The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Northernhawk

Okay Our Defence?

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

I’m hearing Brodie or Hamilton will be dealt, and I can assure you that the Hawks have indeed kicked the tires on them. I don’t think it’s out of question for the Hawks to make some serious changes. I recently heard Murphy and possibly the late first rounder for Hamilton. Then there’s also a possibility of AA and a good prospect (I don’t know but they want a D prospect back, I’d have to think Jokiharju?) for Faulk and another player. I’m hearing that AA has a limited NTC on July 1 and that Carolina isn’t on that list. We’ll see. The Flames stuff I have a very reliable source, the Carolina stuff I have an ok source!!!

I'm down with some moves but I don't trade our best d prospect right now. not when we are shopping our late first rounder, have no second round picks, and are likely to take a forward at 8. I say we hold on the Joker, I wanna see what he is made of down the road (or maybe even a little this fall). 

totally on board for Murphy and the 27th pick for Hamilton though. that would be a solid feather in Stan's cap if he pulled that off (not only acquiring a top 4 dman but also clearing out a fair amount of space to pay said dman).

vadarx said on 8 minutes ago:

totally on board for Murphy and the 27th pick for Hamilton though. that would be a solid feather in Stan's cap if he pulled that off (not only acquiring a top 4 dman but also clearing out a fair amount of space to pay said dman).

I think the point is that Murphy has 4 years left at 3.9, while he’s a decent depth dman, he doesn’t fill our need. Calgary saves almost 2 million. And gets him replaced plus a 1st rounder. Hammy is 24, and it’s the same as a draft pick panning out. It doesn’t hurt one bit even trading the 8th straight up for him, I wouldn’t do it, but it wouldn’t hurt due to his age and skill set. One thing is for sure, when there are this many rumours, something is bound to happen!!!

vadarx said on 15 minutes ago:

I'm down with some moves but I don't trade our best d prospect right now. not when we are shopping our late first rounder, have no second round picks, and are likely to take a forward at 8. I say we hold on the Joker, I wanna see what he is made of down the road (or maybe even a little this fall). 

Ok, let’s say we get Faulk, Hannefin for AA, Jokiharju? I think that’s a more likely scenario. The Kanes need a good D prospect, and desperately need center help, they also lack size, so I could see their interest in AA!!!

• Like 1

Big-T said on 1 hour ago:

Ok, let’s say we get Faulk, Hannefin for AA, Jokiharju? I think that’s a more likely scenario. The Kanes need a good D prospect, and desperately need center help, they also lack size, so I could see their interest in AA!!!

well now that is a different story! Hanifin is only 21 and has a ton of experience already. I would make that trade in a heartbeat, although we would have to sign Hanifin to probably as much as AA is making....

vadarx said on 55 minutes ago:

well now that is a different story! Hanifin is only 21 and has a ton of experience already. I would make that trade in a heartbeat, although we would have to sign Hanifin to probably as much as AA is making....

From what I’ve heard, they’re doing a full overhaul there. They want a complete culture change. So I think they’ll rebuild and trade away everything of value, even Skinna! I think Hannefin hasn’t developed as they would have liked, but he’s still a good young piece, I think Jokiharju would be a fair piece to add to that trade, and they may even take Hossa’s contract just so they can hit the floor for the next few years while they rebuild!!!

• Like 1

Big-T said on 10 minutes ago:

From what I’ve heard, they’re doing a full overhaul there. They want a complete culture change. So I think they’ll rebuild and trade away everything of value, even Skinna! I think Hannefin hasn’t developed as they would have liked, but he’s still a good young piece, I think Jokiharju would be a fair piece to add to that trade, and they may even take Hossa’s contract just so they can hit the floor for the next few years while they rebuild!!!

my understanding is Aho and.... TT are the only untouchables there.  

I would say Carolina is a prime candidate to absorb that Hossa deal as well. 

• Like 1

Big-T said on 3 hours ago:

Faulk AND Hanifin for AA and the Joker?

SB will need to get your vote for GM of the history of the NHL if he pulled that off😜

• Like 1

Big-T said on 4 hours ago:

That's a good trade, I watched Jokiharju live and he's going to be a good NHLer in a year or two. I like that the Hawks get two puck moving dmen who are over 200lbs and a lefty and righty.

• Like 1

OldTimeHawky said on 7 hours ago:

That's a good trade, I watched Jokiharju live and he's going to be a good NHLer in a year or two. I like that the Hawks get two puck moving dmen who are over 200lbs and a lefty and righty.

Most don’t realize, you gotta give something to get something. Not every trade can be in our favour. I always try to look at it from the other teams point of view. They want a culture change and to get back a solid D prospect, they also want size and cost effectiveness, We need NHL defencemen, and Faulk is definitely what we need,but Hannefin may not end up being what Jokiharju becomes, but he could most certainly be a cost effective young dman to help us get in the right direction!!!

welp, if Lazarus is right and the 'canes are asking for Saad you can go ahead and scratch that deal, imo. I'd like to see Saader for another season  (preferably more if he rebounds) and I don't see the point in plugging one hole to create another....

• Like 1

vadarx said on On 6/12/2018 at 12:59 PM:

welp, if Lazarus is right and the 'canes are asking for Saad you can go ahead and scratch that deal, imo. I'd like to see Saader for another season  (preferably more if he rebounds) and I don't see the point in plugging one hole to create another....

Same -- I would not make that deal either. I could be wrong here, but if I'm confident in anyone having a bounce back year, it's Saad. Trading him just opens up yet another hole in the top six, and we already have at least 2 glaring holes there as is. At this point, we have to add to the roster; we can't subtract and plug in with the same holes we had last year. We need at least two bonafide top 2 lines and ideally, two top 2 D tandems -- this really shouldn't be all that impossible for Bowman. Subtracting Saad from the equation would be a step backward from obtaining that.

• Like 3

Granada said on 6 minutes ago:

Same -- I would not make that deal either. I could be wrong here, but if I'm confident in anyone having a bounce back year, it's Saad. Trading him just opens up yet another hole in the top six, and we already have at least 2 glaring holes there as is. At this point, we have to add to the roster; we can't subtract and plug in with the same holes we had last year. We need at least two bonafide top 2 lines and ideally, two top 2 D tandems -- this really shouldn't be all that impossible for Bowman. Subtracting Saad from the equation would be a step backward from obtaining that.

Agree fix the top 2 scoring lines first and if they are going to continue to use the top line as the shutdown line than make the 3rd line more offensive to pick up that slack. The saying goes you just need to score one more goal than the other team to win.

• Like 2