The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
OldTimeHawky

The Panik Thread

galaxytrash said on 16 hours ago:

nice article on panik....and at the end it says that nik and JO will likely both play thursday.

panik says hoss is his favorite player. it might sway him a bit when it comes to the next contract...maybe.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/surging-richard-panik-drawing-lofty-comparisons/amp/

Hawk management will have to be careful and not put themselves in a bind like they had with Bickell. Panik has certainly reached a level on this team that many did not predict in terms of production and might I say helped Jonathan Toews get back on track with a consistent winger he now has faith in.

• Upvote 3

Panik=beast.  Replacing the grit of Shaw with the dangle & skills of Saad...

• Upvote 5

JohnE said on 56 minutes ago:

Panik=beast.  Replacing the grit of Shaw with the dangle & skills of Saad...

I agree, leading hitter and he hits hard,  plus he has sweet hands, almost had a highlight reel assist to Toews in the slot today.

• Upvote 2

OldTimeHawky said on 20 hours ago:

I agree, leading hitter and he hits hard,  plus he has sweet hands, almost had a highlight reel assist to Toews in the slot today.

Let's not forget that he is playing with Toews, and that he could barely crack an NHL lineup a year ago. It sounds like Stan has already tried to find his replacement in Jurco. Or even Hayden. If Panik is the worst we lose this offseason..... whew! Unless he tucks in 12 goals in the playoffs!!!

• Upvote 1

Big-T said on 16 hours ago:

Let's not forget that he is playing with Toews, and that he could barely crack an NHL lineup a year ago. It sounds like Stan has already tried to find his replacement in Jurco. Or even Hayden. If Panik is the worst we lose this offseason..... whew! Unless he tucks in 12 goals in the playoffs!!!

I'm pretty sure he'll be back next season. At least Stan will do his best to re-sign him.

• Upvote 3

I noticed they gave Toews the 2nd assist on Panarins first goal lastnight, Panik kicked it to Kane so he should've got the helper. 

Doesn't seem right that it was Toews 350th assist even though it was Paniks. 

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Upvote 1

Considering our cap situation and the desire to resign Panik, I really don't see the point of playing Panarin for almost the full two minutes on power plays, and also putting him out in empty net situations so that he can score enough to finish in the top 10  and earn his almost $2 million bonus.

Stan and Q give your heads a shake!  Rest him tomorrow and hope that someone (Wheeler, Tarasenko) passes him for 10th place.

• Upvote 1

^ I was thinking along similar lines, honestly. I am hoping he doesn't finish in the top 10 and get that bonus, I won't lie and pretend otherwise. Then again, I think it was the wise move to play him last night, because if Q didn't, Panarin would have obviously taken that as a big slap in the face. It will be interesting if he is in for the last game; it wouldn't surprise me either way, really.

Granada said on 3 minutes ago:

^ I was thinking along similar lines, honestly. I am hoping he doesn't finish in the top 10 and get that bonus, I won't lie and pretend otherwise. Then again, I think it was the wise move to play him last night, because if Q didn't, Panarin would have obviously taken that as a big slap in the face. It will be interesting if he is in for the last game; it wouldn't surprise me either way, really.

Agree as well but think Panerin deserves to try for it and Kane wants him to get it so think they play. I'd guess same lineup as last night. Hawks play an hour before Jets puck drop so all eyes will be on Blake Wheeler! Hope Artemi gets a point and Wheeler gets two! :P

zhamnov said on 17 hours ago:

Considering our cap situation and the desire to resign Panik, I really don't see the point of playing Panarin for almost the full two minutes on power plays, and also putting him out in empty net situations so that he can score enough to finish in the top 10  and earn his almost $2 million bonus.

Stan and Q give your heads a shake!  Rest him tomorrow and hope that someone (Wheeler, Tarasenko) passes him for 10th place.

It would be a complete d.ick move by the Blackhawks if they even considered sitting Panarin.

It would also guarantee that:

1) Panarin won't re-sign again in two years

2) Bowman would never get a break from any Blackhawks free agent 

3) No other free agent worth a damn would ever sign with the Blackhawks under Stan Bowman

These are professional athletes and you don't screw with their livelihood .

Edited by Puckjim
  • Upvote 2

Thank you Hockey gods!  Looks like AP's bud Vlad has earned 10th place in NHL scoring with his two assists tonight.  No disrespect meant to a very talented and hardworking player who will be a key to the Hawk's Stanley cup run this year, but the cap space saved will certainly help the team a little bit moving forward.

• Upvote 1

zhamnov said on 6 minutes ago:

Thank you Hockey gods!  Looks like AP's bud Vlad has earned 10th place in NHL scoring with his two assists tonight.  No disrespect meant to a very talented and hardworking player who will be a key to the Hawk's Stanley cup run this year, but the cap space saved will certainly help the team a little bit moving forward.

Artemi Panarin is #10 ... Burns as dman doesnt count to that bonuses thing.

Correct. He finished tied with wheeler for tenth, he got his bonus. 

• Upvote 1

I was about to post my worries here and read others jump off the ledge posts, but then noticed it was Panik...

• Upvote 1

vadarx said on On 4/8/2017 at 9:47 PM:

Correct. He finished tied with wheeler for tenth, he got his bonus. 

Then the next question is who else hit their bonuses.

LordKOTL said on 18 minutes ago:

Then the next question is who else hit their bonuses.

I hit mine last month!LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 16 hours ago:

I hit mine last month!LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Nice!  Congrats!

Seriously, I think a major sticking point now will be who else hit their bonuses.  If I'm reading CF right, Panarin himself is about half of the bonuses.  If no one else hit it, that's about 2M cap saved.

^ Yeah, if I understand correctly, the other performance bonuses are somewhat negligible, other than Campbell's ($750,000) and Panarin's (2,575,000). If all the players hit their bonuses though, including Campbell, it will be around 2,210,000, not including Panarin's (who has already earned his). I believe Campbell will hit his, because it's based on Games Played. He's played 80 thus far in the regular season; not sure if it includes playoffs or what, but I think it's safe to say he will hit his. Kero, Hinostroza, Forsling, Kempny: probably won't. Schmaltz (350,000) is the wild card.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks/performance-bonus

• Upvote 1

Granada said on 10 minutes ago:

^ Yeah, if I understand correctly, the other performance bonuses are somewhat negligible, other than Campbell's ($750,000) and Panarin's (2,575,000). If all the players hit their bonuses though, including Campbell, it will be around 2,210,000, not including Panarin's (who has already earned his). I believe Campbell will hit his, because it's based on Games Played. He's played 80 thus far in the regular season; not sure if it includes playoffs or what, but I think it's safe to say he will hit his. Kero, Hinostroza, Forsling, Kempny: probably won't. Schmaltz (350,000) is the wild card.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks/performance-bonus

Thanks for the info man!

• Upvote 1

OK, boys now that Panik showed us his true level do we try to resign him or just wait another season and let him really show he can keep developing?

• Upvote 1

damondog said on 2 hours ago:

OK, boys now that Panik showed us his true level do we try to resign him or just wait another season and let him really show he can keep developing?

I think they try and re-sign him to probably a one or two year deal for a mild pay rate or let him go. If he wants more than 2 million I doubt he stays, he probably gets included in a trade. Just cannot afford to give out another Bickell type deal right now...

vadarx said on 1 hour ago:

I think they try and re-sign him to probably a one or two year deal for a mild pay rate or let him go. If he wants more than 2 million I doubt he stays, he probably gets included in a trade. Just cannot afford to give out another Bickell type deal right now...

2mill for 2yrs should be enough, if not, bye Panik. 

If Hossa is moved or retires Panik can be the 3rd line RW. Hopefully someone like Duchene will be Toews RW.