The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Northernhawk

Okay Our Defence?

If it's true that Brian Campbell is 99% certain to be signed I'll go with the following

1-KEITH

2-SEABROOK

3-HJALMARSSON

4-CAMPBELL

5-VAN RIEMSDYK and ROZSIVAL

6-KEMPNY

7-SVEDBERG and GUSTAFSSON/POKKA

Going with 8 Dmen, with TVR and Rosie sharing duties paired with Kempny

Gustafsson and Pokka replace Svedberg if needed

Edited by Northernhawk

4-Campbell (fingers crossed)

6-Kempny

7-Roszival

8-Wisniewski (I'm smiling as I type this, but I'd do it if he'd take a huge discount, for a year)

4-Campbell (fingers crossed)

6-Kempny

7-Roszival

8-Wisniewski (I'm smiling as I type this, but I'd do it if he'd take a huge discount, for a year)

I bet he would considering his career is pretty much over.

I could see the Hawks trading TVR, which would allow Quenneville to overplay Rozsival.

Edited by Puckjim
  • Upvote 1

I could see the Hawks trading TVR, which would allow Quenneville to overplay Rozsival.

JJ is reporting that exact idea: Hawks are shopping TVR hard, and they expect Roszival to play the majority of the season next to Kempny in order to assimilate the latter (language barrier, etc). Don't shoot the messenger.

• Upvote 1

I was just about to post this.

rumors are to buffalo with CC for Lehner+others and tampa bay, not sure for who but something along the line of next season's tampa cap management as oppose to this season (don't kill me, im just a messenger)

JJ is reporting that exact idea: Hawks are shopping TVR hard, and they expect Roszival to play the majority of the season next to Kempny in order to assimilate the latter (language barrier, etc). Don't shoot the messenger.

I believe it would be kinda dumb because it will give the not-very-good-anymore Rozsival too many minutes, and could lead to the never-was-very-good Rundblad getting a roster spot.

JJ in hockeybuzz posted this too? huh. I guess that makes two sources (unreliable they may be)

I believe it would be kinda dumb because it will give the not-very-good-anymore Rozsival too many minutes, and could lead to the never-was-very-good Rundblad getting a roster spot.

Rundblad shouldn't even be allowed to wear a Hawks jersey in the stands, let alone on the ice.

I'm hoping the Hawks get Campbell and maybe one more cheap D vet. And I'd be upset if they trade TVR.

I'll address this question by sundown because I feel Campbell will sign today or not at all and why on earth would the team move TvR and his meager cap hit either way........it seems to be just what the doctor ordered and will be for two more years.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Upvote 3

^ Probably because it would be a very solid return coming back and very enticing contract for other GM's around the league, in addition to Kempny pushing him out of a regular roster spot.

But yeah, I agree he should be kept either way -- but I get why they'd be putting feelers out there to see what they could get for him.

^ Probably because it would be a very solid return coming back and very enticing contract for other GM's around the league, in addition to Kempny pushing him out of a regular roster spot.

But yeah, I agree he should be kept either way -- but I get why they'd be putting feelers out there to see what they could get for him.

That's a fair point Granada and I think the org is higher on this Pokka kid than many think! He's had two stellar seasons in Rockford to learn the system,he hasn't been rushed,he has an NHL ready frame and he had a very solid tourney for Finnland.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

The Hawks might as well just give up on ever winning the Cup again if they continue with shenanigans like that.

Who in the hell would trade a young, cost effective Dman trending up in favor of a guy getting AARP magazines in the mail and looks like he is using a walker on the ice.

Edited by BucksNBlackhawks

:lol:

True. 

But here's a novel idea - could we have both? Remember when Duncs, Seabs and Hammer were all young defensemen? 

this is interesting situation how it developed since last season, so stacked defense. .. well, (besides Rozsival) Hawks have only 4 dmen in the whole system who play on right side, Seabrook, Hammer, TVR and Pokka, so I guess they could stay both..

this is interesting situation how it developed since last season, so stacked defense. .. well, (besides Rozsival) Hawks have only 4 dmen in the whole system who play on right side, Seabrook, Hammer, TVR and Pokka, so I guess they could stay both..

TVR does play on the left as well doesn't he? 

TVR does play on the left as well doesn't he? 

what I meant is that Hawks have only four dmen who "can" play on the right.

this pic shows it

Clzh9xtVAAA4-Uf.jpg

minus Runblad lol

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

Ggreat top 3 , but beyond that I'm not sure.

Runblad is terrible , Svedberg is big but doesn't use his size and is slow ,

I like TVR and Gus , but do they really move guys out from the net or hammer guys in to the boards ?

Rosy does a bit of that for as much criticism as he gets at least he is physical

The Campbell signing is ok if he can still motor, but overall the D lack grit and size.