The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
HawkMod

Message Board Issues/technical Problems

Surprise, Surprise ... about an hour after this above post Firefox auto-updated itself to 43.0.1 ...but it hasn't fixed the problem and the posting toolbar is also not showing up. Maybe Mozilla is aware of the problem but their fix isn't working.

Surprise, Surprise ... about an hour after this above post Firefox auto-updated itself to 43.0.1 ...but it hasn't fixed the problem and the posting toolbar is also not showing up. Maybe Mozilla is aware of the problem but their fix isn't working.

Yeah... I typically prefer chrome over all other browsers, but I realize it also has it's issues here and there.

I'm using IE to post (works) and Firefox to read (much faster navigation). As a result of the site's logout policy, I have to login twice as much... even when neither browser is shut down. Logging in on one won't log in the other.

I tried to get Chrome last Oct but it refused to install in Win XP. I do intend to try it with my new Win10 machine once the techs get done with it but in the meantime...

I'm still having problems with Firefox (doesn't happen in IE) not stopping the sliding ad-bar (Hawk jerseys) from anchoring on top of and covering 3" from the top of the page... and then putting up another floating 2" bar splitting the rest ...every time I change the page. My own solution has been to wait until it jumps to the bookmark then hit "stop loading the page." But it's a bit(h and sometimes I'm not fast enough. Once started the ad-bar ignores the "stop loading the page" command.

In IE 8.06, the inital "Edit" of a posted message won't work. It puts everything in edit mode but will not access the text. One must hit "Full editor" to alter the post. Strangely... when the above is done once... straight "edit" then works for subsequent changes.

Not sure if its a quirk of IE or the combo of IE and XP...but it is annoying.

"Edit" is actually greyed for my posts when seeing them with firefox.

In IE 8.06, the inital "Edit" of a posted message won't work. It puts everything in edit mode but will not access the text. One must hit "Full editor" to alter the post. Strangely... when the above is done once... straight "edit" then works for subsequent changes.

Not sure if its a quirk of IE or the combo of IE and XP...but it is annoying.

"Edit" is actually greyed for my posts when seeing them with firefox.

Have you tried ff beta?

OK, over the past couple of days, especially today (April 9, 2016), I've been having problems getting to the message boards.  I can get to the main Hawks website just fine, but the boards have been as unreachable as a musky in Puget Sound.  I hope this has been a general problem and it's not just me.

If it is just me, any suggestions?

it didn't work couple of hours Gig

That's actually good news.  Thanks MJ.  It appears that it's not just me.

Is there any way to block other members from seeing your posts?

That would clear up a lot of issues where members troll other members and only comment on stuff they post to try and start fights.

If they can't see a post, they can't comment on it.

• Upvote 1

that would be nice Merp.I would put on the list everyone who would call me euro-biased. : )

It would just cut down on the fighting, which in turn should make the boards a better place and make the Mods' jobs easier. 

I know you can currently ignore people, but they can still see what you post and comment on it and it takes 1 click to see their posts.

If we had the ability to fully block it means that person can't see what I post and I can't see what they post. 

It would just cut down on the fighting, which in turn should make the boards a better place and make the Mods' jobs easier. 

I know you can currently ignore people, but they can still see what you post and comment on it and it takes 1 click to see their posts.

If we had the ability to fully block it means that person can't see what I post and I can't see what they post. 

yes, I understand, it works so ie on FB, complete*** block.This what we have here is only half solution.

***I would still let intact that option to click and see post from ignored ppl and to send PM.

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Upvote 1

I had one member drop me as a "friend" during a scrap. I noticed it immediately, and called him on his obvious immaturity. A little awkward situation and different from what MERPER may be talking about but both petty IMO.

• Upvote 1

just wondering.....how do you actually block someone?

if i understand it correctly, you cant see their posts unless someone else quotes them in their response, is that correct?

edit: okay, i think ive got this *ignore poster* thing figgered.

Edited by galaxytrash

I don't know how Twitter code works here.

I.e. on HFB, if you use Twitter icon from panel above and insert unique tweet code, it will display that tweet as original with all graphic.

I was not able log-in today.I have stored login password but that *** NHL site system has shown only "bad username/password" warning.After a while and after I moved to NHL site instead of Hawks site I realized, they are forcing all users to change their passwords to new, at least 8 chars long passwords.Because it would be really catastrophic event if some russian hacker would stole my 5-char password for Hawks boards....

Edited by Modry-Jazyk
  • Upvote 1

My regular username is bnwflix. I've been here for quite a few years. I was not able to sign in using my username and password. I have not changed my password. Any ideas what's up with that? Thanks.

Also, even though I just created this account, when I click on 'view new content', it comes back 'no new content'. I just created the account. It should all be new.

My regular username is bnwflix. I've been here for quite a few years. I was not able to sign in using my username and password. I have not changed my password. Any ideas what's up with that? Thanks.

I had the same problem, so I changed my password.  Since the sign in page remembers the user name and password, I did not remember my original password anyway.  So, I changed it and was able to log in. 

did you see my post ? I had same problem.So i left Hawks site and moved to nhl.com.There I've seen warning that I have to change password to 8 char long (I had short old pass), I did it and it's OK now.

Also, even though I just created this account, when I click on 'view new content', it comes back 'no new content'. I just created the account. It should all be new.

Not necessarily, typically only content after you created your account should start showing up as new.

I went to the NHL site, made a new password, and it still doesn't work when I try to sign in here or at NHL. But I can sign in at the NHL site via Facebook and then come here. 

Yet another example of why hockey is the red-headed step child of team sports.