The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
hawks27

Schmaltz Thread

OldTimeHawky said on 12 hours ago:

Looked clean to me.

I tend to agree, although at first I did wonder if it was a bit late. But yeah, it looked clean more so than not.

Granada said on 6 hours ago:

I tend to agree, although at first I did wonder if it was a bit late. But yeah, it looked clean more so than not.

Yeah it might've been a tad bit late but at least he never left his feet and he kept his arm down, that's how I was taught to hit.

Hopefully Schmaltz is ok and no lingering effects. 

Good on him. Good to hear Schmaltz is feelin at least ok too

Modry-Jazyk said on 1 hour ago:

Landenskog  has sent SMS to Schmaltzy after the game.

18341729_1235261593239657_39445078156992

He wanted to apologise to his future teammate lol 

• Upvote 4

fith35 said on 2 hours ago:

Just teaching the youngster...potential teammate to keep his head up at all times...lol.

#COLpotentialtradepartner

fith35 said on 16 hours ago:

I was thinking the same thing, he'd look good on Toews LW. 

Schmaltz did not play today vs Italy.  Hope it was just a little more recoup time for him.  He did look pretty good in the previous games I have watched.  Sets up his line mates really well.  Now they apparently don't play until Saturday.

Any updates on Nick? Someone I work with just now said he saw a report that it was a torn meniscus....I stress the fact that I do not know the source for this.

^ Last night Q said post-game that he was "fine," and when asked if he will be in next game he said most likely; that was the last I heard of it.

22256752_1378166218949193_41161828531834

many players played very well yesterday incl. Saad and Hartzy but Kane and Schmaltz were 1st and 2st star IMO.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Like 1

Modry-Jazyk said on 31 minutes ago:

22256752_1378166218949193_41161828531834

many players played very well yesterday incl. Saad and Hartzy but Kane and Schmaltz were 1st and 2st star IMO.

Never realized how different they look without their hockey garb on...

• Like 5

I'm not gonna go crazy over game number 1. But so far I like what I see from the young Hawks. That's why hat we needed two years ago, and I hope the Hawks draft well for the next few years, cuz there's a solid chance that if Schmaltz and co keep on getting better and better, we'll need to trade them away and start over. We got 2-4 years to win with these guys, and 4 years maybe too long, I only say that if they take a 2 year bridge deal. We'll see soon enough, but it would be nice if they did what Sheary, Rust and Guentzel have done in Pitt!!!

Big-T said on 3 hours ago:

I'm not gonna go crazy over game number 1. But so far I like what I see from the young Hawks. That's why hat we needed two years ago, and I hope the Hawks draft well for the next few years, cuz there's a solid chance that if Schmaltz and co keep on getting better and better, we'll need to trade them away and start over. We got 2-4 years to win with these guys, and 4 years maybe too long, I only say that if they take a 2 year bridge deal. We'll see soon enough, but it would be nice if they did what Sheary, Rust and Guentzel have done in Pitt!!!

Are you conforming to “the kids?”

iknowpuck said on 11 hours ago:

Are you conforming to “the kids?”

I was the first one to say go with the kids, but it always seemed like a half arsed plan. They'd try them and Mashinter would get in over a kid, or Roszival, Desjardin or 22 etc. At some point, you gotta just hand the keys over, and live through the growing pains. But it seems they want these kids to come in like Vets and be mistake free. I hope they even tough it out with Dcat. I'm sure he's gripping the stick a little tight, and he'll be fine if given the chance!!!

• Like 1

I read somewhere that they watched the practice yesterday (on SnapChat - whatever that is) and it looked to them Schmaltz was flying around like he was feeling no ill effect from the injury in the Pens game. Great news - but surprising the way he looked when he got helped from the bench to the locker room. I thought for sure it was going to be a knee injury and the only question was how severe. Dodged a big bullet on that one.

• Like 2

Big-T said on 5 hours ago:

I was the first one to say go with the kids, but it always seemed like a half arsed plan. They'd try them and Mashinter would get in over a kid, or Roszival, Desjardin or 22 etc. At some point, you gotta just hand the keys over, and live through the growing pains. But it seems they want these kids to come in like Vets and be mistake free. I hope they even tough it out with Dcat. I'm sure he's gripping the stick a little tight, and he'll be fine if given the chance!!!

Yes you did.  I do remember..  But don't forget me.  I still wan't Daphine, Kampf, and Fortin up here!  

• Like 1

hawkswinall said on 35 minutes ago:

Yes you did.  I do remember..  But don't forget me.  I still wan't Daphine, Kampf, and Fortin up here!  

Hahahaha. I do like what Fortin can bring. He has some good wheels. I think that if Dcat gets sent down, I think he's the call up!!!

When i heard the talk last year from training camp i thought omg more third hand hype...The guy moves well ...Still anything said about Schmaltz you have to follow it up with something about Hartman. Both of them are light years ahead of last year ....

One game, another tonight .... 

A lot of what we are seeing now, from Schmaltz, is what we saw when he played at the University of North Dakota his senior year.

hawks27 said on 3 hours ago:

A lot of what we are seeing now, from Schmaltz, is what we saw when he played at the University of North Dakota his senior year.

I'm not taking away from him, but this is what you get when you get the chance to play with #88. He makes other players around him better. I'm in no way shape or form saying Panera isn't a top talent, but I doubt he gets the totals he got with Kane. I like Panera and I think he's a good kid, but I'm not sold on him having what it takes to be a champion, Saad is a real hockey player, and there isn't any situation I'd take Panera over him. I love when I get the chance to see Hawks picks in Jrs, it was nice to see him when he was playing for Saginaw Spirit. He plays the right way and only 25. Now with the ability to throw out Schmaltz and Hartman and they hold their own and then some, could be the perfect storm!!!

• Like 1