The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creature1958

Hawks To Visit White House

Does anyone know where I can find out more information about the Hawks visit to the White House next week?  Specifically, I'm looking to see if they will stop by any other DC sites before the WH.  Last time, they stopped at Walter Reed Medical Center, so I'm trying to see if there's a chance I can see them somewhere around here.  I'm active military, so if they go to Walter Reed or some other military site, I should be able to get access.

Does anyone know where I can find out more information about the Hawks visit to the White House next week?  Specifically, I'm looking to see if they will stop by any other DC sites before the WH.  Last time, they stopped at Walter Reed Medical Center, so I'm trying to see if there's a chance I can see them somewhere around here.  I'm active military, so if they go to Walter Reed or some other military site, I should be able to get access.

I'm told it's the 18th and they are in NY for a game the night before. A few days off so I'll guess they do make some stops. I'll try to get back on this with confirmation of where they will go.

i really enjoyed that so thanks for posting, number-9.

like him or hate him, barack obama sure is a good speaker.

Actions speak louder than words and to never even make an appearance at the UC for a hockey game? Only team from his HOMETOWN to win Championships yet never show up? He's been to many other sporting events here and on late night talk shows even more in his 7 years. Then to claim credit for their success? 

Sorry and this is not about politics but as a fan of Hockey and the Blackhawks that is just a slap in the face to this Chicagoan.

Actions speak louder than words and to never even make an appearance at the UC for a hockey game? Only team from his HOMETOWN to win Championships yet never show up? He's been to many other sporting events here and on late night talk shows even more in his 7 years. Then to claim credit for their success? 

Sorry and this is not about politics but as a fan of Hockey and the Blackhawks that is just a slap in the face to this Chicagoan.

Man, some people get angry over anything. Yep, the Blackhawks definitely looked offended. I'm guessing the only reason they didn't attack him was because of fear of repercussions from the Secret Cervix.

Man, some people get angry over anything. Yep, the Blackhawks definitely looked offended. I'm guessing the only reason they didn't attack him was because of fear of repercussions from the Secret Cervix.

Rocky having that official parking pass made and presented to Obama sure seemed like a hint to me about their disappointment in his lack of appearances.

Rocky having that official parking pass made and presented to Obama sure seemed like a hint to me about their disappointment in his lack of appearances.

The White House isn't in Chicago. I'm sure once his presidency is over he'll see a game sooner or later. 

The White House isn't in Chicago. I'm sure once his presidency is over he'll see a game sooner or later. 

...especially now that the other team that plays in the UC is now in some kind of Nowhere Land.

As far as the President's comments, I'm ok with them.  He clearly is not a hockey fan.  His love for the other three major sports in town, especially basketball, has been evident for years.  I've heard bits of interviews over the years wherein he was asked about his impressions of those other Chicago teams and always had something to say.  I don't know that anyone ventured to ask him about his Blackhawk prognostications.

The comments were humorous and certainly tongue-in-cheek.

Yeah it's not in Hawaii neither so what does that have to do with it? And do you really believe he will be moving back to Chicago once his presidency is over? These visits to the WH are superficial and always have been so him just showing up to one game to show his Chicago pride as he claims would be better.

if anyone is curious, <i was> the cup has been making appearances at the white house since the reagan administration.

from wikipedia.......

It was also a White House guest of Ronald Reagan,[28] George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush,[29] and Barack Obama, and it is currently a tradition of the U.S. president to invite the NHL champion if the team is from an American city. It is a similar tradition for the Prime Minister of Canada to invite the winners, if it is a Canadian team that wins, to Ottawa (however, no Canadian team has won the Cup since the Montreal Canadiens in 1993). The Cup has appeared on Corner Gas, the Late Show with David Letterman, Meet the Press with Tim Russert, Late Night with Conan O'Brien and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.[2] It has served as the baptismal font forSylvain Lefebvre's daughter.

heres the link....some good stuff in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditions_and_anecdotes_associated_with_the_Stanley_Cup

there isnt another professional sports trophy like it in the world, id say......

Yeah it's not in Hawaii neither so what does that have to do with it? And do you really believe he will be moving back to Chicago once his presidency is over? These visits to the WH are superficial and always have been so him just showing up to one game to show his Chicago pride as he claims would be better.

So you want a superficial visit to a Blackhawks game from him? You're making mountains out of molehills. Who care if he likes hockey or the Blackhawks? I know I don't.

if anyone is curious, <i was> the cup has been making appearances at the white house since the reagan administration.

from wikipedia.......

It was also a White House guest of Ronald Reagan,[28] George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush,[29] and Barack Obama, and it is currently a tradition of the U.S. president to invite the NHL champion if the team is from an American city. It is a similar tradition for the Prime Minister of Canada to invite the winners, if it is a Canadian team that wins, to Ottawa (however, no Canadian team has won the Cup since the Montreal Canadiens in 1993). The Cup has appeared on Corner Gas, the Late Show with David Letterman, Meet the Press with Tim Russert, Late Night with Conan O'Brien and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.[2] It has served as the baptismal font forSylvain Lefebvre's daughter.

heres the link....some good stuff in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditions_and_anecdotes_associated_with_the_Stanley_Cup

there isnt another professional sports trophy like it in the world, id say......

Every championship team from every sport gets an invite to the WH and make an appearance with their trophy's. Like I said pretty superficial. But Obama being his hometown and his pride he talks about being from here sure doesn't show.

So you want a superficial visit to a Blackhawks game from him? You're making mountains out of molehills. Who care if he likes hockey or the Blackhawks? I know I don't.

No you are the one making mountains out of molehills. I just stated how I felt about what he calls his hometown pride especially given the scarceness of Championships this city has gotten.