioned the kid in a GDT a few days back when he had 4g and 8pts in his first 3gms,doesn't look like he's slowin' down. I think the team made up their minds before camp even started as far as sending him back to Erie and it probably has a lot to do with his size and the fact that he woulda graduated from high school this summer. It might have a lot to do with the number of small/skill players on the roster already also even though he might be as good or better than most of em.

It's obvious that goal scoring is second nature for this kid and he OHL(still probably the best feeder league) barely looks like competition for him. I think he can go to the A next year at 19 as an American born player but I doubt he'll be there long. He might still have to grow-up and bulk-up a bit for the bigs though.

GO HAWKS!!!!!    

He's definitely not slowing down and yeah he's 5'7" but he's close to 180lbs, he's heavier then Panarin and still a teenager. I think he'll be a Hawk next year, skip the A. 

OldTimeHawky said on 6 hours ago:

He's definitely not slowing down and yeah he's 5'7" but he's close to 180lbs, he's heavier then Panarin and still a teenager. I think he'll be a Hawk next year, skip the A. 

He's listed at 165lbs OTH but those figures usually lag behind a young players actual physical development,at his height 180lbs would be a good NHL weight. You're probably right about him making the big club next year,another camp might be all he needs to grasp the system. Erie seems to have a solid system in place and the OHL is a highly skilled,fairly rugged development path,many talented,young players have easily made the jump and he's been outstanding there since his arrival @16.

It's hard to believe an 18yro with two 50+ goal OHL seasons before the draft fell to the Hawks,I know his size had a lot to do with that but Jonny Gaudreau's comin' off two real good seasons @157lbs.......I think a few teams may have missed on this kid. I'll take it!

GO HAWKS!!!!!     

• Upvote 2

hsbob said on On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 5:58 AM:

He's listed at 165lbs OTH but those figures usually lag behind a young players actual physical development,at his height 180lbs would be a good NHL weight. You're probably right about him making the big club next year,another camp might be all he needs to grasp the system. Erie seems to have a solid system in place and the OHL is a highly skilled,fairly rugged development path,many talented,young players have easily made the jump and he's been outstanding there since his arrival @16.

It's hard to believe an 18yro with two 50+ goal OHL seasons before the draft fell to the Hawks,I know his size had a lot to do with that but Jonny Gaudreau's comin' off two real good seasons @157lbs.......I think a few teams may have missed on this kid. I'll take it!

GO HAWKS!!!!!     

Yeah I thought he was in the 170's when he was drafted, still, for his height he's pretty solid. 

OldTimeHawky said on 10 minutes ago:

14gms and he now has 17g-18a-35pts, very impressive. 

The kid has nothing left to prove in the OHL...this is why I hate the age rule for the AHL.  He could be learning the system and developing as a pro right now as he is clearly ready to take that step.  

• Upvote 3

OldTimeHawky said on On 2016-10-18 at 1:11 AM:

One thing to keep in mind, he can't go to the AHL, he'd have to go back to the OHL, so this is why he was signed, he's gonna be on the Hawks next year. It's the exact same thing as Marner with the Leaves, if they send him back, he dominates a league he's far too good for, the only option would be to either trade him, or allow him to play on the big club. My guess is that he'll make the Hawks, and he may be the reason Panera becomes expendable. Hawks just can't dump that kind of money on Panera. We'll lose depth again, and suffer for it. But hey, maybe Panera comes in at a reasonable amount? If not, I really feel Debrincat can be his replacement!!!

• Upvote 1

BucksNBlackhawks said on On 11/6/2016 at 8:40 AM:

The kid has nothing left to prove in the OHL...this is why I hate the age rule for the AHL.  He could be learning the system and developing as a pro right now as he is clearly ready to take that step.  

Yeah, I hate the whole CHL/AHL agreement as well. It's a bit outdated. Too bad he isn't an NCAA player because he'd be on a plane to Rockford right now.

He'll still probably end up playing for Rockford this season once the Otter's season is over...and he may even get some games in with the Hawks.

• Upvote 2

At this point, he’s missed three games this season. If he kept up his current pace and didn’t miss anymore games, here’s how his numbers at the end of the season would compare to some of the OHL’s biggest performances from the past decade. From Second City

NAME YEAR GAMES GOALS ASSISTS POINTS PPG
Patrick Kane 2006-07 58 62 83 145 2.50
John Tavares 2006-07 67 72 62 134 2.00
Mitch Marner 2014-15 63 44 82 126 2.00
Connor McDavid 2014-15 47 44 76 120 2.55
Dylan Strome 2015-16 56 37 74 111 1.98
Christian Dvorak 2015-16 59 52 69 121 2.05
ALEX DEBRINCAT (projected) 2016-17 65 78 84 162 2.50

1Shot1Goal said on 2 hours ago:

At this point, he’s missed three games this season. If he kept up his current pace and didn’t miss anymore games, here’s how his numbers at the end of the season would compare to some of the OHL’s biggest performances from the past decade. From Second City

NAME YEAR GAMES GOALS ASSISTS POINTS PPG
Patrick Kane 2006-07 58 62 83 145 2.50
John Tavares 2006-07 67 72 62 134 2.00
Mitch Marner 2014-15 63 44 82 126 2.00
Connor McDavid 2014-15 47 44 76 120 2.55
Dylan Strome 2015-16 56 37 74 111 1.98
Christian Dvorak 2015-16 59 52 69 121 2.05
ALEX DEBRINCAT (projected) 2016-17 65 78 84 162 2.50

I'm guessing he'll be playing World Juniors these holidays? But those are some impressive numbers.

I honestly think the kid is the real deal, same as Motte. They're smaller but have shown the ability to go to the tougher areas and score at every level. I think Dcat can become a very good NHL scorer. He was signed for a reason, he's Panera's replacement if he can't be re-signed. I've seen him play, he is that good. First thing you'll say when you see him is, he's quick and has great hockey IQ and some sick moves, but he's a tyke. Then he'll have 3-4 points before the games done, and you'll think to yourself, I wish my team had this kid!!!

• Upvote 2

Big-T said on On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 0:34 PM:

I honestly think the kid is the real deal, same as Motte. They're smaller but have shown the ability to go to the tougher areas and score at every level. I think Dcat can become a very good NHL scorer. He was signed for a reason, he's Panera's replacement if he can't be re-signed. I've seen him play, he is that good. First thing you'll say when you see him is, he's quick and has great hockey IQ and some sick moves, but he's a tyke. Then he'll have 3-4 points before the games done, and you'll think to yourself, I wish my team had this kid!!!

That's what I like about these smaller guys, not afraid to go to the tough areas, Hinostroza as well. But Alex is special and you're right, great hockey IQ.

Debrincat has slowed down a little, 20gms played, 20g-21a=41pts.

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on 17 hours ago:

That's what I like about these smaller guys, not afraid to go to the tough areas, Hinostroza as well. But Alex is special and you're right, great hockey IQ.

Debrincat has slowed down a little, 20gms played, 20g-21a=41pts.

If that's slowing down, I'll take it all day!!!

• Upvote 1