The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Sign in to follow this  
Toews1

Gustav Forsling

Gustav Forsling officially signed 3 yr deal

interesting, ELC cap, 19 years old and already had pretty nice stats in Sweden.

Now if even Kempny comes it would be harder for Pokka and especially for Svedberg, who is 25 and still not NHL ready.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Upvote 1

Now if even Kempny comes it would be harder for Pokka and especially for Svedberg, who is 25 and still not NHL ready.

Good, the more competition the better.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHKGf1T7W9k

I've always questioned whether or not Svedberg could cut it. He looks like he thinks to long, always making plays harder than they have to be. He always gets hemmed deep in his zone. I'm not sure he has the hockey iq to be an NHLer!!!

I've always questioned whether or not Svedberg could cut it. He looks like he thinks to long, always making plays harder than they have to be. He always gets hemmed deep in his zone. I'm not sure he has the hockey iq to be an NHLer!!!

I agree. For me the jury is still out because of his lack of experience.

He looks slow and although he has good reach he doesn't use his size in a physical way which is a shame because that is one element the Hawks are real short on.

• Upvote 1

Sved looks like a young giraffe trying to use his legs for the first time. He may be better when he has time to get it all together with more seasoning

just announced in Sweden, Forsling voted top junior player in all of Sweden. the list of previous winner

soo many now past and present NHLers!! in Stan we trust - hopefully Forsling keeps on developing, so long he does not have to do it under coach Q's win now outlook. it would be better he plays another

year in Sweden , then comes over to Rockford for a couple of years. That would put him at 22/23 in the NHL, as a smallish defenseman now shade under 6foot and only 176 pounds, it would give him a 3 year window to add muscle and strength.

• Upvote 1

Sved looks like a young giraffe trying to use his legs for the first time. He may be better when he has time to get it all together with more seasoning

To me, this is an agility thing and Sved just doesn't have it. If you compare him to even an older Chara there really isn't a comparison. Like all sports, everything starts with the feet and Sved may improve a bit but he is turing 25 shortly so not sure how long you can wait. He is in his physical prime now.

I hope Forsling can adapt his game to the NHL. We need alot of help on the back end.

To me, this is an agility thing and Sved just doesn't have it. If you compare him to even an older Chara there really isn't a comparison. Like all sports, everything starts with the feet and Sved may improve a bit but he is turing 25 shortly so not sure how long you can wait. He is in his physical prime now.I hope Forsling can adapt his game to the NHL. We need alot of help on the back end.

Chara was much better at 25, it was around that time when he decided to train with his dad who's a 7' wrestler. He said it really improved his agility. Hopefully Svedberg can improve on that cause it was hard to watch him get easily pushed around.

I liked what I've seen from Forsling, very mobile, good with the puck and a good one timer.

Hard to believe Forsling just turned 20 with how calm he is with the puck, I don't think he'll be going back to Sweden after his 9th game. 

OldTimeHawky said on 17 hours ago:

Hard to believe Forsling just turned 20 with how calm he is with the puck, I don't think he'll be going back to Sweden after his 9th game. 

Yep. He hasn't looked outta place at all. He is gonna play a big part on this team going forward, imo.

The_Jhawker said on 6 hours ago:

So do you guys think he will satay in the roster for the whole season ?

it looks so.Hawks already trying trade TVR. (not sure if they can do it now, when he's injured).It means, they want keep Forsling in the roster or they could call up back Gustafsson but I'd bet on Forsling atm.I think Forsling and Motte are already Hawks for rest of the season+.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Upvote 1

Modry-Jazyk said on 21 hours ago:

it looks so.Hawks already trying trade TVR. (not sure if they can do it now, when he's injured).It means, they want keep Forsling in the roster or they could call up back Gustafsson but I'd bet on Forsling atm.I think Forsling and Motte are already Hawks for rest of the season+.

I agree MJ, both of them have shown they can absolutely contribute this year and it would be in the Hawks best interest to allow them to continue to develop with the Hawks and be comfortable and improved come playoff time...same goes for Hartman. I don't want to jump to far ahead here, but his skill set suggests he could project as a future Top 3. 

Forsling's been pretty smooth and comfortable for the most part,he's had a few hiccups but that's to be expected. He seems to be a smart player and smart players can learn even when they're watching a few games.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Any update on his injury? I really like the kid. I "talk" to a Canucks fan online quite bit and he was really big on him and was upset when the Hawks got him - cause he said the kid had huge untapped potential and a good hockey sense. And being 20 - I'm saw glimpses of that in him for sure. 

• Upvote 2

hsbob said on 1 hour ago:

Forsling's been pretty smooth and comfortable for the most part,he's had a few hiccups but that's to be expected. He seems to be a smart player and smart players can learn even when they're watching a few games.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

Hopefully that's true with Hinostroza, not sure if the pressure got to him but he has the tools to be a solid 2way player. Yeah he's undersized but I'm rooting for him because he's a local kid and a Hawks draft pick. 

As for Forsling, I doubt he goes back to Sweden, the kid is very smart and once he gets used to the league he'll put up decent numbers, if Q lets him. 

• Upvote 1

ATNBlackhawksFan said on 4 hours ago:

Any update on his injury? I really like the kid. I "talk" to a Canucks fan online quite bit and he was really big on him and was upset when the Hawks got him - cause he said the kid had huge untapped potential and a good hockey sense. And being 20 - I'm saw glimpses of that in him for sure. 

ho could play in TUE already.

• Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on On 10/30/2016 at 9:32 AM:

Hopefully that's true with Hinostroza, not sure if the pressure got to him but he has the tools to be a solid 2way player. Yeah he's undersized but I'm rooting for him because he's a local kid and a Hawks draft pick. 

As for Forsling, I doubt he goes back to Sweden, the kid is very smart and once he gets used to the league he'll put up decent numbers, if Q lets him. 

I think Forsling is here to stay, Q seems to be really high on the kid and he has a boatload of potential.  

OldTimeHawky said on On October 30, 2016 at 0:32 PM:

Hino looks like your classic AAAA player, he has speed and enough skill to light up the A but not enough to be a regualr NHL guy. He has Darren Haydar/Martin St. Pierre written all over him. 

• Upvote 1

Congrats Forsling on your first NHL goal, seems appropriate Hjalmarsson and Kruger got the assists on the young Swedes goal. 

Edited by OldTimeHawky
  • Upvote 1

OldTimeHawky said on 4 minutes ago:

Congrats Forsling on your first NHL goal, seems appropriate Hjalmarsson and Kruger got the assists on the young Swedes goal. 

never realized that....pretty cool.

he is a big plus for the team this year. invisible most times which is a good thing for a first year defender.

and when he has the puck he is as cool as a cucumber.

• Upvote 2