The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
Modry-Jazyk

Around The League - Other Teams' News

galaxytrash said on 18 minutes ago:

that was awesome.

tie domi was a player that should have been easy to hate but i always liked the guy for some reason.

Well, maybe it has something to do with your location of Tieland... 

galaxytrash said on 35 minutes ago:

that was awesome.

tie domi was a player that should have been easy to hate but i always liked the guy for some reason.

I hear ya, gt. 

hard not to have an appreciation for a guy that small willing to go toe to toe with Probbie and then hold his own on top of it.

• Like 1

yooper496 said on On 1/14/2019 at 10:04 PM:

Anybody else rooting for the Ducks to end their skid tomorrow?

The wangs patiently waiting out for Anaheim to succumb once more.  12 game winless streak.   Similar to the Blackhawks,  the Ducks won't win until they relieve their HC of his duties.  That team has quit on Carlyle. They have joined the lottery race with Chicago and (Colorado).

yooper496 said on 19 minutes ago:

The wangs patiently waiting out for Anaheim to succumb once more.  12 game winless streak.   Similar to the Blackhawks,  the Ducks won't win until they relieve their HC of his duties.  That team has quit on Carlyle. They have joined the lottery race with Chicago and (Colorado).

for what it's worth, i seen this on twitter 2 days ago.

edit: in those 12 losses in a row, the duckies have scored 20 goals....but 8 of those goals were in 2 games.

so, in the other 10 games, they've scored just 12 goals.

ouch.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 1

yooper496 said on 10 hours ago:

How's that workin' out so far?

GO HAWKS!!!!!

yooper496 said on 6 hours ago:

?

I Thought the bolded part was explanatory but I guess not.  The HC was relieved………….when does the winning start? When will the team see .500 again other than the 1st day of next year? 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 17 minutes ago:

I Thought the bolded part was explanatory but I guess not.  The HC was relieved………….when does the winning start? When will the team see .500 again other than the 1st day of next year? 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

You bet, bud!  Many times I refer to “win” or “winning” as in the Cup.  (Entitled and spoiled, hey?!).  This time, when comparing the Ducks and the Hawks, I was referring to game streaks.  The Hawks continued to lose after their change.  Anaheim, who BTW had won 8 in a row I believe prior to this skid, may do the same.  

The losing became unacceptable and the coach was fired but we now see a situation where losing isn't only acceptable,it's fun to watch and entertaining and the coach won't be fired as long as the GM is here...….he's signed for THREE years for some reason. Rocky's already paying five assistants and two HC's,I highly doubt he adds to that list no matter the record.

ROCKY'S TEAM NEEDS AN ENEMA! 

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

Edited by hsbob

hsbob said on 1 minute ago:

The losing became unacceptable and the coach was fired but we now see a situation where losing isn't only acceptable,it's fun to watch and entertaining and the coach won't be fired as long as the GM is here...….he's signed for THREE years for some reason. Rocky's already paying five assistants and two HC's,I highly doubt he adds to that list no matter the record.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

Ah, Bob, you actually can add to that list.  He continues to also pay his GM!

• Upvote 1

yooper496 said on 3 minutes ago:

Ah, Bob, you actually can add to that list.  He continues to also pay his GM!

Don't forget McDbag,his in-depth and intimate knowledge of the game of hockey is indispensable!

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 3

hsbob said on 1 minute ago:

Don't forget McDbag,his in-depth and intimate knowledge of the game of hockey is indispensable!

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

Yup.

brandon bollig retired today from hockey at age 31.. he hadn't played in the nhl since the 15/16 season.

he had a pretty unremarkable career and he won't go down as one of the great blackhawks but at least he'll go down as one who made the best of the talent he was born with.

practice GIF

• Like 5

for a number 1 overall,this guy seems to be flying under the radar somewhat. to me at least. anyways, we're in buffalo feb.1st, i will make a point to keep an eye on #26.

as an 18 year old defenseman, he finds himself in good company here. it'd be cool if he can make it to 6 games.

Edited by galaxytrash

Anybody get to see when M-A-F built a snow wall in front of his net toward the end of the game in VKG's loss?

Hilarious !!!!!

Great to see even the refs with a sense of humor. Sorry don't know how to post it. GT? You be the video wizard.

Not that any might care but Tanner Kero is getting called up to Vancouver,  as per his Uncle Nick, my boss.  Yay!

• Like 1

galaxytrash said on 14 hours ago:

brandon bollig retired today from hockey at age 31.. he hadn't played in the nhl since the 15/16 season.

he had a pretty unremarkable career and he won't go down as one of the great blackhawks but at least he'll go down as one who made the best of the talent he was born with.

practice GIF

Always cracks me up.

Not that good of a player that Stan managed to palm off for a 3rd, but this video and the fact that he tried to take Torres to task gives him a thumbs up in my book.

• Like 1