The Official Site of the Chicago Blackhawks
I-miss-Wis

The Crawford Thread

absolutely awesome to see Crow out there playing at the same level he left off at. actually, it is awesome just to see him on the ice playing at all!

vadarx said on On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM:

absolutely awesome to see Crow out there playing at the same level he left off at. actually, it is awesome just to see him on the ice playing at all!

It's awesome to be winning 3-1 ENG games again too! The team defense was as good as it's been in some time,Kruger's late penalty scared me shytless but our best penalty killer by far is back and ready to lay claim to his rightful place in the game.   A lotta things were said about Crawford during his absence and ever since he came into the league to be honest,I think this healthy,well rested,elite goaltender has a chip on his shoulder and we see his best season ever. If everyone else is onboard we could see the postseason...……..coulda last year too with CC!

Ward's faced a lotta shots and he's been OK,I have no problem with him as a back-up but it's a privilege for this old hockey fan to watch Corey Crawford ply his trade! 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 4

hsbob said on 16 minutes ago:

It's awesome to be winning 3-1 ENG games again too! The team defense was as good as it's been in some time,Kruger's late penalty scared me shytless but our best penalty killer by far is back and ready to lay claim to his rightful place in the game.   A lotta things were said about Crawford during his absence and ever since he came into the league to be honest,I think this healthy,well rested,elite goaltender has a chip on his shoulder and we see his best season ever. If everyone else is onboard we could see the postseason...……..coulda last year too with CC!

Ward's faced a lotta shots and he's been OK,I have no problem with him as a back-up but it's a privilege for this old hockey fan to watch Corey Crawford ply his trade! 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

CC has been nothing but spectacular since his return. With him between the pipes it’s gives this young team an extra boost of confidence it didn’t have in his absence. Sure the team has issues, but with CC in the net, it gives the Hawks a fighting chance every night. 

hawkinmontreal said on 2 minutes ago:

CC has been nothing but spectacular since his return. With him between the pipes it’s gives this young team an extra boost of confidence it didn’t have in his absence. Sure the team has issues, but with CC in the net, it gives the Hawks a fighting chance every night. 

I guess we'll have ongoing health concerns but the team gave him all the time he needed to get back to 100% and he was well rested along the way. Fresh as a daisy he is!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

• Like 1

Corey Crawford looked determined and as focused as a F'n laser beam in the post presser and I believe the team feeds off this......big time! He was quick to give credit to Jimmy Waite and all the work they did before his return,major kudos to the Hawks goaltending coach. As discouraging as his long absence was,I was encouraged by even the earliest videos of him working with JW before practice because he looked fresh and agile right from the start IMO. I also had an inkling that we'd once again see the goaltender we now see when he answered a reporter's question a few weeks back,he was asked if he'd do a rehab start in Rockford...…..he said "I don't need a start in Rockford"

The Hawks were never extended in any of their cup winning finals,I believe the reason back in '10' was just a deeper,more talented team but I believe the reason we weren't in '13'&'15' was due to the outstanding,clutch play of Corey Crawford. Goaltending legends are forged in the stanley cup finals and our two time cup winner surrendered 25 goals in 12 games while posting a .931 GAA...……...stuff of legends!

The health concerns may linger but who knows what the future holds for any player,let alone any of us. You're well until you ain't and you're here until you're gone my friends.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

• Like 3

hsbob said on 4 minutes ago:

Corey Crawford looked determined and as focused as a F'n laser beam in the post presser and I believe the team feeds off this......big time! He was quick to give credit to Jimmy Waite and all the work they did before his return,major kudos to the Hawks goaltending coach. As discouraging as his long absence was,I was encouraged by even the earliest videos of him working with JW before practice because he looked fresh and agile right from the start IMO. I also had an inkling that we'd once again see the goaltender we now see when he answered a reporter's question a few weeks back,he was asked if he'd do a rehab start in Rockford...…..he said "I don't need a start in Rockford"

The Hawks were never extended in any of their cup winning finals,I believe the reason back in '10' was just a deeper,more talented team but I believe the reason we weren't in '13'&'15' was due to the outstanding,clutch play of Corey Crawford. Goaltending legends are forged in the stanley cup finals and our two time cup winner surrendered 25 goals in 12 games while posting a .931 GAA...……...stuff of legends!

The health concerns may linger but who knows what the future holds for any player,let alone any of us. You're well until you ain't and you're here until you're gone my friends.

GO HAWKS!!!!! 

One of the best posts, bob.

CC made a believer out of me.

I should eat some crow too...I said CC might not even be able to backstop this atrocious team D.

Good thing the team D is tightning up and an even better thing that he was able to get the job done while it’s been a work in progress.

• Upvote 1

iknowpuck said on 4 minutes ago:

One of the best posts, bob.

CC made a believer out of me.

I should eat some crow too...I said CC might not even be able to backstop this atrocious team D.

Good thing the team D is tightning up and an even better thing that he was able to get the job done while it’s been a work in progress.

Kudos to you my friend,many will never admit as much. As encouraging as CC's play has been it's even more encouraging to see the team coalesce around a goaltender that they believe can lead them back to the top and that goes for the exciting youngsters as much as the vets!

GO HAWKS!!!!!