The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
hawks27

Schmaltz Thread

Maybe just freak accidents but Schmaltz is going to need to keep his head up and on a swivel playing center in this league.  If you can’t catch him...they are going to try to hit him.

^ It sucks because, albeit in this limited sample size, he looked like he gained a ton of confidence since last year and was playing like it. I just hope these injuries don't curtail that area of his game moving forward -- two injuries in the first two games might do that to any young player.

Schmaltz has to adapt to the NHL game, he has the talent, but he's not protecting himself, players have an obligation to protect themselves, he got clipped last year by Landeskog, ya it was a bit late, but I think he's leaving himself in harms way too long. He needs to adapt to not worrying where his passes or shots are heading, and worry about surviving another shift. Maybe Q should start that line as the 1st line where they would matchup against less physical players and against more talented players. A lot of teams 2nd D pairings and 2nd lines are no where near as talented as the Hawks are, so they play physical against us!!!

So he should play more like TT who was afraid of any contact and would gladly give up the puck to avoid a hit? Being a center its going to be harder to stay out of harms way but he will have to adapt to stay in the lineup

• Like 1

txyak said on 3 hours ago:

So he should play more like TT who was afraid of any contact and would gladly give up the puck to avoid a hit? Being a center its going to be harder to stay out of harms way but he will have to adapt to stay in the lineup

If he can continue to play his game and get through this learning curve without serious injury? look out !

Granada said on 3 minutes ago:

Damn, I hope this isn't one of those injuries that's "day and day" and ends up being 1 to 2 months.

"hopefully saturday" in Q-speak is a bit ominous.

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 16 minutes ago:

"hopefully saturday" in Q-speak is a bit ominous.

'hopefully saturday' means 'maybe in wednesday'.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

blkhwks918 said on 33 minutes ago:

Thanks for the update, GT.

glad you appreciate it. it was a LOT of work.   :)

• Like 1

Schmaltzy centered the second line Monday in practice, so signs are pointing toward a Wednesday night rivalry return. 

• Like 3

vadarx said on 2 hours ago:

Schmaltzy centered the second line Monday in practice, so signs are pointing toward a Wednesday night rivalry return. 

Is his brother playing for Blues?

yooper496 said on 7 hours ago:

Is his brother playing for Blues?

I believe he is playing in the AHL currently.

yooper496 said on 23 hours ago:

K, vx.  TY.

no problem,  good sir!

iknowpuck said on 4 hours ago:

Schmaltz on 2LW > being on 2C or 3C.

Is he a potential top 6 all-star caliber player?

I dunno about all star, but he surely looks better on the wing. me thinks he should remain there from now on.