The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
HawkMod

Message Board Issues/technical Problems

I went to the NHL site, made a new password, and it still doesn't work when I try to sign in here or at NHL. But I can sign in at the NHL site via Facebook and then come here. 

Yet another example of why hockey is the red-headed step child of team sports.

Hmmm that should work, I had to reset a password for this site, but once I changed it everything was ok.

I went to the NHL site, made a new password, and it still doesn't work when I try to sign in here or at NHL. But I can sign in at the NHL site via Facebook and then come here. 

Yet another example of why hockey is the red-headed step child of team sports.

To be clear; the new password was accepted and I was signed in with it. But when i signed out and came back it wouldn't work again.

I still can not sign on to the message boards directly, I have to go through NHL.com first with the new password I had to create.  This board will not accept either my new or old password.  

I just reset my password and all was good.....though my password already complied to the rules...

I tried that on the boards directly but it is not recognizing my new or old password to be able to make that happen.  

I just reset my password and all was good.....though my password already complied to the rules...

yeah I had to do the same.

I tried that on the boards directly but it is not recognizing my new or old password to be able to make that happen.  

What browser are you using?

I tried it on both Chrome and Safari...to no avail. 

I did it in Edge but that should not matter...however, I did basically just clear all stored browser data before I made the reset request.

Just odd that there would be differences in how effective the change has been for people.

The only way I am able to sign in is to go to nhl.com and sign in there. Directly signing in at these forums fails.

I use firefox and I don't have any stored browser data, I don't have any history retained or anything like that.

• Upvote 1

Hi. Not a technical issue as such but I was unable to log in with my previous password (or what I thought was my previous password), so I asked for a new one. The thing is the email adress I used to create my former account (the_jhawker) was not the main one I use on daily basis, so I also forgot the password for that secondary email adress. And the security questions were not of any help since I was not smart enough to provide obvious answers 8 years ago.

Therefore, I am back as a rookie now... No big deal but it is going to take some time to get back to my previous amount of posts. I just wanted to share my experience.

How could I knew in 2009 that I would still be on this message board after so many years (and cups :) )?!

• Upvote 1

Hi. Not a technical issue as such but I was unable to log in with my previous password (or what I thought was my previous password), so I asked for a new one. The thing is the email adress I used to create my former account (the_jhawker) was not the main one I use on daily basis, so I also forgot the password for that secondary email adress. And the security questions were not of any help since I was not smart enough to provide obvious answers 8 years ago.

Therefore, I am back as a rookie now... No big deal but it is going to take some time to get back to my previous amount of posts. I just wanted to share my experience.

How could I knew in 2009 that I would still be on this message board after so many years (and cups :) )?!

Try logging on at NHL.com with your old id and password, then coming here.

Try logging on at NHL.com with your old id and password, then coming here.

It works, thanks a lot !

I have to say I had to log via Chrome. When I was using firefox, clicking "sign in to nhl.com" was not doing anything. But it may be linked to my ad blockers.

But it is quite a journey just to log to these boards. :)

Edit : I tried again log in in NHL.com via firefox, and it it works just fine...

Edit2 : I manage to change my email address for "the_jhawker" account to a working one, but I had to log in/log out a few times to do so (first it was saying my password was incorrect -> log in/log out -> tried again and it seemed to work -> log in/log out -> still the old email address so tried again -> log in/log out -> finally the new address (gmail) is taken into account).

With the few log in/log out, it seems I can now use directly the blackhawks website and not go to NHL.com first.

I don't know how to delete an account, but "jhawker" should be erased now that everything seems back to normal.

Thanks for the help :)

Edited by The_Jhawker

Hi. Just to say that I just logged with my nickname (not email address) and (new) password and it works perferctly. And the email address is also the new one, so everything seems fix for me. :)

I would like to be able to say the same for the Hawks though :P

something is wrong with message boards.It looks horrible, stretched to wide screen and aligned to center.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk

I don't have an issue that it's stretched wide, but is it possible at least to allign to left? On the first glance, the previous form appeared to me more "user friendly".

• Upvote 1

I noticed the new home page design yesterday but the MB was the same,today the format is wider.........much like myself!

I liked the old design of both much better but to be totaly honest,I'm happy the MB isn't gone all together like has happened with other NHL teams.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Edited by hsbob