The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
HawkMod

Message Board Issues/technical Problems

If you are experiencing issues or problems with the boards. Please post your issue or problem here, and a moderator or lovely board member will assist you in resolving the issue.

Please note, this is not the place for problems with other members or to complain about an issue.

hawks%20anthem-thumb-640xauto-169566.jpg

Last I tried I could post comments from Chrome at home, but today at work I cannot. It does not show the tool bars in the dialogue box and when I type it shows in a faint Times New Roman, and when I hit 'post' it replies that I have not typed anything.

That was happening to me a few days ago on Chrome but I can post now. However, still have no way to edit as tool bar is not working for me either.

List of current issues: As of 05/25/15

Chrome/Safari with posting  - Work around right now is to use firefox.

No new threads in fan photos/ artwork

Posting in the status update

Mods will update this list when we know the issues have been fixed.

Thank you all for your Patience

just so you know the tool box (bold, italics, emoticons, etc.) is working above the dialogue box for me now, but before the quote function was working for me, now again you need to              ------------------                to separate posts.

google chrome here.

hope this is of some help.

edit feature works okay.

Edited by galaxytrash

just so you know the tool box (bold, italics, emoticons, etc.) is working above the dialogue box for me now, but before the quote function was working for me, now again you need to              ------------------                to separate posts.

google chrome here.

edit feature works okay.

Yeah, same here using IOS with Safari. Minor inconvenience though.

"Work around right now is to use firefox."

That's not really a "workaround". "Workaround" usually means a way to do the thing you want to do. The thing I want to do is use this page with my usual browser. Having to use some other browser to post will probably mean I just won't post. Not as a conscious decision, but just because I'll come here to see what others are saying, maybe feel like posting something, but then realize that will mean opening a different browser, so saying "ah, screw it".

Edited by BNWFLIX

List of current issues: As of 05/25/15

Chrome/Safari with posting  - Work around right now is to use firefox.

No new threads in fan photos/ artwork - Fixed

Posting in the status update

Mods will update this list when we know the issues have been fixed.

Thank you all for your Patience

google chrome here.

edit feature works okay.

Thanks keep posting if you are continuing have issues , no idea who these even happened

Thanks keep posting if you are continuing have issues , no idea who these even happened

the only issue i have now (not really even that much of one) is that when i'm reading posts on my iphone (4), i cannot see any type of separation between the post quoted and the reply. i mean, you can't see where the quote ended and the reply begins.

other than that very minor issue, things ticking along nicely for me.

btw, to you and your brethren, keep up the good work.

Edited by galaxytrash
  • Upvote 1

before my old computer finally shat itself and died, posting and editing were pretty much trouble free.

since i've called up my newer computer from the farm, same as hawkey1 for me. no editing functions.

just tried to edit a post on another page. i had something incredibly witty, insightful and humorous, but it when i hit save changes, it said the post was empty.

oh man, you don't know what you've missed....

:)

editing this post to see if it works.

2nd edit...it works now but not 10 minutes ago on another page.

weird wild stuff...

Edited by galaxytrash

before my old computer finally shat itself and died, posting and editing were pretty much trouble free.

since i've called up my newer computer from the farm, same as hawkey1 for me. no editing functions.

just tried to edit a post on another page. i had something incredibly witty, insightful and humorous, but it when i hit save changes, it said the post was empty.

oh man, you don't know what you've missed....

:)

editing this post to see if it works.

2nd edit...it works now but not 10 minutes ago on another page.

weird wild stuff...

No more thi-stick for you!LOL!

SYANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!!!

• Upvote 1

i'm on yet another laptop these days (all chrome). 

edit functions working perfectly again.

for me, it seems, it may be a computer issue. still seems strange, though because the previous laptop worked pretty much spot on, except for the editing issues.

One thing to keep in mind is the browser you are using and how the big three are transitioning to HTML5 as the basis for layout and such. Current versions of Firefox and Chrome are already there. IE 11 and Edge are already there with "workarounds" to allow for some backwards compatibility.

What does that mean? The format and layout is changing and if the web page layout has not changed or is in process it will impact not just the layout and functionality.

For editing issues, I have found IE 11 to work best for me with "WYSIWYG" editing, and to shut off "WYSIWYG" (switch button in the upper left), for the others. I suspect that this will be an issue for some time as webpages are adjusting.

If you want to know why the browsers are changing so rapidly to the move to HTML5, it all has to do with the exploit vectors from Flash and JavaScript. They are trying "kill" those holes pretty rapidly and I suspect it will be some time before that stabilizes as all are adjusting as well.

My joy to this is the 50+ known websites we deal with similar issues on where I work IRL.