The Panik Thread

Rosalie73 said on 9 minutes ago:

I love you, Richard Panik!

Well, that's hitting the Panik button!!

• Like 2

yooper496 said on On 10/18/2017 at 2:06 PM:

Well, that's hitting the Panik button!!

Yoops: 

Where are you?  Is it time to hit the Panik button on Panik?

Please advise.

Nice to see him get 3 helpers last night, he's now 2nd on the team in points. He also had a couple nice one timers and hits.

• Like 1

that's advantage if you give player salary raise but not NMC.If it's on me, I would ban/remove whole NMC crap form the system, players have their sure millions regardless how good or bad they will play so why the hell give him also NMC ??? Also it's deforming the entire trade system.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Puckjim said on 18 minutes ago:

Panik a healthy scratch tonight....That sure was a mighty fall

Full circle. First he sucked, then he didn't, now he sucks again. I must admit, even I drank the kool-aid a tad while he was performing well....then the playoffs came around.

Panik is pretty much the new Frolik: Bowman's attempt at showing what a good GM he is, only for it to backfire with a zitty contract for nothing but a 4th line/bottom six at best type player in the end. He doesn't even play physical anymore, which was at least something, so I'm glad he's being benched.

• Like 1

Modry-Jazyk said on Just now:

well yes, 2.8M player has one less point than Saad after 30 games  ... the biggest issue of the Hawks.

Didn't say it was the biggest issue. Reading's fundamental.

Granada said on 6 minutes ago:

Didn't say it was the biggest issue. Reading's fundamental.

If Panik is another Forlik, then Saad is (Frolik +1 p) for 4 more millions. (not seriously) Seriously I think, if whole team is crap, if there are actually no leaders, no coach, then support squad is falling down along with them, as these two guys... .I am afraid what influence it could have on Dcat as time goes on ....

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Modry-Jazyk said on 4 minutes ago:

If Panik is another Forlik, then Saad is (Frolik +1 p) for 4 more millions. (not seriously) Seriously I think, if whole team is crap, if there are actually no leaders, no coach, then support squad is falling down along with them, as these two guys... .I am afraid what influence it could have on Dcat as time goes on ....

I'd take Saad at his worst than Panik/Frolik at his worst. Ten times over.

• Like 2

Granada said on Just now:

I'd take Saad at his worst than Panik/Frolik at his worst. Ten times over.

Most fans dont care about dead cap, like Stan Bowman doesnt, that's main reason why this team is done for next seven years.

Modry-Jazyk said on 10 minutes ago:

Most fans dont care about dead cap, like Stan Bowman doesnt, that's main reason why this team is done for next seven years.

The bold is a separate and much more complex argument.

To the underlined: then you might as well stop watching.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm being a bloody ray of effing sunshine here...but if Panik is scratched for a few, here's hoping it wires his head and arse together.

...and if that works...use it with extreme prejudice.

• Like 1

LordKOTL said on 24 minutes ago:

Maybe I'm being a bloody ray of effing sunshine here...but if Panik is scratched for a few, here's hoping it wires his head and arse together.

...and if that works...use it with extreme prejudice.

it's ok, he was shadow of his own, my point was this is not about Panik, it's irrelevant in bigger picture.

What's the issue - good, well playing leaders make players around them better, but (unfortunatelly) it works also opposite way. and that's Hawks problem.

Panik was invisible after couple of good games, Saad has 15 points actually (after couple of good games in season start as well).Meanwhile, Panarin (who is NOT better than Saad imo) already has 26 points in three less games.This is not about Saad and Panik,they are not causation of problems, they are consequence of problems.,

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Like 1

Modry-Jazyk said on 1 hour ago:

it's ok, he was shadow of his own, my point was this is not about Panik, it's irrelevant in bigger picture.

What's the issue - good, well playing leaders make players around them better, but (unfortunatelly) it works also opposite way. and that's Hawks problem.

Panik was invisible after couple of good games, Saad has 15 points actually (after couple of good games in season start as well).Meanwhile, Panarin (who is NOT better than Saad imo) already has 26 points in three less games.This is not about Saad and Panik,they are not causation of problems, they are consequence of problems.,

Perhaps, but Panik was the most physical player last year.  Now, he looks like Eddie No-check out there.
Age not being an excuse for him (unlike guys making double or more than what he makes), There no reason he should be playing soft.

When he gets back in the lineup, let's see if there's a spark--ditto with Hartman.  If there is, maybe we start getting the real underperformers to fetch for Pat & Eddie.

• Like 1

Granada said on 4 hours ago:

Full circle. First he sucked, then he didn't, now he sucks again. I must admit, even I drank the kool-aid a tad while he was performing well....then the playoffs came around.

Panik is pretty much the new Frolik: Bowman's attempt at showing what a good GM he is, only for it to backfire with a zitty contract for nothing but a 4th line/bottom six at best type player in the end. He doesn't even play physical anymore, which was at least something, so I'm glad he's being benched.

Me too.  Lots of it actually.

Although, he has shown to be able to score and play a physical game.  The problem seems to be that he plays with a lack of consistency.  If he played consistent hockey then 2.8 isn't a bad cap hit for what he has shown he can do.

You can line up some other core players right now on this as well.

Modry-Jazyk said on 2 hours ago:

A little overboard, no?

iknowpuck said on 2 hours ago:

A little overboard, no?

it depends on these "core" players who take most of the cap.If 10.5M guy will play like 6M guy, 7M guy will continue play like 1M guy etc., then nothing can't help Hawks, this is cap era and it's all about how effectively teams can use their limited resources..

Modry-Jazyk said on 12 hours ago:

it depends on these "core" players who take most of the cap.If 10.5M guy will play like 6M guy, 7M guy will continue play like 1M guy etc., then nothing can't help Hawks, this is cap era and it's all about how effectively teams can use their limited resources..

This whole "the core is done" thing is getting old. The entire core is not rotten. Seabrook? Okay, you could say he's a huge problem. But Crawford, Kane, Keith, Toews, Saad -- this is still an extremely solid core, albeit expensive. I'd rather overpay for a core player who has been known to step it up in the playoffs (as all of these guys have proven) than an inconsistent player who has never done anything but have one decent regular season. The Panik contract was completely avoidable at the time it was given; the core's contracts, not so much, especially Toews' and Kanes'.

iknowpuck said on 15 hours ago:

Me too.  Lots of it actually.

Although, he has shown to be able to score and play a physical game.  The problem seems to be that he plays with a lack of consistency.  If he played consistent hockey then 2.8 isn't a bad cap hit for what he has shown he can do.

You can line up some other core players right now on this as well.

True -- it would be a steel actually, but instead, it's an awful contract on a team that can't afford to give out awful contracts to unproven and mid-to-late twenty year olds with no potential room for growth. I'm fine with overpaying superstar Cup-winning talent; I'm not fine with overpaying Panik -- because it's always a much safer bet to assume that the core players will snap out of it sooner and more often before a player like Panik will, as they've shown to be consistently successful, game-changing players in the recent past.

Granada said on On 12/12/2017 at 11:53 AM:

Frolik morphed into a valuable 3-4th line player that killed penalties.

They missed him when he left.

Panik has always been over-valued - He was a minor league player with Toronto.

He ended up being what we thought he was.

Puckjim said on 9 minutes ago:

Frolik morphed into a valuable 3-4th line player that killed penalties.

They missed him when he left.

Panik has always been over-valued - He was a minor league player with Toronto.

He ended up being what we thought he was.

"Morphed" is a nice way to put it. I'd say "relegated."

Granada said on 1 hour ago:

"Morphed" is a nice way to put it. I'd say "relegated."

However you use the thesaurus, Frolik ended up getting paid for his relegation. 

i think you guys got Panik all wrong , i think the stress the added minutes the losing the crashing he just ran out of gas....... first line duty .......there was this one game it was a power play or going to be ...the camera showed him winded coming to the bench ...then he was back out there ..... that was like two or three games before i said on the board Panik has been out of gas for two or three games ...Expect the same from the Lynx  Rutta hopefully not hurt will soon set career game records ....Panik  was trying hard on career minutes ....needs a rest ....

the other point is the players have to be a bit selfish now ...because they all feel pressure .....perfect  world ..uniting influence they would accept as a group but human nature dictates names....

but yea no Panik had a great shot it consumed him a bit ...my opinion