The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
HawkMod

Message Board Issues/technical Problems

hsbob said on On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM:

Anyone else having trouble signing in? I can on my iPad but the laptop says 'A connection to the front end login system could not be established'

GO HAWKS!!!!!

I am getting that on one computer running Win 10, and with all of the browsers at current version.     Only computer I have a problem with.  Tried clearing alllllllllll browser cache and passwords, and such and no dice.   very odd.

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 55 minutes ago:

I am getting that on one computer running Win 10, and with all of the browsers at current version.     Only computer I have a problem with.  Tried clearing alllllllllll browser cache and passwords, and such and no dice.   very odd.

Win 10.....don't remind me!LOL!  I avoided the download and the dam thing downloaded itself,I believe someone sued MS and won like 40K for the same thing. I've pretty much hated my computer ever since but things seem to be OK now. Thanks BIB.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

hsbob said on 2 hours ago:

Win 10.....don't remind me!LOL!  I avoided the download and the dam thing downloaded itself,I believe someone sued MS and won like 40K for the same thing. I've pretty much hated my computer ever since but things seem to be OK now. Thanks BIB.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

So, just out of chance, I clicked on the reset password button, but did not reset.  Tried to login and got that account was locked.  Waited 15 min, and all is good.....I hope that is not the correct way to get out of it though.

dzembower said on 1 minute ago:

How does one delete their account?

I don't believe it's possible. Why would you want to delete your account? don't like your screen name?

I created this account long ago and apparently forgot.  Now I want to use the email address associated with this account in my other account.  I thought if I deleted this account I could.

HawkMod said on 5 minutes ago:

I don't believe it's possible. Why would you want to delete your account? don't like your screen name?

I am not familiar with deleting an account but if you would like to know how to deplete an account I'm your man !!!!

• Like 2

tocnhawks said on On 11/7/2017 at 5:42 PM:

Finally able to sign in here, had to reset my password though...see others had issues as well.....

Welcome back!

DangleAngle said on 11 minutes ago:

I just signed up, but when I go to begin a new thread and am told to select a category ( Hawk Talk ) nothing happens ?

This is probably due to the 25 post requirements to start a topic. Welcome! 

HawkMod said on 36 minutes ago:

This is probably due to the 25 post requirements to start a topic. Welcome! 

Thank you for reinforcing why we have a rule in the first place

I had been XJSGUY for a long time and hadn't been in for a whle.

I tried and tried to log in butt, I was refused everyting, including being told to wait 8 minutes.

That's like four two minute penalties.

Whay it actualy wrong with the site?

I keep all of my log in info in a couple of books and have not attempted to change any of them.

I had to create this new ID to get in here.
Actually, I'm not all that surprised because I have several personalities;)

Serioulsy, what is going on?

XJSDUDE said on 3 minutes ago:

I tried and tried to log in butt, I was refused everyting, including being told to wait 8 minutes.

I keep all of my log in info in a couple of books and have not attempted to change any of them.

It’s going to all be because of this Jurco move...just keep reading😜

XJSDUDE said on 3 hours ago:

First I'm hearing of this... Anyone else seeing this issue? 

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on 17 hours ago:

I think there is something wrong with my title

You're fine Ozzy!

I really like the button "Unread content". Lately I realized that when I'm the PC or Tablet, the button is available on both, top and bottom of the page. However, in the when reading forums through mobile phone (which is 99% in my case), the button is only on the top of the page. Is it possible to have him in the mobile version on the bottom as well? That would save me a lot of scrolling :)

Biscuit_In_The_Basket said on On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM:

I think there is something wrong with my title

Well Duh you need to talk to the Queen of England to get it right Sir_ Biscuit_ in_ the_ Basket we mere peons just can't go around calling you that without her blessings.:blink:

Or get ahold of Jesse White in Springfield :P

HawkMod said on On 1/9/2018 at 8:46 PM:

First I'm hearing of this... Anyone else seeing this issue? 

Even though I had not logged in in a long time, I had changed nothing and do save all of my ID's & Pwords.

I used the exact things which I had used successfully in the past and it would not accept anything.

I am using my new ID and hope that will continue to function correctly however, it still is "iffy".

Also, please check out previous post to access your account a different way. For example, try using your email instead of your screen name. I believe there are more solutions. 

HawkMod said on 22 hours ago:

Also, please check out previous post to access your account a different way. For example, try using your email instead of your screen name. I believe there are more solutions. 

I have two active email addies.

I had used both of them when attempting to log in along with the attempt with my correct screen name of XJSGUY.

That did absolutely nothing.

I also used the link for a new password and, what was sent was unusable.

It was not sent as a live link. Rather it was some mumbo jumbo in an uncluckable mess.

I decided to not waste my time in what was NOT a problem of my making so I just created this new identity.

funny thing.

i guess you can use the F word on these boards (as a verb or an adverb) as long as you drop the g off the end, but if you want to talk about former vice president **** Cheney no one knows what the hell you're talking about.   :P

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Like 1

Question here I couldn't get search results for:

Is there any way to delete old attachments to free up space on your profile for new ones?

Thanks!

LordKOTL said on 1 hour ago:

Question here I couldn't get search results for:

Is there any way to delete old attachments to free up space on your profile for new ones?

Thanks!

Hmmmm, not that I'm aware of

HawkMod said on 4 hours ago:

Hmmmm, not that I'm aware of

Well blah.  Thanks for getting back to us on this though!