The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

The Panik Thread

OldTimeHawky said on 44 minutes ago:

2mill for 2yrs should be enough, if not, bye Panik. 

If Hossa is moved or retires Panik can be the 3rd line RW. Hopefully someone like Duchene will be Toews RW. 

I agree.  No reason to pay him too much. Just can't afford to pay anyone too much right now, especially someone who hasn't proven himself fully yet. 

vadarx said on 1 hour ago:

I agree.  No reason to pay him too much. Just can't afford to pay anyone too much right now, especially someone who hasn't proven himself fully yet. 

Hopefully him and his agent see that as well. He's in his mid 20's and this was only his first full season and he didn't produce in the playoffs, a 2yr deal should be good enough then he'll be 27 and become a ufa and see how much he can get then.

OldTimeHawky said on 1 hour ago:

Hopefully him and his agent see that as well. He's in his mid 20's and this was only his first full season and he didn't produce in the playoffs, a 2yr deal should be good enough then he'll be 27 and become a ufa and see how much he can get then.

I doubt they will after his regular season. I expect a one year deal, personally

Two years anything from 1.8 to 2.3 I am fine with when you see what Kruger is getting paid this looks like a steal. 

OldTimeHawky said on On 4/22/2017 at 0:57 PM:

If Hossa is moved or retires

The Blackhawks will NEVER trade Hossa because of the salary cap recapture penalty possibilities.

His retirement would be equally disastrous. 

Puckjim said on 45 minutes ago:

The Blackhawks will NEVER trade Hossa because of the salary cap recapture penalty possibilities.

His retirement would be equally disastrous. 

Yeah, his retirement would be worse than trading him, actually. At least if you trade him maybe he plays out some of his remaining contract...

damondog said on On 4/22/2017 at 9:01 AM:

OK, boys now that Panik showed us his true level do we try to resign him or just wait another season and let him really show he can keep developing?

Great question. Honestly, if they let him walk, I wouldn't be upset. As I said before, Panik is a nice bottom six player, but he isn't a realistic top 6 -- he'll be 27 next year. He had a career year that just so happened to be a contract year, which always makes me iffy; and now we know he wouldn't be seeing time on the top line (well, if all goes to plan and Bowman solidifies the top 6 this off-season), so chances are his productivity will drop dramatically compared to this year. Ideally, 1.75 for 2 years would be ideal, but I doubt he goes for that. I agree with Hawky that anything over 2 million is absolutely not doable.

So in essence, he should only be signed with the intent that he isn't anything more than a 3rd line player; if he's being signed with the intent of being in the top 6 again, he shouldn't be re-signed, both cap-wise and slot-wise.

Modry-Jazyk said on 15 minutes ago:

After 1st round exit Panik can't go to high, I mean like Kopec, Bickell or Saad.

well....if there is one good thing about going out in 4 in a first round....

LordKOTL said on 17 hours ago:

I wouldn't be surprised if Panik's rights are part of a sweetener.

That I would say is very possible. But I'd say only in a scenario when they cannot find agreement. Especially because although we have enough offensive talent, apart from Hayden there is noone with enough grit in the next one or two seasons. 

Edited by jaty84

Would Debrincat joining the team next season and being a RW have any effect on whether they try to retain Panik? As I understand D'cat either stays with the Hawks or goes back to juniors for a fourth season and I don't see that being of much help for his development, unless he really struggles.

Or would the coaches want to put D'cat at LW, since he shoots right? 

LordKOTL said on On 24. 4. 2017 at 7:12 PM:

I wouldn't be surprised if Panik's rights are part of a sweetener.

I don't think Hawks want to use their only experienced physical forward at his prime as sweetener, on contrary, they could trade some of those small kids for bigger (while still fast) bodies.Especially after super-soft PAK line got spanked two years in a row and proved uselessness of such line in the playoffs.After Kane, Panarin and Kruger, Hawks have plenty of another small/soft forwards in the roster, so one of Hinostroza, Kero or Schmaltz could be used better in that role.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Upvote 2

Modry-Jazyk said on 3 hours ago:

I don't think Hawks want to use their only experienced physical forward at his prime as sweetener, on contrary, they could trade some of those small kids for bigger (while still fast) bodies.Especially after super-soft PAK line got spanked two years in a row and proved uselessness of such line in the playoffs.After Kane, Panarin and Kruger, Hawks have plenty of another small/soft forwards in the roster, so one of Hinostroza, Kero or Schmaltz could be used better in that role.

They many not want to--but they may *have* to.  It's not like any player did a favor to their value in the playoffs.

Modry-Jazyk said on 4 hours ago:

I agree, I don't think they want to move him, they'll probably want to keep him. But if he asks for too much, out the door he will go when trading time comes...

Modry-Jazyk said on 8 minutes ago:

" Making fans happy and replying to their letters! "

18199032_1514460878587418_58994715492062

It would be really nice if one of those is to SB and it says he wants to stay for a reasonable/doable salary...and it actually happen.

iknowpuck said on 7 minutes ago:

If a signing isn't announced soon, do you think he is traded and for what in return?

unlike Darling, Panik ad Kempny are RFA, Hawks don't need hurry it, they two can't talk to other teams so or so.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

iknowpuck said on 1 minute ago:

But, if he isn't going to be resigned, what do you think SB will get in return?

I have no idea, even Panik doesn't know :)

the problem is that he has a good season but it's only one season and he still has to prove that he is 20+G 40+Pts player, then we'll  know what he's worth.So far his trade value is uncertain.... so I'd expect some bridge contract 1-2 seasons at 1.5+ M.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Too funny...he's an interesting player, story, future, etc.

Hope he agrees to sign for a reasonable cap hit and dominate on the third line.

Modry-Jazyk said on 1 minute ago:

the problem is that he has a good season but it's only one season and he still has to prove that he is 20+G 40+Pts player, then we'll  know what he's worth.So I'd expect some bridge contract 1-2 seasons at 1.5+ M.

Sign him up for that!

iknowpuck said on 9 minutes ago:

Sign him up for that!

I think for him would be good to stay for less money now, take bridge contract, repeat good season (playing in Toews line could help him again) and then as UFA he can go higher in the next, long contract.